Hey there

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220617_200413.jpg

I want finish this grow with these. My next one will be different (with these and a different setup) story for another time. I can look it up but if any of y'all are bored and want to give me the 101 for dummies on how much of each per gallon of water for 8 gallons of soil during flower for the setup down there 👇 I'll be your bff lol

It's gonna be weird to me for the rest of this grow. It's kindly hydro and soil at the same time. I have to water in a hydro way sort of but in a soil medium. If the soil stays constantly moist with no dry cycle, and the plant has drinking roots filling up most of a res and feeder roots packing the planter can I adjust the frequency/amount of nutrients vs plain water from the schedule to avoid having to flush because it would be a serious chore. I'd have to keep the roots from getting pinched under the net pot while holding a moist 8 gallons of plant and soil while trying to fan the roots back out myself after flushing lol. Or is avoiding the need to flush with these nutrients impossible and I gotta figure out how to do it? I thought about shimming the planter so the wick was above the water line but then the soil would dry out and that sounds no bueno for the feeders.

Yep. Getting worse. Feeding by feed schedule and adding 3ml calimagic in 6.7 pH tap water and it's still spreading. My conclusion is that my dirt sux and this plant is gonna have to struggle the rest of it's short life. I forget who said it but I'm leaning towards soil is for outside and hydro is for inside. Never done hydro but almost every single plant I've grown has had this same exact problem no matter what soil I use. It almost has to be a pH problem??? Or maybe I just can't grow sht 😂😂 😢

Without all the experienced advice already posted, I would have said it's probably a potassium deficiency caused by too much phosphorous. Nitrogen deficiency doesn't affect new leaves like that. I had a blueberry strain that looked a lot like that almost from day one. New growth stopped turning yellow when I stopped feeding it as much.

What seems weird to me is they advertise that the GH nutes are "25% weaker" than theirs, but the NPK listed on the bottles would argue otherwise.

Hope you figure it out. I still want to copy your bottom feeding setup, but not until you get it perfected : )

Everything everyone has said seems right to me and I thank you. I thought potassium and magnesium at first. Didn't really think calcium because the tap water. That's what makes me think pH but what gets me is how well it grew in veg and my tap water is 7.1 which (in my mind) should be ok in a peat base soil. My rain water tests at 7.1 also and the nature around me likes it lol Does it make sense that my lack of proactivity caused this? What I mean is that this plant has a huge root mass so it most likely depleted whatever the soil had to offer (8 gallon planter) But if I had done it right and top dressed and boosted the microbes with teas n such the whole time as I've read successful folks do the problems wouldn't be there. I've been chewing on this and that seems like the most likely cause to me.

If the soil stays constantly moist with no dry cycle
This plant may need that wet/dry cycle. Most do but it sounds like this method has worked for you in the past(I have not heard of SIP). Some people can’t eat peanuts so this plant may be similar to someone with a peanut allergy. If the roots or some of the roots are rotting, you would get nutrient deficiency. Also, soil companies are cheaping out and changing their recipes. I have seen quite a few posts of people who have used to same soil for many grows finding the new bags of soil are not like they used to be.

Going on 10 weeks. It was rough for a bit there, but thanks to you fine people... I'm going to have a good harvest. Love. Still a ways to go, but here she is in all her camouflage glory 😂😂
20220710_183751.jpg
20220710_183741.jpg

I've only ever grown two plants without topping and LSTing. One was a photo, and the other was this auto here.

When I ordered the auto seeds, I expected a runt looking plant with maybe a half O of dried medicine.

This lil bicht grew no less in height (a full 38 inches) and more in fullness that her counterpart. Last weekend, I had to run supports because two branches toppled, and the others were on the brink. My mind is blown at how this plant grew and the weight of the buds.

I like to take something away from each grow for future knowledge. This lesson isn't so clear this time tho...

1. If I had covered my medium, my deficiencies could have been avoided.

Or

2. If I had started feeding once the water roots had started drinking faster than the wick could absorb, my deficiencies could have been avoided.

I'll figure out that riddle in the future. Right now, I'm happy with the outcome of my first auto grow.

Wow it’s really good to see your auto grow so big with nice buds. I’m getting ready to start some autos here in a week or two. This gives me hope that I can too make some beautiful plants like yours. 💕

Latest posts

Back