Hi everybody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gijoe

Reaction score
I'm a new grower, just growing for experience, looking to get into the industry in canada. Just for laughs I bought a bunch of seeds from an expo and decided to try a few. I planted 16 from seed, only 9 remain, 8 look like they're supposed to, even though they had a very long time getting to veg stage, they are about 7 weeks in, but look like they are 3 weeks, they stayed in sapling stage for too long. Started them by seed, put them in coco pellets and closed dome with nursery light. made so many mistakes, had aphids invade, over-watered, under-watered , but now they are outside, growing like nuts for the last couple of weeks, no problems outdoors, weather has been good too. made attempt 1 clone and it took off immediately. Now, back to the 1 plant i haven't mentioned yet. It's been tiny since the beginning, so tiny, it looks like a bonsai tree, the leaves are tiny, the hight, only about 8 inches, but its kind of bushy. It has started to flower as well. like all my mistakes, I labeled the seeds when i soaked them, and of course someone move the dish by accident and i lost track of which seed was what. does anybody know of a strain that looks like a micro plant and auto flowers? The strains I planted were- Granddaddy , Jack Herrer, super lemon and blueberry. I have no way of knowing what is what, the 8 plants almost look identical but the dwarf is the only stand out one. Does anyone have any recommendations of what I can do or what comes next for this little critter? The leaves are only an inch or so at full growth, I posted a lighter next to the leaves for scale.
IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG

Good advice to get an eye loupe and see what kind of bugs you have there.
Welcome to MP.

Welcome!

I used to call those kind of seeds runts. Years ago I found one and was was going to pull it. My Wife said it was cute and put it with her herbs. Damn thing never got more that 5 inches tall. lol

You came to the best growing forum around. Your questions will be answered by experienced and expert growers. I am not an expert grower but I may try to help from time to time as I have probably made every growing mistake imaginable during the course of my life.

I wish you all of the best with your current grow.

Thanks everyone, I'll post more pics of every plant as the days go on. I'm a photographer, so I just happen to have plenty of lupes kicking around. If there are bugs, will soap do the trick? or is this a write off that needs to be quarantined from the others? or destroyed?

That really depends on what kind of critter you are dealing with. Good you are a photographer, look on the underside of the leaves and show us what you have going on. Some bugs are" burn the plant", some are easier. lol

Welcome to MP. Be sure to read through the stickies. They are loaded with information.

Here are some pics of one leaf i pulled that looked rough. i couldn't find any bugs at all, the white thing is a spot not a bug.

Attachments

• IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3171.jpg
    IMG_3171.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3172.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3173.jpg
    IMG_3173.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3178.jpg
    IMG_3178.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 61
I am thinking that you may have a pH problem, too. Tell us more about what they are planted in and what nutrients you have used.

Also, just because it is flowering doesn't mean that it is auto-flowering. Depending on how much light it had indoors and how many hours of light you have now, it could just be normally flowering. That is a common occurrence this time of year with outdoor plants. However, I cannot see any sign of flowers on the pics you posted. New growers often mistake new growth for pistils.

Look a litle closer. I think those real small white dots are the cause, mites. One of the shots shows some (tell-tail spider) webbing near the edge. Rub the back of those leaves with your fingernail and see if they dislodge, if watched under a loop you’ll see them moving (slowly of course).
Picture 3173 right near the bend are plenty of them.

I am thinking that you may have a pH problem, too. Tell us more about what they are planted in and what nutrients you have used.

Also, just because it is flowering doesn't mean that it is auto-flowering. Depending on how much light it had indoors and how many hours of light you have now, it could just be normally flowering. That is a common occurrence this time of year with outdoor plants. However, I cannot see any sign of flowers on the pics you posted. New growers often mistake new growth for pistils.
Hi goddess, the pics don't show them clearly, but the centre of 3179 is definitely a flower, along with about 6 others on the plant. I'll keep posting as they grow bigger. all the other plants look identical and healthy with large fragrant leaves, no flowers yet.

Look a litle closer. I think those real small white dots are the cause, mites. One of the shots shows some (tell-tail spider) webbing near the edge. Rub the back of those leaves with your fingernail and see if they dislodge, if watched under a loop you’ll see them moving (slowly of course).
Picture 3173 right near the bend are plenty of them.
Hi Dan, thanks for the diagnosis. Should I spray with soap? diluted vinegar? any recommendations ? Like I said earlier, I'm doing this to learn, so the more problems I encounter and solve the better. In order to recognize and treat, I have to experience, like all you guys. Thanks again

Recommend then that you start reading up on remedies for mites. This is how you really start learning, good luck.

I was thinking spider mites cause of the webbing. I don't see any flowers either. I guess we'll see.. Green MOJO to ya!!!!

The runt was definitely flowering, now in full bud mode. The tiny one is my attempt at cloning, I topped a plant and stuck it in a pot, seems to have made it through and has new growth, the frosty pics are from the runt and the rest are healthy veging plants, topping some of them, leaving some alone, like i said earlier, trying different things with every plant, hoping to run into problems so I could have experience identify them in the future. enjoy.IMG_3241.jpgIMG_3242.jpgIMG_3243.jpgIMG_3244.jpgIMG_3245.jpgIMG_3246.jpgIMG_3247.jpg

Latest posts

Back