Hermie question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akitaone1

Reaction score
Ok I had four females in the tent somehow one turned hermie on me and now all four ended up with seed. My question is I have another tent with 4 clones from that grow and 6 other plants from seed. Am igoing to end up with hermie plants again because of pollen from the original 4 being in the air. I'm not sure if this makes sense to you guys.. I just want to make sure this don't happen again. I guess I'm wondering if the pollen is still in the air somehow or a spec sitting on something is gona cause the same problem.

Possibly. Have you been in contact with the hermed plant and then went into the other tent. If not you are probably ok if the tents are far enough apart. Wash down the ten with the hermed plants in it real good. What caused them to herm in the first place....bad genetics, light exposure had a male when you thought it was a female....you need to figure that out so it doesn't happen again.

Possibly. Have you been in contact with the hermed plant and then went into the other tent. If not you are probably ok if the tents are far enough apart. Wash down the ten with the hermed plants in it real good. What caused them to herm in the first place....bad genetics, light exposure had a male when you thought it was a female....you need to figure that out so it doesn't happen again. I'm thinking another three weeks in veg. And they have been in their own tent but within 5feet of the other which has been empty now for two weeks.
If the other plants are only three and four weeks old, will it be a problem down the road when I flip them to flower.

I have not seen this to be a problem. Still young. However i have never been it this situation. I would watch everything close and wash down with peroxide.

Latest posts

Back