Hey there forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Light

Reaction score
I used to work for Sunmaster Grow Lamps in their outside sales rep position, I recently moved on and had to leave the job. None the less I'm learning how to grow on my own.

Even though I'm well versed in lighting, I know that's only a portion of actually growing. So I can help others with lighting questions, and I'll be seeking help on all other matters :)

Thank you,

:ciao: welcome to the passion!!!! Lots of good reads in the stickies.

:bong: :48:

Thanx again! I've been reading a lot :)

welcome aboard light---any experience/info on the led craze---whats ur method of grow---medium/nute line etc...

Just getting into growing not sure on which way is the easiest to start so I'm currently experimenting with a few buddies and getting their knowledge first, and of course on forums most the day. Have some know how on LED, Plasma, etc. Most my lighting knowledge is based around HID lamps and ballasts. Which under the HID umbrella that's a hell of a lot to keep track of. ":)

Just getting into growing not sure on which way is the easiest to start so I'm currently experimenting with a few buddies and getting their knowledge first, and of course on forums most the day. Have some know how on LED, Plasma, etc. Most my lighting knowledge is based around HID lamps and ballasts. Which under the HID umbrella that's a hell of a lot to keep track of. ":)

nothing is easy when u 1st start---its great u got sum buddies to help figure stuff out---you'll find peeps banging out every possibile type of grow here when u decide where u settle---im in organic soil---working my why into vegan organic coco one day

seems ur know how on hid's should be helpful in knowing footprint, penetration, and proper spectrums of led's---no comprende why nobody has nailed this down yet---any idea why

Biggest issue with LED lighting in general is it's extremely directional (that's why every LED fixture has them lined in a grid format or in odd reflectors to try and break up the light dispersion). The other issue is the driver's illuminating the LED tend to run hot and burn out faster than the diode itself thus making the fixture cost an arm and a leg. I love how they post 100,000 life hours! When the driver usually will blow around 40,000 hours when the driver go's the fixture need replaced no matter how much life is life in the diode.

The funny thing I noticed is, people get in their head I want an LED light cause I want to save money on my electric bill. While lowering the wattage will save you some money on the fixture, the loss on heat from the HID lights need to be replaced. With growers in colder regions like Ohio (where I'm from) people throw a space heater in the room thus completely screwing up the energy savings on their bill.

typical marketing crap---the drivers blow out before the diode---my interest is beating the heat but i do not want to sacrifice growth for it

directional is what i meant when saying footprint---why they dont have the reflection spread makes no sense to me

would u consider led's in ur new set up

oh---and penetration---if they can make a led flashlight shine a mile distance---why is the penetration thru the canopy another issue

Ha you got me there on the marketing line with the diodes, being an HID guy when I worked with Sunmaster that's all I heard. I would consider LED because I'm a techy guy I love working with new technology. My buddies grow with Sunmaster lamps...(I wonder who hooked them up with free samples before he or she left the company) lol.

Latest posts

Back