Hey from the UK!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparda

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I hope that you're all doing well! I've been reading through a few things on this forum and it seems to have plenty of good information and tips so I figured I would make an account and say hey!

I'm a newbie grower, just started my first attempt just a little over a week ago and it all seems to be going well! Just two short days after germination I was graced with a very plesent sight of a new baby breaking soil and growing leaves (picture below) it's now been just over a week like I said and I have taken it out of the humidity dome and waiting for it to get plenty of roots before transplanting it into the main pot under the main lighting system.

I started off by doing two seeds, however one of them didn't make it :( it germinated but after I planted it in the humidity dome it started to grow out of the soil but curled over and didnt break out of the shell.

Hoping that I will be able to turn this one into a mother plant once it reaches maturity and go from there!

(about the picture, I know I shouldn't have used a white plastic cup since it allows some light to get through but after I did it, I didn't want to disturb the roots by placing it in another container! We learn from our mistakes, but at least it hasn't died!)

So once again hello from the UK, hope to speak to some of you more in the not too distant future!

-Sparda

Untitled-1.jpg

:welcome: mind telling us a little more about your set up? how big a grow space, lights, nutrients? Good luck mate :D

I would get a few more seeds going. You are not going to be able to make that into a mom if it is not female. Where did you get your seeds?

MosesPMG said:
:welcome: mind telling us a little more about your set up? how big a grow space, lights, nutrients? Good luck mate :D

Heya! Sure thing.

600w HPS lighting with carbon filter connected to the outtake fan which goes directly out of the house, also have an intake fan which again comes directly from outside of the house (can't see that one in the picture though) as for dimentions I'm not exactly sure but theres enough room for 10 plants all together under the light.

A little shelf at the side but in that same room built with just a 50w light above it for the babies/cloans to grow.

That room is just the babies/vegative/mother room, outside of that room I have an actual grow tent which is where the flowering will take place on the 12-12 light cycle when they are ready.

I'm growing in a soiless mix which is mixed with vermiculite and other things.

As for the nutrients, I honestly can't remember which ones we bought haha (theres 3 of us doing it and it's not at my house so I can't go look)

Hope that explains things a little better =) what do you think of the setup, any good?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would get a few more seeds going. You are not going to be able to make that into a mom if it is not female. Where did you get your seeds?

It was a feminized but not auto flowering seed, so it better be lol. There is a store here where I live which sells all of the different seeds. As we are new to this, we didn't buy a crazy expencive strain incase we just ended up killing them all and wasting our money so we opted for a mid price strain so that we can practice.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Everything looks pretty good mate, the only thing I can say is make sure your "partners" are in for the long haul, no matter what. Ive seen alot of friendships go bad because a "partner" backed out, ruined everything or got caught. Good luck mate

MosesPMG said:
Everything looks pretty good mate, the only thing I can say is make sure your "partners" are in for the long haul, no matter what. Ive seen alot of friendships go bad because a "partner" backed out, ruined everything or got caught. Good luck mate

Thanks!

Yeah I know what you're saying but we're a close and tight group of people who trust eachother fully. So hopefully that doesn't happen here lol!

wellcome sparda im not far[scotland] hope to see you about

Welcome Sparda, have fun with the grow. GREEN MOJO!!!

Great to have you here buddy, and happy growing and be safe :)

Thank you all for the nice welcome!

I talked with one of my friends last night and we decided that we're going to just go ahead and germinate the rest of the seeds we bought. That way we can select the best looking one to be the mommie and allow the others to bud so we can try it while the cloans are still growing from mommie.

As stages progress I'll be taking pictures and I'll make a thread for our first grow :D

Happy and safe growing to you all! :ccc:

sparda... just a suggestion on your "mom" selection..;)
Since so very little can actually be determined from veg' growth, about how the final product will result. "I..." would take cuts from ALL of the seeds, label each, flower out the seed plants, and THEN choose your keeper/donor/mother after testing the final product. ;)

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Hick said:
sparda... just a suggestion on your "mom" selection..;)
Since so very little can actually be determined from veg' growth, about how the final product will result. "I..." would take cuts from ALL of the seeds, label each, flower out the seed plants, and THEN choose your keeper/donor/mother after testing the final product. ;)

That is actually quite a good idea, so lable the pot such as "1" "2" ect take a cutting from each of those once they are mature enough, then allow them to flower and bud while the cuttings grow in matching numbered containers. Try out the ones we let grow and then use a cutting as the mother plant of the best one we allowed to grow. If I understood what you said correctly, sounds like quite a good plan!

Thank you :)

Sparda ... Welcome .... I think that you DO NOT need the dome for seedlings ... Just for clones ... Good luck with that mate and be carefull.

hello,everyone ,I am damjy,it is my first post in this forum,I think it is necessary to make a short introduction,Don't you think so?I am a new member and I join in you just now,I am so glad to be here.Have a good time .

Latest posts

Back