Here's my 1st Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely setup. Im jealous of your Pulse Monitor, been wanting to get one for a while now!

Zip ties are good for cleaning up a tangled mess of wires.

Great use of those magnetic hooks. Did you buy a metal plate or just find something from around the house?

I would wait another week or so to potup again it's good to have em in early so there's no interruptions in root development and growth.im over at "back in the saddle again"
Check me out bro.you got a nice set up.i go with the ol foxfarm nutes trio.keep a lil calmag and guano .jus hit me up if you have any questions about my grow bro.

Will do. How would I know if i need to use calmag or guano? The nutes come w/ a handy chart (i like that).

Youve definitely got a long way to grow before the repot. Ive got plants in my garden 4 feey tall in that size pots. You want to make sure the root ball is fully colonized in the pot so it holds together and doesn't disintegrate and cause damage when moving to a bigger home.
When you can drench the soil and it's dry again in 24 hours or less, that's a good sign they are feeling the pinch.

Got it - i'll keep that in mind.

Lovely setup. Im jealous of your Pulse Monitor, been wanting to get one for a while now!

Zip ties are good for cleaning up a tangled mess of wires.

Great use of those magnetic hooks. Did you buy a metal plate or just find something from around the house?

I love the pulse. I feel like i'd be growing blind without it.

I bought a set of little metal plates w/ a sticky side.

Honestly, it does remember me times when I was trying in growing Lemon Amnesia strain by myself. It was pretty hard, I should tell. That's all started from this website ( https://weedzy.co.uk/ ), where I've ordered it once. Taste of Lemon Amnesia strains are unique for me, and I will not confuse it with any other strains.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, Auntie Kush here w/ another update!

So first things first, my plants were looking pretty happy and based on some advice, I went ahead and topped them.

1_pre_top-jpg.964827

This is what they looked like after the top:

2_topped-jpg.964829

I was worried I didn't take off enough. However pretty soon, this was the least of my worries. I go in my tent to check on how they were doing a couple of days later, and discovered THIS:

MOLDDDDDDDDDD

3_moldy_leaf-jpg.964830

Anyway, I found a recipe for a mold spray (1 tbsp baking soda, 1 tbsp cooking oil, a couple of drops of dish soap to 1 gallon of water) and sprayed my plants after tearing off any affected leaves.

4_spray-jpg.964831

They're looking okay after spraying, but then I went in to check on them 12 hours later and the tips were all greyish/brown on a couple of the plants. I realized that I made the spray way too strong. I used 1 quart of water rather than a gallon.

5_burn-1-jpg.964834

I was worried when i noticed, but they've since bounced back. I plan on spraying once a week (with a more dilute spray) to prevent the mold from coming back.

Here's how things are looking:

6_mold_chart-jpg.964835

I dropped my RH a bit (from about 65% to 60%), bumping up my VPD from around ~1.0 to about 1.3. The line is jumpy because of the controllers ticking on & off. The plants are a bit bigger, so they can probably tolerate it.

I've been a bit busy, so I'm trying to catch everyone up. More updates to come!

Oh no, that’s a bummer. Hopefully you can get it taken care of quickly!

A definite bummer. Since spraying w/ the baking soda mix, things have been pretty good. I'm worried w/ the tent more packed that i'm missing something, but I've been checking pretty regularly. I'll keep spraying & and keep my fingers crossed.

Drop your humidity by any means possible. Dehumidifier, exhaust fan, air conditioner, anything.
The spores are still in the space and will recolonize under the same conditions.
I also recommend starting a silica supplement, which could be either water fed or mixed into your foliar spray recipe. I spray with Silica Blast during times of year that humidity is hard to control. It both strengthens the tissues against attack and makes the leaf surface inhospitable to fungi.
Also do your spraying right as the lights come on, forget about droplet burn this is more serious, and open the door and air the space out until the spray dries so it doesn't add even more humidity.
Consider a commercial antifungal blend and there are safe natural ones...
Sns244 plus silica blast is a very effective prevention but removing humidity is crucial.

Hi All,

Auntie here with another update.

Plants are looking happy after topping. Interesting to see how the leaves turn out after being cut, and to watch all of the new growth!

1_post_topping.jpg

I got a spray bottle from home depot for my anti-mold spray. Definitely beats having to use a spray bottle and only $10. Highly recommended.

2_spray_gear.jpg

Before spray:

3_pre_spray_tent.jpg

After spray:

4_all_wet.jpg

I also set up a new drain hose. I think I got too big of a hose, I might have to look for some sort of fittings and adapters. It sure does make watering easier. I had to get a bit of a siphon going to get it started, but I just put the end submerged in a container outside of my grow, draining into the earth once the container overflows. I might have to get a little pump because I don't want to keep having to re-start the siphon. Will post more details next time I water. Letting them get a bit dry now.

5_hose.jpg

Things have been looking pretty good in the tent lately. The jerky lines are from the exhaust fan coming on and the air changing over. Pretty happy with my averages! 76F, 60% RH and 1.3 VPD.

6_smooth_sailing.png

A question for you guys - some of my leaves look like this:

Is this something serious? What's going on here?

7_whats_going_on.jpg

Last edited:
Wow those are coming along nicely!...Sometimes tender new growth will show its underside trying to escape harsh light...might raise your light some and see if that helps.

