hermie preflowers emit pollen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahomy

Reaction score
I thought only nanners, or a "sack" under a flower, emits pollen?
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=882299&postcount=12
There`s a picture a guy put of some preflowers, Rosebud called them,
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=882276&postcount=4
I poked one of these(3 times) the other day while trimming, and white dust sprayed out...i`m confused i didn`t know pollen came out of these things...
couldn`t find any nanners...
I also had some random seed in my bud...2 plants outta 7 got a few seeds.
After this, i poked at many of these things , but nothing came out...

Female plants can produce a nanner, as shown in the top picture Kaotik posted, great pic. they have pollen. Those nanners can be inside the bud and not visible till harvest. BUT those nanners, some are sterile and some are not can pollinate the other or its self in the grow.

In the second picture those are female preflowers. They can be pollinated and contain a seed if pollinated. But usually they are just pre flowers.
If you have white dust coming out of your plant we need to be concerned...

I am a lousy teacher, did that make any sense? I hope so. pollen is tiny..very hard to see with the naked eye, unless there is a tremendous amount like on trees. Good luck and let us know if we can help.

pollen is tiny..very hard to see with the naked eye, unless there is a tremendous amount like on trees
i had a male outside once, it grew a ton of nanners...when you touched them, tons of pollen erupted...you could definitely see it...

But usually they are just pre flowers.
If you have white dust coming out of your plant we need to be concerned...

was definitely white powder...i poked it twice with scissors and then grabbed my buddy and showed him, he saw it...then it was empty...couldn`t find any more...
anybody ever hear or see this or can confirm it happens?
Also, it was not powdery mildew.

Yes I have seen that, you touch it and the pollen falls out.

Latest posts

Back