Hey guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walik27

Reaction score
Hey guys my plant has been growing and now I can smell the bud after I touch the plant but the bud hasnt started growing on the plant yet is that a normal thing?

Walik I moved your post to the right section. You had it posted in the What are you listening to thread.

Hey guys my plant has been growing and now I can smell the bud after I touch the plant but the bud hasnt started growing on the plant yet is that a normal thing?

Are you in flower now? If so how long?

Yes it is quite normal. When I pinch my plants for super cropping my fingers smell like Dank bud but the plants are usually still in veg. ♫♫♫♫

That plant is 5 weeks old?? It looks awfully small. The main stem is very thin.
Were these clones or from seed?
Can you run down your grow set up for us?

How big is your grow area?
How many lumens and what kind of light are you using?
Nutrients?

There from seed nyd. I just have like a small setup in the corner of my closest. There s a vent at the bottom of the wall. I have a small fan blowing on low. I have a small lamp hanging above the plant. I forget what kind of bulb it is. It's a triangler shape, kinda like the bulbs you have hanging out side over the door. I have liquid miracle grow plant food that I feed it once a week.

You are obviously under lit....you might want to read through as much of this as you can. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

There are some basic requirements that have to be met for you to have a successful grow.
The plant doesn't look to have ph issues so hat's off for that. It just seems really small and weak stemmed for a plant that age. I would suspect from not enough light. You need to get a min of 3000 lumens per square foot of grow space in veg and 5000 for flower. Those are the least you want. Once you flip that plant you will need to provide way more light, a total dark period of 12 hours, uninterrupted. A corner of a closet won't cut it.

Can u give some types of bulbs to get with that many lumes

Can u give some types of bulbs to get with that many lumes

How big a space do you have to dedicate to this grow? The size determines how many lumens you need.

Some Bulb types for growing are HID lighting (HPS and MH)
HO T5's (Usually for veg)
CFL's (Veg or Flower but they are the least cost effective and produce the most heat)

You are not alone in thinking all you need is a light and some mg potting soil. Unfortunately it isn't that simple. At this rate you will maybe get enough pot for two joints maybe. You need to do a lot of reading to understand what this plant needs. Starts with good soil, air, light and a wet/dry period, and a dark/light time, and more...
T5 lights are a good light for vegging, which is what you are trying to do now.
Good luck.

You water your soil so that it is completely wet throughout then wait several days for the soil to mostly dry out. This drying which usually occurs predominantly from the top will draw air down into the soil as the water recedes to the bottom of the pots. This brings needed oxygen to the roots. This is a cycle where you water it, allow it to dry, then water it again and allow it to dry again. If you don't allow the proper drying so that oxygen can get to the roots, they will drown and the plants will die.

Latest posts

Back