Hi There!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alabaster

Original Michigangster
Reaction score
Hello. I'm Alabaster I'm a young cannabis enthusiast that only recently came across this site. I'm very new to growing, and know nothing about it, but I try. My last crop would throw sparks, & then ignite when ya took a good toke off a joint. It was real fire! Then my dad ripped up all my plants. So I moved out, and now I'm on my own. I only go home for mom's dinner. I am using a 100w incandescent light in my new apartment. So far all my seeds do is just sprout, grow long and gangly, and fall over before the first leaves come out. I don't know why? So I need lots of help. I wish I was old enough to buy my own alcohol. I'd start drinking instead. Since I've got such a black thumb. Is this an open site? I'd hate to have my dad catch me here, and wreck it for me. I certainly hope you all realize I'm just pulling all your legs, or whatever. I'm not good at introductions. So I'll just say hi. I'm happy to make your acquantence. Yes.... I'm over 21 years old, but just barely. I grow in hydro, and in soil/soilless. Been growing since 1976, and went indoors in 1985, and have been growing indoors on and off ever since. Thank god the statute of limitations have passed. But then again..... I've never read the constitution myself. Have you?

I have a moose story; it is something unique that happened to me. I was 12 (I'm 79 now), and my Dad had taken me all the way up to Canada. We were fishing for bass in an 8-foot scow. Roy (scow owner), Dad, and me. Full boat.

We had quite a boatload of bass by the time the sun was getting low, and a chill breeze had begun to finger its way across the lake. We decided to call it a day. Roy started up the little outboard, and we chugged out of the cove into the lake proper.

Thus began a sequence of events that have had no parallel in anything I’ve ever read or heard about in all the years since.

As soon as the miniature boat scowed out of the cove, Roy, who was running the outboard, suddenly pointed excitedly to the right.

“Herb! Look there! I bet you nevah saw anything like that before!”

Roy was pointing to a truly amazing sight. There, about sixty yards ahead of us, swimming across the lake, was a full grown bull moose. Roy was as excited as a kid. I know, because I was excited, too. He angled the little boat over to where the moose was ocean-linering through the water, and throttled back -- right alongside the great animal.

Most people do not appreciate the size of a bull moose. It is the largest North American land animal, easily dwarfing cows, buffalo, or elk. The antlers of the majestic beast that we were chugging along next to were as big across as our boat was. This is five feet. His nose was longer than my arms could span, and his great rolling eye glared balefully as that great nose snorted steam with a deep rumble.

I was altogether impressed, astonished, and full of wonder when Roy suddenly opened up the sequence of events into a whole new plane.

“Here, Herb, keep her steady, and I’ll show you somethin’ special.”

With that, the crazy fool stood up in the rear of the bathtub-sized boat, with my father leaning over to hold the tiller, and leaped onto the back of the beast!

The monster trumpeted and snorted, rolled its eyes, and shook its massive antlers. But Roy was well and truly astride, holding convenient points of the antlers for stability. He even tickled the ear nearest us, and the moose couldn’t do anything about it but continue to swim.

The beast was enraged, and a fearful sight it was. The one eye that was visible to me from my vantage point in the boat turned red as I watched. I was about three feet from the animal, and I was dazzled. Still am to this day, when I think back on it...

Roy rode the colossus for more than a hundred yards. My father called his attention to the fact that they were getting pretty near the shore, and that the moose would surely turn around and “kick his ass for sure as soon as he could touch bottom”.

Reluctantly, our guide abandoned ship, and climbed back into the boat -- coming near as a toucher to sinking it in the process. We had to sit real still, while bailing furiously for a while. I was able to watch the moose reach shore and run up into the trees and brush in a perfectly straight line, continuing until he disappeared. He left what amounted to a road; there were broken trees that resulted from him not going around, but through or over them. Roy was a corker, all right.

Thanks all!

Unca Walt? Thanks for the story! I've had great adventures in Canada when I was a child also. I clearly remember hearing several sonic booms the first time I was in Canada near Lake Nipigon. I believe it was 1964 or 65. You;d think the sky was exploding. I've never heard one since.

Hey burnie! How about you relate the story about the moose?

Oh דרעק! Moose, our cat! Now I know what you're talking about. Our cat is a rescue cat. She's had her front claws/toes chopped off, and her vocal cords clipped. She's an indoor cat ONLY! Or is supposed to be. The wife gets a snootful and sits in the garage chain smoking cigarettes, and she lets the cat out in the garage with her sometimes. Without my knowledge.

Moose, bolted out of the garage, down the driveway, to the sidewalk, and attacked a leashed pitbull walking by with it's master the other night. I was inside the house when I heard all the noise, and looked out the window. It sounded like a mountain lion growling. I didn't know Moose could make so much noise. She doesn't cry, she only trills, or squeeks. She literally beat the dog up with her unclawed paws. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The dog was whining, and had tied it's master up with it's leash trying to get away from the cat. My wife told the man that our cat has no front claws. When the dog finally realized it's face was only getting pummeled really hard, and it wasn't shredded, it became the aggressor. Moose hunched up like Napoleon's hat, and ran sideways like a crab back into the garage, and hid under my truck. All her fur was puffed up, and her tail was at least 2x as fat as usual. The dog almost knocked it's owner over trying to get her. He managed to stop the dog with it's leash before it could enter our garage. The man was laughing, and said "Wow! That cat really defends it's territory." I've never heard of a cat getting so aggressive with an unknown dog like this before. I thought it was weird when we picked up Moose from her previous owners. She was walking around in a kennel full of big barking dogs totally oblivious to any of them. Darndest thing I've seen in a while. This פאַקינג cat isn't as docile as I thought she was.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back