Hermie Tracker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Hermie Tracker
When reporting a hermie please include the following information. Also put the strain name in the title of the post.
1. Strain name, breeder, and seed/clone supplier
2. Brief description of grow environment, and link to grow journal if applicable. Please include growing medium/nutrients and light schedule as well as temps.
3. Any known stresses that may have occurred. (light leaks, fert/PH issues, temps)
4. Veg time and when in flower the trait appeared.
5. Also supply 2 pictures. 1 of the nanners and one of the whole plant to show overall health.

If pictures are not submitted it will not be considered a true hermie trait in the strains. The post will be left up...but not considered factual until another shows same results.

This thread is for reports only, Keep reply's and questions on topic.

I order seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl/ 1 order Northern Lights and 2 was Purple Power.
Breeder of these seeds was Me I took a N.L. female and a young P.P. male and stuck him into the room with his Girl at the last month 1/2 to go..
Old grow room was 3x4x7h with a 400 watt HPS,

hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28552
hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35875

Soil was MG & Kellogg
Nute just tiger bloom in flower room
Temp 72-80 when lite are on and drop down to 6o or so,lites off
lite 18/6 to 12/12
400 watt Conversion bulb then 1000 watt HPS
Ph I try to keep it around 6.63
(Oscillating fan next to intake
exhaust is a squirrel cage) Has GOOD Suction
Height of plant is around 4 feet

Very Very little lite leak I found when it was to late.. That is one of the hardest thing to get rid of when One thinks he is SAFE. Eye does funny things when going into darkness..

2 pix is the other side of the little Ding Dong

1-27-10 001.jpg

Other side.JPG

Little Prick.JPG

Question If you have a light leak like FlyingHigh states, Do we call it a True Hermi? Should not we wait til another grower reports the same thing on the strain?

ozzydiodude said:
Question If you have a light leak like FlyingHigh states, Do we call it a True Hermi? Should not we wait til another grower reports the same thing on the strain?

I believe this one was a Hermie from the get in go from the veggie room and I been watching this for a while and couldn't get any good pix and there was No other lights on anywhere and that room is seal good with sillycone, and window completely covered, do to it on the side where the sun hits and I had a bright light to go around the doors and walls..

Now since she (IT) is in the flower room for what 12 days now doesn't mean it turned Hermie do to a small light leak under the 2x4 where I walk in and can't see it enless you get on your knee and place your head down there, But I could see going into the main room at night before I open the flower door and fixed it right away.

But if this isn't what yea all wanted then I remove it..?

If you were watching a suspected it was a hermi all along then yes It belongs on the list. But I wonder witch parent plant the hermi gene came from?

lf, not trying to offend you... but why would Joe blow even post up in this thread after a comment like this.

You say you won't take his submission seriously, so why will he take the time to make the contribution?

ozzydiodude said:
But I wonder witch parent plant the hermi gene came from?

(Parents Genes)
I know the Purple power was a true male because of all the sacks and NO buds anywhere.
Now the female it was a true female from what I can remember.!!

Now that this seed showing signs of Hermie then I will have more of these seeds be a Hermie plant as well.?
Maybe I do a outside grow of these seeds, to see if they turn Hermie on me outside.

Question is can a male carry a Hermie Gene.?????

I'm sorry I should have said"But I wonder witch parent plant STRAINthe hermi gene came from?

It is my understanding that the hermi trait is a natural acuring gene in all marijuana strain just that some strains have a stronger tendence to hermi than other

I sorry Mutt I have gotten the thread off course

1. Strain name, breeder, and seed/clone supplier
2. Brief description of grow environment, and link to grow journal if applicable. Please include growing medium/nutrients and light schedule as well as temps.
3. Any known stresses that may have occurred. (light leaks, fert/PH issues, temps)
4. Veg time and when in flower the trait appeared.
5. Also supply 2 pictures. 1 of the nanners and one of the whole plant to show overall health

This thread should be for strains that are available to everyone and not those we breed ourself. If no one cares I will copy all post and move to a "hermi tracker for self made or not available to all seeds" that way we will have a thread that has a limited what strain by what strain has a high hermi potentual

Well if want to open up a "Hermie self breeding" Thread then go for it, I am all for it.. If you want to move it then go for it..
Hermie for self breeding
Hermie from supplier
Sounds good to me to have 2 threads.....

OK everyone I have the "hermie tracker for selfmade or seeds not available to all" thread up . Mutt if you want any of us to delete are post in this thread just give the word
Have this:48: while you are thinking :peace:

sounds good to me. I think the "not available to all" is important info as well as some people don't go with seedbanks but some will be growing the same tester crosses.
Keeping them seperate works for me.
I'll let you guys decide on what you want deleted or not. knock on wood i have only gotten 1 hermie in the past 5 yrs.:)

Flyinghigh said:
(Parents Genes)
I know the Purple power was a true male because of all the sacks and NO buds anywhere.
Now the female it was a true female from what I can remember.!!

