Hey.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here, so don't be too harsh on me now lol.

I'm currently trying to grow some cannabis. I got the place where to grow it, which is in my closet. The temperature seems to be ok. The light I'm currently using is flourescent light bulbs that are 100watt or somertthing around there. The current pot I have is something like this:
myplant6cj.jpg

I placed 5 seeds in it after germinating, and I used 2 4pound soil bags freshly bought from K-mart <3.

Now, I have a couple of questions. How much water do you think I need to use if I have a pot that big with 5 seeds? And how much do I need to water it a day. It's been 3days and I have nothing, maybe I'm just impatient but people have seen some progess in 2days so I'm a little worried. Btw I have 18hours of lightt a day, so please correct me if I'm doing anything wrong.

There are a few hard rules in mj cultivation--one plant per container is one of them.

-No light is needed until the seedling breaks the surface.

What you need to do amigo is to stop and read a grow book. Get some 6" planters and start over again, or try to transplant the seedlings into those size containers.

There's a lot more to growing pot--especially indoors--than just dropping some seeds in dirt.

So your saying I can't play 5 plants in that container? Gimme a break I'm asking for help not a arguement.

First things first, you're gonna need a lot more light. That light might keep it alive but will not make 5 plants do much of anything. You need ventilation, even if heat is not a problem you still need to move air.
The container is not nearly big enough, especially to have 5 plants in it. Water as needed, once it dries out pretty well, give it some. The seeds will come up, just give it some time. 18 hours is fine. I'm not trying to rain in your parade here but what this set-up isn't going to do much of anything for you.

My post took forever to come up, weird.

We're not saying you can't put them in the same container, we're saying you shouldn't.
We are telling you what you need to make this happen, not arguing.

So whats the average ammount of plants I should get going in that size pot? And is there anything else you think I'm doing wrong?

It's not deep enough to go the whole cycle in anyway, room for rooting equals healthier, beefier plants. One plant per pot.

:S I'll see what happens, but other than that is everything ok?

Not enough light, need to bring in fresh air.

Oh btw, why is it bad for it to have a lot of plants in 1 pot? It's a long wide pot so I don't see whats wrong with it...

Eric said:
Oh btw, why is it bad for it to have a lot of plants in 1 pot? It's a long wide pot so I don't see whats wrong with it...

1. If 1 is a male plant and the other is a female then you won't be able to remove the male. If you do. the left over roots will rot and harm the female plant.
2. It might be a large pot. During flower. My plant is in a 5 gallon bucket. The root ball gets large. So two plants may cause rootbound in one pot.

Just good practice to have 1 per pot.

Eric said:

I'll give you this freebie but if you don't read a grow book you're not serious about growing pot, you're just some guy with a closet and a light.

How often have you seen more than 1 plant--of any type--per container. The only instance I can think of is floral displays, and a few herbs.
When you plant more than one plant per sontainer, the plants fight each other for root space, water, nutrients and light. Plus, if one of the plants is male you'll have to get rid of it. You can't pull it up because it's roots are intertwined with the roots of the other plants. So you have to cut it off at soil level and this means the roots--still intertwined--will rot. Not good for the other plants.
Having them in seperate containers makes it easy if one of the plants is male--simply remove it to give add'l space to your growing girls.
And occasionally a plant will die. You don't want a dead plant in the same container as healthy living plants do you?

If you aren't motivated enough to read up on growing and educating yourself, if you aren't motivated enough to do some work with a saw to provide ventilation, aquire more light, and most importantly listen to advice from experienced growers, save yourself time $$$ and effort and quit now.

Know what dealers call people who won't read?
Customers.

So just the light and containers is all I need? How many seeds would you put in that kind of pot? What if I used partitions?

Oh and btw, how much pots and seeds per pot do I need if I still used my 100W light?

Hello Eric,
After reading this thread, I see that you still haven't read a GROW GUIDE.

The questions you've asked are all basic, beginner type questions that are perfectly fine and ALL answered in any GROW GUIDE. There is a fine GROW GUIDE right here in this group.

Currently, you're typing a question, waiting for an answer and then someone else is having to type the same exact information you could have just read for yourself in the grow GROW GUIDE.

You'll save lots of time if you just read this: GROW GUIDE

Then, after reading the GROW GUIDE and using your head to figure out why some of the things need to be that way, come back and ask for clarification on the things you don't understand.

Like Ganja said to you, growing MJ successfully is much more difficult than growing tomatoes. Many, many variables are involved that you HAVE to know BEFORE growing pot.

If you can read the answers to your posts, you can read the GROW GUIDE.

Please do. It'll save us all a lot of time. The growers that hang out here are some of the best in the world. There is nothing you can ask that at least one of them can't answer, but it really slows things down when an advanced grower has to tell you the simple things you can learn by reading a GROW GUIDE. Please try to understand that we just don't want to have to repeat the same thing over and over to each new person.

Nothing personal man, but READ THE GROW GUIDE.

Thanks man!

Definately take the time to do some research before you just ask questions. I understamd that no book will answer all your questions, and many will raise new questions. I have fully read 3 books 4 times and still had to come here to get some questions answered. A lot of the answers were in stickys at hte top of the pages and in topics that i found by doing a search. I only ask a question after I have searched the forum. If not then the forum is just a bunch of the same questions and answers. Nobody here minds answering questions, but we also dont want to answer them a million times.

I did read a lot of guides about them, and then I'm asking questions, not asking the same ones so I don't see whats the problem, if your not willing to help, then you shouldn't come to my topic.

on top of light and containers, how is your ventilation? Do your plants get fresh air

Eric said:
I did read a lot of guides about them, and then I'm asking questions, not asking the same ones so I don't see whats the problem, if your not willing to help, then you shouldn't come to my topic.
You've got it man. Later.

If you're not willing to do the things to make this work you shouldn't start a topic.

Latest posts

Back