Hey, new member + first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalrex

Reaction score
Hello,

Thought I would get some feedback on my first grow as it is now in the 4th week. So what does everyone think?

seed.jpg

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

small4.jpg

Yo Ho metalrex,

Welcome to the site friend. Lots of great reading here, and some of the hottest growers around, and all at your fingertips as information is right handy.
We also invite you to share what you might learn, and what you might already know.
Please do peruse the site rules, you will find them few and easy to abide with. Chill, find a good comfy chair and start exploring. I rather imagine that your soon to follow pics will alter a great deal. Three gallon containers to start. A good mix of soil, (maybe some fox/farm ocean).
Lighting will be a big concern unless you are outdoors. Indoors you will possibly need a good charcoal filter for holding down the potential odors. Tell us what you got there, and your plans for raising those babies. Maybe we can impart some good advice for you so that you can maximize what you wish to get from those ladies.

In the meantime sit back, chill, grab something refreshing to drink, and Oh-Yeah,

Here hold this---->:48:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool2:

Well to tell you the truth, I have no idea what I have here, just pulled some seeds from a friends sack and decided to give it a go :D

I dont need to worry bout odors since I live in a party house just a few blocks from the local university :D

So far just been growing in my closet with a 100 watt equivalent CFL, 6500K.

I was going to switch to a 2700K CFL to start flowering once it gets bigger, also been doing about 12/12 cycle, sometimes longer..

Its been fun though! Glad to have some pros around to give me advice :D

metalrex said:
Hello,

Thought I would get some feedback on my first grow as it is now in the 4th week. So what does everyone think?

Tell us your strain, Your plan!! Thats my think!! I need more info. welcome aboard,

Wilkommen sie! Welcome to MP, mayhaps you'll think about a higher wattage bloom light. Typically I go 1 plant per 100watts, but that's just me.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:p

7greeneyes said:
Wilkommen sie! Welcome to MP, mayhaps you'll think about a higher wattage bloom light. Typically I go 1 plant per 100watts, but that's just me.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:p

Danke, I just have the 1 plant.. I have a good feeling bout it though :) Also, I have been fertilizing it with about a 15:1 water:urine :cool: haha

I looked it up and the urea in urine is a carrier for nitrogen and a good complement to the vegetative stage of the plant. Its been growing fast, I think I will need a bigger potter soon.

metalrex said:
Danke, I just have the 1 plant.. I have a good feeling bout it though :) Also, I have been fertilizing it with about a 15:1 water:urine :cool: haha

I looked it up and the urea in urine is a carrier for nitrogen and a good complement to the vegetative stage of the plant. Its been growing fast, I think I will need a bigger potter soon.

Please quit doing that. It is not good for your plant and can invite disease and pests. Urea and urine are two different things.

Your plant is looking fine, but this is the easy part. From here on out you are going to need more if you want any kind of harvest, more light, more ventilation, more nutrients, and a light tight space sized to the light you are going to use. It is also a good idea to plant more than 1 seed. If this turns out to be male, all is for naught. When growing bagseed, keep a good eye open for hermies.

You are going to need substantially more light. Equivalent wattage is immaterial when we are talking about growing and ultimately it is about the lumens and spectrum. You are going to want a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. Keep in mind that, lumen for lumen, CFLs are the most expensive of all the lights we use for growing to operate. They also run hotter and produce less bud, sometimes substantially less bud.

I also do not understand this : "I was going to switch to a 2700K CFL to start flowering once it gets bigger, also been doing about 12/12 cycle, sometimes longer.."

Welcome to MP.....looks like you hve a lot of reading to do and some stuff to purchase.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Please quit doing that. It is not good for your plant and can invite disease and pests. Urea and urine are two different things.

Your plant is looking fine, but this is the easy part. From here on out you are going to need more if you want any kind of harvest, more light, more ventilation, more nutrients, and a light tight space sized to the light you are going to use. It is also a good idea to plant more than 1 seed. If this turns out to be male, all is for naught. When growing bagseed, keep a good eye open for hermies.

