Hey everyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growby22

Reaction score
Hey guys Growby here, hope this post finds everyone doing well. I’m obviously new here and actually pretty new to using and growing as well. I was a professional pothead when I was younger, I fact I think that may have been my first job but that was more years ago than I care to admit. Back then I didn’t appreciate this awesome plant like I do now and my purposes for using it were recreational only. Now Im interested almost exclusively in the medicinal side of the cannabis craze and want to grow medicine for terrible insomnia and occasional anxiety as well as nerve damaged shoulders that cause me a good bit of pain.

I’ve been reading the posts on mp for a while and really appreciate the knowledge base that’s here and I ran into a few problems with my first grow so I figured I ask a couple questions. Thanks in advance for any input y’all might have.

So the first plant I tried was a sugar auto from GOM. It sprouted and grew quite rapidly for a few days in a mix of Kellogg’s organic potting mix with about 30 percent perlite. Fox farms wasn’t available and the selection at my local Lowe’s was crap and that’s what I could find. It seemed ok from what I could tell. Anyways everything was going good until I gave it a mild molasses solution. I think I may have over watered as well. The thing dang near croaked and I lost pretty much all for it and decided I’d just chunk it outside in a planter with some of my other herbs. I have no idea what soil is in the planter but the thing started growing like crazy. All I’ve given it is some fish emulsion that is 5-1-1. Nothing else hit water. It’s growing like an inch a day now. My question is how long will it beg before it tries producing buds? It’s like six weeks old already. Sorry I don’t have pics. Any thoughts? And did the molasses mess things up? Thanks again.

When the daylight shortens after the summer solstice, it will slowly start to bud. In my neck of the woods i don't see real flowers until August. Glad it likes the soil.

Welcome to MP, we are glad you found us. Let us know if we can help.

I looked it up on seedman, it’s an auto and it should flower for about 70 days according to the seedman website. Autos have their own schedule and don’t rely on light deprivation to flower. So about 10 weeks +- it should finish. You should start seeing flowers forming in a couple months or so...

Hey thank you. That’s kind of what I was worried about. So it’ll start flowering pretty soon and not have too much more chance to grow. I think it sprouted the first week of April so it’s a good ways into its life cycle if it finishes that soon. I’m surprised it’s alive at all so if it produces one bud at this point I won’t complain.

Oh sorry about all the typos in my original post. Geez

Latest posts

Back