Hi all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Plantz

Reaction score
Hi my name is Travis Q. I live in upstate NY. I am the owner of Happy Plantz and was out browsing the net and stumbled onto this forum. I figured I would at least stop by say hi and see if I can offer any advice or better yet learn something new. I have 2 tents at the moment looking to add more (aren't we all) but the veg tent is roughly 15 x 8 its full of stuff so I'm lucky to get 10 x 5 out of it but it runs my setup very well. My second tent is roughly 4 x 4. I have 2 600w pulling 128w in the veg tent and a pt4000 pulling a little over 400w in the 4x4. If anyone is in the market for a new light and is on a budget for 189 on amazon (no I'm not trying to sell you one I have tried to partner with them but was turned down haha) this light is not letting me down. I hand water daily. I am finishing up with the fox farm trio liquid not sure if I'm going back to it or not. I see results but only in flower. I seem to have excess nitrogen feeding during veg, but have also learned to allow the plant to tell me what it wants. So I feed less of the big grow. I had to change my light cycle early on to run 10pm lights on to 10am lights off in the one and 4pm off in the other to try and keep myself out during the day.(I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a close eye on their girls) I have a few things I'm testing out I like to test them. I cut a top of a plant off a couple days ago maybe the top idk 8 inches to a foot stripped the leaves and put in a root cube to try and re grow it. Trying to get one to grow all the way around a pot but they seem to make it half way and stop every time. Well enough rambling Nice to meet you all look forward to learning with you all. These are just over 3 weeks in flower. Unknown Strains were just some bag seeds.

Attachments

• bud 1.jpg
    bud 1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 9
  • bud 2.jpg
    bud 2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 8
  • bud 3.jpg
    bud 3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 7
  • bud 4.jpg
    bud 4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220408-215813.jpg
    Screenshot_20220408-215813.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 10
  • test logo.png
    test logo.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome to the Passion my friend. Do me a favor and make sure there is no advertising for your shop unless you become a sponsor. Another words no links and such. We would love to have you as a sponsor if that's what your looking for is to advertise. If not, awesome. You and your grow are more then welcome and we hope you hang around.
Question,,as the owner of a Plant Shop why are you growing bagseed? Just curious.

Yes I have looked into the adds and the bag seeds were my beginning. Moms are being flipped now. The first round was a single clone off mom number 1. It started to herm a little after week 5 and I tossed it and the other 24 clones I had ready to go in to start my process in the garbage. Now I have moved on to the last female out of the 3 seeds I started number 3 was male. So now I have 10 clones from number 2 going that are 2 weeks ahead of both moms. I have since purchased seeds and restarted but figured I could use some free smoke over the summer even if it has a few seeds in it while I wait for these to mature. By the time I pull them out these will be ready. (Old School Shoulder 91 and krucible). Now onto the store. Well through my journeys (maybe in the near future ill copy and past the about me section in here and you will have a better understanding but for the short version) in this process I have gained a sense of serenity that I have been missing for a period of time and i jumped in with both feet. Getting the DBA 3/10/22 securing my first 2 wholesale accounts and going online 3/30/22.
Since then its been like a fire.

*no i do not stock old school soulder lol those are my personal i cut out the other stuff haha

Attachments

• old school.png
    old school.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 6
Off my site a little more back ground for ya

I’m 39 years old and live in Queensbury NY. I grew up in Croghan, NY home of Croghan bologna. I have been in Queensbury since Jan 2013. I am currently a stay at home dad. I have 4 kids, 3 which are biologically mine and 1 foster child who we are starting the adoption process for on May 18th. I have been separated from my wife for a little over a year now. My past choices have shaped my future and I’m trying hard to provide for my kids.

I started out smoking Marijuana as a teen. Shortly out of high school I was pulled over with a friend in the vehicle who when questioned told the cops we had smoked a bowl in the vehicle. I was charged with a Driving While Ability Impaired, possession, and sales. Because of this life changing event I was put on probation. From there I switched to drinking alcohol because i was being tested weekly. The next 10 years of my life were a disaster. 4 DUI's, 3 rehabs, 2 halfway houses, 2 drug court programs. Finally on Jan 14th I could say I have 9 years of sobriety from alcohol and that only my oldest has saw me drink.

Due to my past I am banned for life from driving making getting to employment tough. I have been claiming unemployment since October 2021 and have yet to receive a payment. Having 4 kids being a single dad and trying to manage their lives and mine not being able to drive, is one very stressful and two costly. I decided in Jan to attend Erie Community College for Computer Networking and Support which I chose to try and benefit myself to try and work from home.

I have recently started an in-home garden which I have pieced together from various things I found around the house. Starting 3 seeds, I starting out in a cardboard box with a lamp attached to it. Then I added a few grow bulbs to my Walmart delivery order. With the start of this came research and excitement as I watched them grow. I needed to upgrade so I had an ice shanty I set up as a tent roughly 4x4x5. I purchased 3 lights from Amazon which I have reached out to them to find out the email and phone number on the receipt and manual I received is not valid. The soil I am using comes from my old employer that I worked lawn maintenance and repair for. He has been in the lawn care/greenhouse business for 40+ years.