Sorry for the slow response, i've been feeling a bit under the weather. The lights are relatively far considering the guidelines i've seen for veg. Seems like the plants have toughened up, and the new growth isn't really doing that anymore.

I'm working on another update, so I'll have more for everyone soon!

Hey Ya'll,

Auntie here with a quick update.

So when I was under the weather, I didn't tend to my babies quite as well as I should have, and they got a bit too dry, or perhaps I didn't do a good job watering one of them. Spot the problem child:

oCrXESC.jpg

Here's a closer look:

O7c1S0D.jpg

Poor baby:

soG3eKu.jpg

I'm gonna give her a bit of extra water and hope she perks up!

The rest of my girls are looking great though:

H5wEfMy.jpg

More updates coming soon!

You inherited a nice setup there and added to it nicely. For clip-on fans Air King is the best imho, they last a long time running 24/7 and when they do die there's no fire hazard, no wire burning smells, they just stop. A little pricey compared to others but excellent fans worthy of the name. I agree with SA on the humidity level, after seeing your initial post stating temp and rh level I cringed a little seeing that you added a humidifier. Adding a teaspoon of epsom salts per gallon of water once a week for your plants will help keep a nice color to your leaves. They look slightly lacking. Overall really nice job though.

All that spraying is leaching nutrients out of your leaves. The half dead one may have root rot. More water won't help it. How's your humidity now? I see it was regularly spiking up into the 80s. Yiu shouldn't have spikes like that if youre managing your exhaust correctly. Spraying is a temporary fix and unless you're actually doing proper foliar feeding to correct a deficiency... It's bad for them in the long run.
Get some micronutrient solution and weak grow fertilizer into the mix if you have to spray again. But anitger tging with spraying is you're increasing humidity... the opposite of what you need to control mold.

You inherited a nice setup there and added to it nicely. For clip-on fans Air King is the best imho, they last a long time running 24/7 and when they do die there's no fire hazard, no wire burning smells, they just stop. A little pricey compared to others but excellent fans worthy of the name. I agree with SA on the humidity level, after seeing your initial post stating temp and rh level I cringed a little seeing that you added a humidifier. Adding a teaspoon of epsom salts per gallon of water once a week for your plants will help keep a nice color to your leaves. They look slightly lacking. Overall really nice job though.

What will the epsom salts do?

I added a couple of lil blizzard oscillating fans, and they seem to be doing great. The clip ons i got were "comfort zone" and they kinda suck.

All that spraying is leaching nutrients out of your leaves. The half dead one may have root rot. More water won't help it. How's your humidity now? I see it was regularly spiking up into the 80s. Yiu shouldn't have spikes like that if youre managing your exhaust correctly. Spraying is a temporary fix and unless you're actually doing proper foliar feeding to correct a deficiency... It's bad for them in the long run.
Get some micronutrient solution and weak grow fertilizer into the mix if you have to spray again. But anitger tging with spraying is you're increasing humidity... the opposite of what you need to control mold.

The half dead one is really bouncing back now. I'll have a few more pics. Humidity has been pretty stable lately:

I haven't had a hint of mold in the last couple of weeks, so perhaps that's all settled now.

upload_2020-5-5_9-2-25.png

Oh yeah that's way better. Nice work.
All that Epsom salts do is give the plant magnesium and sulfur. They need magnesium to make chlorophyll, but if you've leached out the nitrogen, they can't bind it. That's why I suggested micronutrients + grow fert.
Straight magnesium deficiency which is fully treatable by Epsom misting looks like green leaves with a pale fishbone pattern between the veins. That's not your issue; you're missing pretty much everything.

Oh yeah that's way better. Nice work.
All that Epsom salts do is give the plant magnesium and sulfur. They need magnesium to make chlorophyll, but if you've leached out the nitrogen, they can't bind it. That's why I suggested micronutrients + grow fert.
Straight magnesium deficiency which is fully treatable by Epsom misting looks like green leaves with a pale fishbone pattern between the veins. That's not your issue; you're missing pretty much everything.

I'm thinking that my pH is too high. I just checked my water pH, it's like 8. Plus i've been spraying w/ baking soda spray for a couple of weeks to prevent PM.

Hi Ya'll,

Auntie here w/ an equipment update! I've been pretty excited to share this. I got a bit of new equipment, and totally re-did my tent setup. Things are SO MUCH BETTER. Check it out:

1. I got a carbon filter, and the correct sized exhaust hose (6").

DHqMBux.jpg

The hose now perfectly snaps into this exhaust vent that was already on my garage, sitting flush with the grate, with no additional hardware, tape, etc. It has great flow going directly outside.

uNnt4aN.jpg

2. I moved all of my controls outside of the tent. It definitely feels like the right way to have things set up, it's much easier than having to dig around in the tent to set things up, it removes some light pollution from the tent, and it looks cool. Love it.

edEWzXO.jpg

3. I redid my fan setup, and moved where my pulse grow monitor and my controller sensors are. I've got 4 fans in there now. Two oscillating and two non-oscillating.

YKVV59i.jpg

4. I also moved around some of the electrical cords, so things are much neater. Still not amazing, but way better than they were.

v0nIWDW.jpg

Seems like it's paying off a bit. My VPD has been much more stable after all this work, except for when the humidifier ran out of water. Oops!

dCWcLQO.png

Latest posts

Back