Now that this seed showing signs of Hermie then I will have more of these seeds be a Hermie plant as well.?
Maybe I do a outside grow of these seeds, to see if they turn Hermie on me outside.

Question is can a male carry a Hermie Gene.?????
"I know the Purple power was a true male because of all the sacks and NO buds anywhere.
Now the female it was a true female from what I can remember".. they weren't or you wouldn't be seeing hermies now...

"Now that this seed showing signs of Hermie then I will have more of these seeds be a Hermie plant as well.?"... every last one of 'em....

"Question is can a male carry a Hermie Gene."... of course it can...

Thanks Hick for your answers.!!
I Know Now that when starting from seeds one doesn't really know what they get when growing..

Well I am going to get some clones and be DONE with seeds for now.!!;)

Found 2 hermies today. Both are from Dinafem, first is the California Hash and then the Blue Hash. Only possible stress was the transplant at week 3. They where both vegged for 5.5 weeks and today at day 25 of 12/12 the hermies where discovered. They are both in the grow journal in my sig.

temps 74-77 days and 62-64 nights. Humidity 45%-65% depending on when last watered. Grown in soil. GH MaxiBloom with CalMag and molasses for feeding.

Pics are first the California hash plant and hermie then the blue hash and hermie...

calhash.JPG

calhashherm.JPG

bluehash.JPG

bluehashherm.JPG

If you made these seeds yourself it is kind of pointless to put them in a list as such, as your hermie could be more the fault of your breeding practices as opposed to the original breeder. And that is not a knock on you, it just does not help me in my trying to avoid hermies.

Flyinghigh said:
I order seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl/ 1 order Northern Lights and 2 was Purple Power.
Breeder of these seeds was Me I took a N.L. female and a young P.P. male and stuck him into the room with his Girl at the last month 1/2 to go..
Old grow room was 3x4x7h with a 400 watt HPS,

hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28552
hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35875

Soil was MG & Kellogg
Nute just tiger bloom in flower room
Temp 72-80 when lite are on and drop down to 6o or so,lites off
lite 18/6 to 12/12
400 watt Conversion bulb then 1000 watt HPS
Ph I try to keep it around 6.63
(Oscillating fan next to intake
exhaust is a squirrel cage) Has GOOD Suction
Height of plant is around 4 feet

Very Very little lite leak I found when it was to late.. That is one of the hardest thing to get rid of when One thinks he is SAFE. Eye does funny things when going into darkness..

2 pix is the other side of the little Ding Dong

1. Blue Hash from Dinafem Seeds via The Attitude Seedbank.

2. Sealed atmosphere (10x15 room with 4 vented 1000w in XXXL hoods), monitored temp (75F) and humidity (never over 50%-usually is around 50% immediately after watering). Happy Frog Soil medium with Earth Juice nuits. 12/12 schedule. Have been using this system for over a year and a half with great results on many different strains. Have never had a seed and her clones hermie before.

3. No stresses. Other plants are doing very well, short of potentially being pollinated by the Blue Hash hermies.

4. Vegged for about 3-4 weeks. Noticed 2 1/2 weeks into flowering that the flowers/hairs were not as hearty-looking as the other strains. Wimpy looking, started looking really suspect at 4 weeks.

I have being using Dinafem for years. Have grown Critical +, Blue Widow, Blue Fruit, Diesel, and White Widow without any issues whatsoever. I've always had 100% germination rate with Dinafem and have been very pleased with their genetics. The Blue Hash was a free seed that I received with an order from The Attitude Seedbank. I've been using feminized seeds for a few years with no issues. It is really unfortunate to have had this experience because I cloned off of the seeded Blue Hash and ended up having 7 clones which ultimately had to be killed because they all hermied. I can't risk having any male pollen floating about. I'm really hoping that any pollination/seeds that may have occured in my other strains is sparse.
As far as I can see, The Attitude doesn't have a dedicated place to report hermied feminized seeds.
I would definitely suggest to monitor all freebie seeds carefully. After all, there are reasons they are free. And I for one, would rather not get a free seed if it comes from unstable genetics.

:mad:

bluehashhermie1.jpg

bluehashhermie2.jpg

any feminized seed is genetically more prone to go hermie with less stress then it would take for a non feminized seed.

Dont take a chance and pollinate your other girls.

docfishwrinkle said:
KR the only thing I'm familiar with subs gear is herms on 3 of 4 strains. 2 were in clone form so there's some questionibility onthat and they were vortex & jtr. The other 2 plants were seed & were in his mix pack which I'm guessing they're two diff strains. All appeared wk 6-7 of bloom. But this round I'm loaded w/ seed so I guess it was a lil earlier.
Ok so I'm not real familiar w/ his gear as I've just run a few strains 1 run each. 2 were clone & were jtr & vortex. They popped @ 6-7 wks bloom. Other 2 strains are from a mix pack of his & they're loaded w/ seed so they were little earlier this time.

Latest posts

Back