Hi all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makseed86

Happylife
Reaction score
Hi nice to find your community , am a new grower and it’s my first time
I am confused between a 4x4 or 4x2 tent
The maximum number of seedlings I will plant is 3 seedlings
Also, I want your opinion on the 4 inch carbon filter. Will it remove the odor completely because I do not want it at all?
In terms of soil, nutrients, and pens that examine water and soil, I would like you to recommend something good for me to start with.
Thanks a lot

A 4x4 tent is 4 feet by 4 feet and can vary in height(5, 6 or more feet tall). A 4x2 is 4 feet by 2 feet and some variation on height. I have grown 4 plants in a 4x2 but it is too small to do it effectively without a lot of tinkering(and even then it is not optimal). A 4” carbon filter will help but depending on your olfactory sensitivity, you may still notice some smell. There will also be some odor when you open the tent to tend to the plants.

I used Roots Organics Green Lite in 3 gallon felt pots my first grow(in a 2x4x4 tent under a 4 bulb high output t5 light fixture) and like that combo do I still use it. I used General Hydroponics liquid organic nutes and didn’t need to monitor pH or TDS in any grows. Organic growing normally doesn’t need pH monitoring unless your water source has a pH problem.

A 4x4 tent is 4 feet by 4 feet and can vary in height(5, 6 or more feet tall). A 4x2 is 4 feet by 2 feet and some variation on height. I have grown 4 plants in a 4x2 but it is too small to do it effectively without a lot of tinkering(and even then it is not optimal). A 4” carbon filter will help but depending on your olfactory sensitivity, you may still notice some smell. There will also be some odor when you open the tent to tend to the plants.

I used Roots Organics Green Lite in 3 gallon felt pots my first grow(in a 2x4x4 tent under a 4 bulb high output t5 light fixture) and like that combo do I still use it. I used General Hydroponics liquid organic nutes and didn’t need to monitor pH or TDS in any grows. Organic growing normally doesn’t need pH monitoring unless your water source has a pH problem.
Thanks for the information , so I guess 4x4 with 6in carbon filter is better even If I just want to grow 2 to 3 plants in 3 or 5 gallon also I don’t know the deferent between using 3 or 5 g

google growing for a baseline on what to do then come back and ask your questions...the difference between a 3 and 5 gallon bucket is it's volume...2 gallons more room for roots to thrive...

Six inch fan with 24 inch filter in 4x4 tent You will grow into more plants You got the bug already. You can always get a fan controller that allows you to dial the speed of the fan up and down

Thanks for the information , so I guess 4x4 with 6in carbon filter is better even If I just want to grow 2 to 3 plants in 3 or 5 gallon also I don’t know the deferent between using 3 or 5 g
3 plants in a 4x4 would be good. 5 gallon is better. I grew one plant in a 5 gallon in my 3x3 foot tent and it filled the entire tent. I vegged it for a couple of months though. Larger rootball=healthier larger plants (in general). I have a 4” carbon filter and it works fine for me. Occasionally my wife can smell ‘skunk’ but not strong and not for long. I usually tell her I think one was out in the yard. A word to the wise, make sure the ducting leading from the filter to the fan is air tight. My ducts had some holes in it and it took me longer than it should have to figure that out…

Six inch fan with 24 inch filter in 4x4 tent You will grow into more plants You got the bug already. You can always get a fan controller that allows you to dial the speed of the fan up and down
Sorry, by 4” filter, I am talking about the duct size not the length. I’d guess my filter has a length of 18” with a connection for 4” duct.

Hi nice to find your community , am a new grower and it’s my first time
I am confused between a 4x4 or 4x2 tent
The maximum number of seedlings I will plant is 3 seedlings
Also, I want your opinion on the 4 inch carbon filter. Will it remove the odor completely because I do not want it at all?
In terms of soil, nutrients, and pens that examine water and soil, I would like you to recommend something good for me to start with.
Thanks a lot
I have a 2x4 tent and four plants fit comfortably I have a 6” duct filter which goes to a window. If you have room for. 4x4 tent I would go that route as you are always gonna want more space…

1651792520766.png

Hello makseed86 and welcome aboard.

and don’t be a stranger now that all your questions were answered

cheers
big

Latest posts

Back