Hi, total noob first time grower with some questions and a problem or two.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Check out our LED light Thread for your lights.
https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/the-best-leds.78529/As for making a grow room you can use RMax.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Thermas...-Rigid-Foam-Insulation-Board-787264/100549260
I used this to build a nice Grow Room in my walk in closet in Florida once and it worked great. Its insulated and white on the other side which is a good reflective color.

Hi, thanks, I will look at the grow light thread.

For the insulating boards, how did you seal the seams to make it air/smell tight?

Thanks!

DM

I used black masking tape. Mine was so airtight i had negative pressure in my grow room. Its very easy to cut your holes for exhaust and intake. All you need is a razor knife. Get the 1" thick boards.

I also notice they have these for about $100 CND. It's 36''x20''x63"

https://www.amazon.ca/BloomGrow-16x...P1DY8PCQN4M1&refRID=Z67RNVHAP1DY8PCQN4M1&th=1
Now, as for the grow light, that seems to be a more complicated issue. lol There are a lot of choices and the prices range quite a bit. For the grow tent I'd have to work out the material costs, but having to build the "room" myself vs just buying one and putting it together probably is the better option unless these pre-made tents suck. Something only you guys would know. lol

Thanks!

Be careful

Like many things plant size does not equal potency or quality.

I've worked with growers that went big and missed the peak. They were repotting wood.

Buying a tent and putting it up is definitely the cheaper of two, but having grown in a tent and an actual room, I personally choose the room. My tents always had light leaks and I find everything easier in a room rather than a tent. Personal opinion, I guess.

The light is your bigger issue. Whenever shopping for one, just make sure you see the true watts that are pulled from the wall, not what the light manufactures name the light to lead you astray.

And hello! Nice to have you here!

Thanks. But where would I find the "true wattage" for a given light? :)

As for a "room vs a tent" I don't disagree, but due to my space restrictions I think a tent would be a better "fit" for me, even if it is more fiddly to work with.

Thanks!

Thanks. But where would I find the "true wattage" for a given light? :)

As for a "room vs a tent" I don't disagree, but due to my space restrictions I think a tent would be a better "fit" for me, even if it is more fiddly to work with.

Thanks!
As CannaGrammy was saying read the Specs, on the light from the company add you are planning to buy.
The actaul wattage from wall will be listed somewhere,
most times a 1000led is 100 watts and any 2000 is 200. it is a trick the cheap sellers use. I will post an example.
Is is a Mars Hydro ad from amazon
light details on this model

MARS HYDRO TS 1000W Led Grow Light 3x3ft Daisy Chain Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Growing Lights for Indoor Plants Greenhouse Veg Bloom Light with 342 LEDs Hydroponic Growing Lamps Actual Power 150Watt

Do you see how they advertise it as a 1000 and then say it is actual power of 150watts Well 150 is wall wattage

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yea, they like to use "equivalent wattage" terms but it all depends on the quality of the LED's used, as just 1 factor. Unfortunately my "COVID budget doesn't allow me to splurge on a $300+ light. :/

Check out Spider/Farmers when you are ready for a LED
I know a few who like them a lot
I built a 300 watt myself and parts wise not much savings doing it myself if I use samsung panels like Spider does
https://www.spider-farmer.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Give them a call and tell them if you can be a tester on a site that their product is not advertised on
Yet........................... Never know, like I said I know a few people .

Hello all.

Giving an update, and I need a bit of help. /shock

My plants weren't ready by the time it got cold up here in Ontario, so I had to move them into a friend of the families greenhouse. They started flowering but then stopped growing (the flowers/buds) and now I'm seeing signs of re-vegging.

I need to know if this is being caused by the unusual heat wave we have going on right now, as it's been going up to 20C in the day here for the past week, and down to only 15C at night, or is it a light issue? Now we're down to 8h of sun and 16h of night. The unusual heat is suppose to be over by tomorrow or the next day, but if they think this 16h of night means spring is around the corner, then I guess this is as far as these buds go. :/

Thanks!

DM

Strange. Little cold but might effect the size of your plants but to re-veg? I know a couple of people that grow in conditions like that and they get cuts from me. Same strains but the altitude and weather causes the plants smaller and buds to be larfy. Final product is ...... well she says it's something to smoke.

So, basically, they shouldn't be re-vegging? :(

Any other reasons they would start to re-veg?

Also, WTH does "larfy" mean? lol :)

Thanks,

DM

Ha ha. Sorry, grower term. Larfy means real light air_y buds. My buds weigh 3 times what hers does. I don't think they are re-vegging.....18 hours of light would cause this but not 8. Again I could be all wet on this subject. I am sure an outdoor grower with similar conditions can give a much better answer....

I'll go take a photo later, but it looked exactly like the photos I've seen online of re-vegging. Small leaves that appear to be coming out of the flower/buds. The problem is that the buds are very small ATM. :/

Edit: But please, if anyone else can chime in on this, please do so now. I'll try to get the photo up by this evening. Right now I have the plants, after getting sunlight in the morning, in a shed, in near total darkness to slow their growth. They'll go back outside this evening, and I looked at the weather, and this warm spell will be over after today. Normally I would be unhappy by this, but I'm somewhat conflicted this year. :)

EDIT: Couldn't get there tonight. They were out.

DM

Last edited:
Finally got a few shots.

BTW when post-processing them I noticed some fine threads on one of the plants. I'll be taking care of that tomorrow. :)

Bud01.jpg

Bud02.jpg

Bud03.jpg

not revegging, When a reveg occurs the plant starts throwing single finger leaves:D

Last edited:
OK thanks.

But I have noticed that the little hairs on some of the buds have started to wilt. You see it most in the first photo.

From what I've read, that's a sign (sometimes) that it's getting close to time to harvest, but the buds are still quite small.

Probably due to "love" ........ :/

Latest posts

Back