Hermie Seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no the link is good, but I had to play with it. History channel story of a race of Amazon women. Just HIE being funny:rolleyes:

Its fun to walk a winding road sometimes, we all still end up in the same place :)

:peace:

Hie...i smoke, dang man that went straight over my head.LOL. The amazon women were cool.

What if the only reason a plant hermies is because of a grower's mistake, such as allowing light leaks? Does that mean that the plant had bad genetics, and therefore the seeds should be tossed? I'm not talking about feminized seeds, but rather, any plant, any strain.

Alistair Young said:
What if the only reason a plant hermies is because of a grower's mistake, such as allowing light leaks? Does that mean that the plant had bad genetics, and therefore the seeds should be tossed? I'm not talking about feminized seeds, but rather, any plant, any strain.

"IMHO".. most certainly. If the plant hermies under light leak stress, it is not a suitable candidate for further procreation. Those seeds will likely, be even more prone to hermie because in essence, you have "selectively bred" FOR that characteristic/trait ...

I have another question if they say it is a survival trait, why do they not all do this?

I have forgotten about OD plants that have gone past maturity that did not have this survival trait.

IMO.. "again".. ;) .. it is called a 'survival trait' as a form of "lessening the negativity of poor, less desirable genetics" ..:)

pcduck said:
I have another question if they say it is a survival trait, why do they not all do this?

I have forgotten about OD plants that have gone past maturity that did not have this survival trait.

The funny thing is definitive answers don't exist, only speculation. However, there are some good theories. IMO, it takes more than just a dominant gene for all types of genetic expression. In my case, I did a bunch of purple strains and not one turned purple. I later regen'd a gorilla grape and added ice water as a flush the last 2 weeks, and it sure turned purple. In this case it took more than just a purple gene, it took the right environmental conditions as well. Its just a theory...now I'll be quiet.:hubba:

I would agree, "environment" is a crucial factor in allowing certain traits/characteristics to express themselves. "BUT".. I have a problem with inducing 'color' by lowering temperatures. "IMO", it is essentially inhibiting the utilization of nutrients, and is actually expressing a nutrient defficiency, in "most" cases.

Hick said:
I would agree, "environment" is a crucial factor in allowing certain traits/characteristics to express themselves. "BUT".. I have a problem with inducing 'color' by lowering temperatures. "IMO", it is essentially inhibiting the utilization of nutrients, and is actually expressing a nutrient defficiency, in "most" cases.

I concur;)

Latest posts

Back