Hi I'm new to the board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First Plant

Reaction score
I attempting to grow my first house plant. I'm like a fish out of water right now I been reading but need to know what type of lame do you need for a 250 wat bulb and is that 45s led a good replacement for the 250w bulb? or can I use an infrared red heat lamp?

Welcome aboard indeed
See the source image

A little more information on what you are doing there FP. Are you growing in a tent/closet or what. Do you have venting worked out. Lot more to a set up that lights. Are you hydro, soil or soil less. Lots on here to give you great info.
I'm like a fish out of water I know nothing and need top learn everything

My advise is to do some reading. Good place to start is in the Introduce Myself thread. This is a good start....Dear Newbies. Also, I read a couple of books that tell everything from set up to the final steps in curing. Don't know what is out there but the first book I read was Marijuana Growing By Jorge Cervantes. I also read a book on Hydroponics and decided against trying it. Good luck and stay on the forums as you will have daily problems for a while and we are a great resource to lean on.

Last edited:
Be patient. Read and educate yourself. We all started like you. Buy seeds a learn as you go. Ive ben growing for 11 years and still make mistakes still. But we all learn and share this knowledge with Newbies. That how i learned on a forum like this. And alot of reading. If it wasn't for experienced growers helping me I would know nothing. Good luck with future grows. And remember that you will be growing marijuana like a pro in a year or two. Q

That's how I learned also, on a forum. It's so helpful having knowledgeable people as friends and at your fingertips.

Hi, @Sully508 !
Hi granny . Nice to meet you. Yes people taught me. I was on 420 mag forum. And had a lot of old time growers. I was so lost in 2009. I broke my back in 2008. And was looking for pain relief. Well it took a few grows to scew up
Befote i finally started to dial in.

Wow, I hope you didn't go down the opiate addiction road first?

I have back issues, but never broke it. Do you use canna oil or tinctures, or only smoke?

Wow, I hope you didn't go down the opiate addiction road first?

I have back issues, but never broke it. Do you use canna oil or tinctures, or only smoke?
All of the above. Use tincture in edibles, cannabutter, canna coconut oil for making chocolate. Plus i smoke weed and shatter also capsules. Make a lot of cookies. I love cookies. But im controling my pain with mostly cannabis. I still use a pain patch. But with using cannabis im no longer on pills and a patch. Im taking 85 percent less pain medicine. The capsules i buy, but everything else i make. I can claim my capsules on my state taxes.

All of the above. Use tincture in edibles, cannabutter, canna coconut oil for making chocolate. Plus i smoke weed and shatter also capsules. Make a lot of cookies. I love cookies. But im controling my pain with mostly cannabis. I still use a pain patch. But with using cannabis im no longer on pills and a patch. Im taking 85 percent less pain medicine. The capsules i buy, but everything else i make. I can claim my capsules on my state taxes.
I fell off a roof at work while working on a refrigerator unit at a variety store. Broke my L4 vertebrae and had to have an emergency surgery. Im still in pain every day. But i take it a day at a time. Im in remission from kidney cancer. Had 6 surgeries. Was stage 4. Went through immune therapy and it almost killed me. It spred to my lungs after my left kidney was removed. But im grateful to be where i am today. I love life a little more than I used to. I just became a grandad. I have wonderful kids. Im disabled but im alive and growing marijuana is my cure and therapy. You take care talk with you soon hopefully and very nice to meet your acquaintance.

Latest posts

Back