During this process I have gained a passion and excitement for plant development and research. Testing and experimenting with new techniques and equipment as I go. From this new passion comes this site and business. Happy Plantz because that's what this has done for me. It has lessened my anxiety and depression allowing me to focus on whats important for myself and my family.

Attachments

• me.png
    me.png
    313.8 KB · Views: 5
Your name from this point forward is Happy Plantz - - No more real names - (Just funning with ya - don't freak out) - I would not use your pict because there is this guy on here who likes to take it and make funny memes out of it... We think he drinks a little sometimes.. (Just Givin You Cr ap Roster) hahaha - You are OK - take the time if you ever get it to search the threads on here. - Do this before you google your next question you have to yourself about weed. The information available here is soooooo vast. - You would be surprised. - I have had way to much coffee and pinch hitters this AM - I'm out to get something done outside. Very windy and warming up in the Jungles of Central Illinois

Your name from this point forward is Happy Plantz - - No more real names - (Just funning with ya - don't freak out) - I would not use your pict because there is this guy on here who likes to take it and make funny memes out of it... We think he drinks a little sometimes.. (Just Givin You Cr ap Roster) hahaha - You are OK - take the time if you ever get it to search the threads on here. - Do this before you google your next question you have to yourself about weed. The information available here is soooooo vast. - You would be surprised. - I have had way to much coffee and pinch hitters this AM - I'm out to get something done outside. Very windy and warming up in the Jungles of Central Illinois
Come on man just admit it Roster told me about you and sending him a pic in private.

Welcome Happy Good Bunch of growers here.
Even Bogus..............

Off my site a little more back ground for ya

I’m 39 years old and live in Queensbury NY. I grew up in Croghan, NY home of Croghan bologna. I have been in Queensbury since Jan 2013. I am currently a stay at home dad. I have 4 kids, 3 which are biologically mine and 1 foster child who we are starting the adoption process for on May 18th. I have been separated from my wife for a little over a year now. My past choices have shaped my future and I’m trying hard to provide for my kids.

I started out smoking Marijuana as a teen. Shortly out of high school I was pulled over with a friend in the vehicle who when questioned told the cops we had smoked a bowl in the vehicle. I was charged with a Driving While Ability Impaired, possession, and sales. Because of this life changing event I was put on probation. From there I switched to drinking alcohol because i was being tested weekly. The next 10 years of my life were a disaster. 4 DUI's, 3 rehabs, 2 halfway houses, 2 drug court programs. Finally on Jan 14th I could say I have 9 years of sobriety from alcohol and that only my oldest has saw me drink.

Due to my past I am banned for life from driving making getting to employment tough. I have been claiming unemployment since October 2021 and have yet to receive a payment. Having 4 kids being a single dad and trying to manage their lives and mine not being able to drive, is one very stressful and two costly. I decided in Jan to attend Erie Community College for Computer Networking and Support which I chose to try and benefit myself to try and work from home.

I have recently started an in-home garden which I have pieced together from various things I found around the house. Starting 3 seeds, I starting out in a cardboard box with a lamp attached to it. Then I added a few grow bulbs to my Walmart delivery order. With the start of this came research and excitement as I watched them grow. I needed to upgrade so I had an ice shanty I set up as a tent roughly 4x4x5. I purchased 3 lights from Amazon which I have reached out to them to find out the email and phone number on the receipt and manual I received is not valid. The soil I am using comes from my old employer that I worked lawn maintenance and repair for. He has been in the lawn care/greenhouse business for 40+ years.

During this process I have gained a passion and excitement for plant development and research. Testing and experimenting with new techniques and equipment as I go. From this new passion comes this site and business. Happy Plantz because that's what this has done for me. It has lessened my anxiety and depression allowing me to focus on whats important for myself and my family.
I see Upstate , did they give you guys the go ahead with growing in yards yet?

They say you cant grow until after we have dispensaries . YET I just smoked stuff from my neighbor and went to a dispensary in the Indian Reservation to get it . Impressed .

They say you cant grow until after we have dispensaries . YET I just smoked stuff from my neighbor and went to a dispensary in the Indian Reservation to get it . Impressed .
Sounds like a loop hole, my buddy is holding out until the NYS canna site says good to grow.
Sucks he grows great weed and the postal service gets better everyday. Just not lately.
And what the heck is with your States Gun Laws , you can not buy more than 100 rds at a time on ammo and you need back ground chks on ammo sells too.ed yrs ago
Im glad I moved yrs ago

Yeah its ok its all out there on my website anyway. I am finding without transparency its hard to gain the trust of others. And im kinda excited now to see what will come from it. I have been a member of AA for close to 10 years im good with humor. :)

Well no but i do have the foster child. Because of him social services had to inspect my grow and get approval from the foster child's county (Oneida) and my county (warren) 's judges. So i do have a signed document from Warren county certifying my home for foster care placement with the grow in house. It has video surveillance and anyone who opens it gets there picture taken. So they approved me. The only stipulation was that i have to allow them to inspect it at any point. But gee daylight savings set my timers back to 9am 9pm lights out sorry cant open the tent haha

Latest posts

Back