Hermie Alert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

The Bubba 76 Fem that was part of a freebie giveaway by Attitude has hermied on me. These went into 12/12 on 3-24. As far as I know, these plants have not gone through any stress. The temps have been great as they are this time of year in the mountains and I didn't do anything stupid like open the doors during dark or leave an overhead light on. I pulled her out of the back of the closet today to do a res change as I have been gone for about 5 days. I noticed the tell-tale lighter green/yellow in one of the buds. Yup--it was a nanner. Further examination revealed more nanners and several pollen sacs had opened. These were from Emerald Triangle seeds. What makes this especially bad was that I was doing a Satori seed run. Now I am going to have to throw all the seeds away and start over. I am incredibly disappointed.

...looking for the hermie thread.....

Thanks THG for the heads up. Perhaps will put her in the balcony.

Awww, bummer. Super bummer on the Satori seed run! That sucks. Sorry THG

Oh that sucks. I threw mine away after reading this. If they hermied on you, they would on me too. I knew I didn't trust feminized seeds.

Sorry, THG, do you have any extra satori pollen?

There should be more then just one incident to ring "The Hermie Bell" imo, no offense but thats jmo... I'll definately take note of that tho...I've grown several runs of nothing but femmed beans and have never seen one ball where there shouldn't be...

gifted cuttings from friends, yes, but not from these "femmed" beans...

:yeahthat: I'll not throw my seed away, just will watch very close!

I'm not advising anyone to throw their seeds away, but keep a close eye out. If I hadn't been gone, I might have noticed sooner, before they opened.

No, Rosebud, no more Satori pollen. I guess that I will just pop some more seeds and try again.

7greeneyes said:
There should be more then just one incident to ring "The Hermie Bell" imo, no offense but thats jmo... I'll definately take note of that tho...I've grown several runs of nothing but femmed beans and have never seen one ball where there shouldn't be...

gifted cuttings from friends, yes, but not from these "femmed" beans...

the "original" bubba, the pre98 cut was absolutely, without question, hermie PROOF.
Though I cannot blame it specifically on the femminization procedure, the hermie characteristic did NOT come in the original genetics.
"Somewhere" it was introduced, or promoted.

hey man i'm not sayin' either or, but I understand that the fem process def could tip the odds slightly more in the hermaphroditing favor, I dunno...just never came across balls unless they were from friends questionable clones..:rolleyes:

I'm not saying either. All that I can testify to with personal experience, is the integrity of the original cut, which was first "selfed" to produce seeds of the "clone only" pheno, before it was femmed, I would believe.
Once seeds were made, that in itself, opens the door to anyone doing pretty much anything, to it.

Has Grandaddy Purple been femed? My understanding is that it is Clone only.

If it is clone only, then no, it hasn't been femmed. Femmed refers to the self-polination of a marijuana plant that results in seeds that are prone to going herm. After the seeds are born and put in storage to dry out for later use, those seeds need to be planted and the hermie gene bred out of it. This is my understanding of it, anyways.

GDP is/was a clone-only strain, as you mentioned. Meaning there is a mother plant that the cuttings are taken from. Having said this, I have seen some GDP seeds at a seedbank or two, but they are not the legit OG GDP.

yeah Ken's regular gdp seeds, available (or at leat was cpl daze ago) at the 'tude...

karlaa said:
you must be kidding me. karla

I laugh and I joke, I take a little smoke....but I do NOT kid about this matter ..:cool:

.......................................................:p

That sucks the green weenie.

Especially the messing up of the Satori seed run. All that time lost.

Never been a fan of femmed seeds (auto flowers too), and even less so now. Why mess with *sketchy* genetics with so much good material around?

Wet

Oh, I agree Wetdog. They were freebie seeds and the Bubba 76 just sounded so good--it is part of Emerald's regular stock. I really don't think I did anything to cause this. The fem Cheese right next to it did not hermie. I went ahead and germed the OG Kush, but I will check it every single day. If I had been more diligent I could have caught this one before he dropped pollen....was I wasn't and he did. :(

Latest posts

Back