Hermaphrodite ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckwheat

Reaction score
I noticed two of my females were showing some calyx’s swelling and looking like I have pollination going on ! I’ve no males in the room ! I started looking on a OG Kush reg. Node and found a strange looking flower , possibly both male and female flowers ! I poked it and pollen shot out !
Only two plants affected ! My questions are what do you get when a plant pollinates itself ! How long does it take for a seed to mature ? These plants have been flowering for about 55 days!
Thanks Buckwheat

Thank you for info ! I’m to cut all the seeded buds off the plant and that will allow more energy for the virgins to carry on and get fat and sweet !
I like your quote !

If pollen shot out--it is too late. Your entire plant will most likely have been pollinated. And there are most likely more nanners waiting to explode pollen. Often times, they hide in the middle of buds and you never actually see them.

I believe that you have taken hollowpoint's post wrong. You need to remove all the male parts you can find. There is no advantage to removing the (obviously) pollinated buds, you should let them finish. You most likely have no "virgin" buds, either. Pollen goes everywhere.

All I see is seeded buds on the lower portion of 1 plant and I just harvested those branches ! I found 3 dried up very tiny bananas on the branches! I’m guessing they were so small and few , they didn’t affect the other females ! Is that normal to get both sexes on a OGKush regular seed ?

I am still seeing a little pollen on the leaves ! I’m going to harvest this lady and get her out of the room ! Probably not ready yet after 55 days ! Have no choice !
Ok Growdude, how are your WW’s doing ? I have 3 going , oh so surgary looking !

Latest posts

Back