You are going to need substantially more light. Equivalent wattage is immaterial when we are talking about growing and ultimately it is about the lumens and spectrum. You are going to want a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. Keep in mind that, lumen for lumen, CFLs are the most expensive of all the lights we use for growing to operate. They also run hotter and produce less bud, sometimes substantially less bud.

I also do not understand this : "I was going to switch to a 2700K CFL to start flowering once it gets bigger, also been doing about 12/12 cycle, sometimes longer.."

5000 lumens eh, yeah I could probably add another light for flowering, probably another 6500K soon too cause its starting to get alot bigger.

As far as these CFL lights running hot.. no, they are cool to the touch actually, well a little warm but not even close to hot at all. I have $0 budget so any other fancy lights are out of the question.

And I think I will continue using my urine mix, since I dont have a urinary tract infection its safe to assume that what comes out is sterile. Although I do agree that urine is the perfect medium in which bacteria can grow, the same is true for dirt at room temperature. I found urine to be a great alternative to traditional fertilizer, and its free. Keep in mind its just about 2 tablespoons to 1 16oz water bottle.

hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine#Agriculture

Thanks for the reply, man I love talking about this stuff :D

metalrex said:
5000 lumens eh, yeah I could probably add another light for flowering, probably another 6500K soon too cause its starting to get alot bigger.

As far as these CFL lights running hot.. no, they are cool to the touch actually, well a little warm but not even close to hot at all. I have $0 budget so any other fancy lights are out of the question.

And I think I will continue using my urine mix, since I dont have a urinary tract infection its safe to assume that what comes out is sterile. Although I do agree that urine is the perfect medium in which bacteria can grow, the same is true for dirt at room temperature. I found urine to be a great alternative to traditional fertilizer, and its free. Keep in mind its just about 2 tablespoons to 1 16oz water bottle.

thanks for the reply, man I love talking about this stuff :D

:holysheep: This should be quite the SHOW.... Where's Tex when you need a popcorn smilie????

ps: you gotta remove the live link... change http to hxxp to make it not live...

Okay then...I will hve to pull a chair up and watch what is sure to be a train wreck if you really hve 0 dollars for a budget. JAAM is right.....where is Texas Monster and the popcorn smiley? Lol

Hamster Lewis said:
Okay then...I will hve to pull a chair up and watch what is sure to be a train wreck if you really hve 0 dollars for a budget. JAAM is right.....where is Texas Monster and the popcorn smiley? Lol

hehe, haters.. $0 budget just means using a formula of creativity and improvisation to reach my end goal. I know that this grow will yield nowhere near what is possible with the right equipment and setup... but if at the end of this experiment I have a decent smokable yield to show for, even just a small baggies worth I will be proud to show it :)

Not hating brosef.....I hve just been doing this for a cpl years now and know that you hve to at least hve money for lights, food and ventilation.
If growing your plant under a cfl or two and peeing in the pot floats your boat then unzip and pee away.

Hamster Lewis said:
Not hating brosef.....I hve just been doing this for a cpl years now and know that you hve to at least hve money for lights, food and ventilation.
If growing your plant under a cfl or two and peeing in the pot floats your boat then unzip and pee away.

^^ close minded much? GTG to class right now, I will be back to refute your next bitchy post ;)

yeah you will do well here, no one has said anything wrong to you, but its not what you want to hear so you get defensive, nothing new we see it once in awhile.

here maybe this will help.

Urine is great for your plants, you dont need anymore lights, you got it all down pat so off you go, 3 and a half months growing for a small sack, awesome.

Look at your original post, becareful asking people what they think, they might just tell you. have fun at class.

I am fairly new here but while the people here are opinionated (well deserved) and more then willing to share that information, they are not closed minded.

metalrex said:
^^ close minded much? GTG to class right now, I will be back to refute your next bitchy post ;)

I am confused asshat....didn't you ask what we think in your very first post? Dman is right...go grow your plant then. You don't want to know what we think you want to hear what you want. Yeah you will do well here....:p

Like I said...unzip and keep on peeing. It will work out well for you.

By the way...tools like you hangout at the tool shed aka Rollitup. Way more your speed ponch.

Latest posts

Back