Hi katfish here im new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkpfish

katfish
Reaction score
Pineapple express I have a plant and i swear it has one leaf two leaf three five at the most its a female why is she deformed

Pineapple express I have a plant and i swear it has one leaf two leaf three five at the most its a female why is she deformed

Welcome to MP...is this plant of yours a clone, or is from seed? My first guess would be it's a clone and it might have been in flowering when it was taken. They often throw single leaves as they reveg. jmo

Welcome to MP.

If it is a clone, I agree with Hamster. If not, can you post up a pic?

kkpfish???? or katfish?

welcome either way

Pure Indicas can have as low as 5 wide leaves per fan, a pure Sativa can have as much as 9 fan leaves including the 2 very small outer ones. Common conception is 7 leaves, but not true and depends if you count the outer leaves when they can be extremely small. You said 1, 3 and 5. The first pair(not the oval shape that opens when first sprouted, the first jagged pair should be a pair and be 2 leaves 180 degrees apart. The 2nd set is usually 3 leaves each side with the outer 2 small and possibly not fully formed. The 3rd set or 3rd Node, should be 3 leaves each side. It's then no longer a seedling. I have seen 5 leave upper mature fan leaves on Northern lights #2 from Dutch Passion (80% indica) and 9 per fan on Super Silver Haze from Greenhouse Seed Co(62.5% Sativa), if you count the outer 2 which were small but I would consider them leaves. I had your same ? years ago when I saw only 5 leave fans on that norther lights. Both that version of northern and the pineapple express seed I'm looking at flower in only 8 weeks making it indica dominant(under optimal conditions indoors, oc lol) How many nodes are you at? node: each set of two branches starting with the single leaf set, well really the buckle created where they join the main stalk. It's an engineering term used in cad meaning literal "points" of interest on the drawing, 2d, 3d model. But anyway, 5 leaves can be normal in some indicas 4th node and up. If less than 5 leaves on a fan leave by the 5th node(min recommended time to veg to before flowering) I've never heard of that unless it's what Hamster said, but I'm confused by it. Hamster just curious why a mother plant would be flowered, I've only grown from seed and plan to clone from now on but thought a mother plant was just kept vegging at least 18 hours/day and you take clones from top branches and work your way down till there are no more suitable branches for cloning or you have enough then throw it away and veg a clone into a new mother?@Hamster

HUH?????? your kidding right? :48:

Pure Indicas can have as low as 5 wide leaves per fan, a pure Sativa can have as much as 9 fan leaves including the 2 very small outer ones. Common conception is 7 leaves, but not true and depends if you count the outer leaves when they can be extremely small. You said 1, 3 and 5. The first pair(not the oval shape that opens when first sprouted, the first jagged pair should be a pair and be 2 leaves 180 degrees apart. The 2nd set is usually 3 leaves each side with the outer 2 small and possibly not fully formed. The 3rd set or 3rd Node, should be 3 leaves each side. It's then no longer a seedling. I have seen 5 leave upper mature fan leaves on Northern lights #2 from Dutch Passion (80% indica) and 9 per fan on Super Silver Haze from Greenhouse Seed Co(62.5% Sativa), if you count the outer 2 which were small but I would consider them leaves. I had your same ? years ago when I saw only 5 leave fans on that norther lights. Both that version of northern and the pineapple express seed I'm looking at flower in only 8 weeks making it indica dominant(under optimal conditions indoors, oc lol) How many nodes are you at? node: each set of two branches starting with the single leaf set, well really the buckle created where they join the main stalk. It's an engineering term used in cad meaning literal "points" of interest on the drawing, 2d, 3d model. But anyway, 5 leaves can be normal in some indicas 4th node and up. If less than 5 leaves on a fan leave by the 5th node(min recommended time to veg to before flowering) I've never heard of that unless it's what Hamster said, but I'm confused by it. Hamster just curious why a mother plant would be flowered, I've only grown from seed and plan to clone from now on but thought a mother plant was just kept vegging at least 18 hours/day and you take clones from top branches and work your way down till there are no more suitable branches for cloning or you have enough then throw it away and veg a clone into a new mother?@Hamster

Sorry, but almost nothing here is actually true. Plants can have varying amounts of leaves and they develop at their own speed--there really is not hard and set "rule" as to how many leaves individual plants have or when they get them. However from the description by the OP I do tend to believe that this is a clone from a plant that was in flowering.

Many of us do not have the room to keep mother plants, so we just take clones from clones. I have not kept a mother plant since 2004 when I moved from where I had plenty of room to where I live now with a 2 x 4 veg space. You also have some misconceptions about cloning. If you do keep a mother, it is better to take shoots from the bottom of the plant as they root better and faster than the top of the plant. A mother plant will continue growing all the time it is in veg and if you do not take a huge amount of clones, it could conceivably last decades as new branches will continue to grow. A vegging plant will continue to veg as long as it has enough light, food, and other necessities.

I hope that I didn't hurt your feelings, but there are simply so many variables with growing cannabis that there really are not hard and fast rules. While 7-9 leaves may be more common, I have had plants with 5 or 11 leaves. We are just trying to keep the info here correct. I didn't get that you were saying " generally 5-9 leaves".

As far as clones and mother plants. We generally will start a plant from seed and veg until it shows sex. When it shows sex, we take clones but the plant is not thrown away :eek:. We take clones and then put it into flowering. Then you grow these cloners out and when those clones are as big as you want them you take clones from the clones. This can go on for many generations. Sometimes people will put a plant into 12/12 before it has shown sex and take clones after it has been in flowering a while. Plants that have been put into flowering secrete different hormones than vegging plants. So when a flowering plant has clones taken (or if a flowering plant is put back into vegging or revegged after harvest), they have to reverse gears so to speak. This means that they stop producing the flowering hormones and start developing vegging hormones. When this happens, for some reason, the plant will grow single rather funny looking leaves while the plant reverses things and goes back into veg.

sorry but this is not true know it all hippie "Sorry, but almost nothing here is actually true.", the hemp goddess

Let me know if you don't want to be here....between this and your post in another thread you are already on thin ice. If it keeps up you will be shown the door. Read the site rules and stop being so quick to flame people.

I can't see hippie's post??

Latest posts

Back