Hi what ya think so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What light pattern u running? And what strains? I have no experience with purple lights but I am looking at supporting uv and far red Nd ir only led panels added in around my area to see. What differences would u say u see with the different spectrums??
The photo periods I have are a Gorilla Glue #4, a Girl Scout Cookies, and a Zkittlez. The Zkittlez was a free seed. Those are under my spider farmer 1000. They just started budding and are doing great.

The autoflowers are under this Giixer LED light somebody gave me. The light is bright and has red and white, plus purple. Those are Gorilla Cookies, Gorilla Glue, and Gelato. I also have a 120 watt full spectrum light bulb. The Gorilla Glue auto and Gelato were free seeds. I have grown the Girl Scout Cookies before, but the other strains are new to me. I should have saved some of the seeds and waited for the Spider Farmer to be available. They are having a sale but I am sick right now and worry about spending the money. July 1st it will be legal to grow in Virginia and that is going to give me other options. I edited this because I am going to try a different light somebody had recommended awhile ago on here the Maxsisun. Sorry to bother you.

Last edited:
The photo periods I have are a Gorilla Glue #4, a Girl Scout Cookies, and a Zkittlez. The Zkittlez was a free seed. Those are under my spider farmer 1000. They just started budding and are doing great.

The autoflowers are under this Giixer LED light somebody gave me. The light is bright and has red and white, plus purple. Those are Gorilla Cookies, Gorilla Glue, and Gelato. I also have a 120 watt full spectrum light bulb. The Gorilla Glue auto and Gelato were free seeds. I have grown the Girl Scout Cookies before, but the other strains are new to me. I should have saved some of the seeds and waited for the Spider Farmer to be available. They are having a sale but I am sick right now and worry about spending the money. July 1st it will be legal to grow in Virginia and that is going to give me other options. I edited this because I am going to try a different light somebody had recommended awhile ago on here the Maxsisun. Sorry to bother you.
The spider farmer is a good light, just 1000 models usually only pull around 100 watts. I think the S-F 1000 pulls a bit more. Me? I would add to the sider farmer 1000 by getting more of them. Three in a 2 x 4 would work a treat. I tried this once (have plenty of others in LED and HPS that would have worked, but I wanted to try three Phlizon 1000 (about a 100 watt panel as well, using Samsung 301 and the nice red ones too) so I gave them a try, just to see. (were on sale a amazon, reg. 119 for 79) in a 4 x 2 tent, where a could use the 3, instead of having to buy 3 more for the 4 x 4.

Worked well in fact! Arrays of lights work an advantage. Obviously you are putting more watts on the grow. Also, the array gives other advantages that a through par test will reveal. Advantages in the distribution and penetration areas. Plus, if one dies, your not out until replacement comes. I also like 4 x4, so I try to buy lights that will work in both.

I really wanted to do the experiment in 4 x 4, but I figured it would take 6 of the Phlizon for what I wanted. 6 was more than I wanted to invest in this experiment...after all I already own lights that would do the job well, and had rather add another M-H SP-3000, but I had to know what these small panels would do in array. Putting 3 in a 4 x 2 was basically the same thing.

Having all those will help later, extra lights for veg, mothers, etc. I keep looking at the HLG R spec 600. Regularly 899, on sale (discontinued/replaced?) for 699. Like it, but could ONLY use in 4 x 4 but what a light in 4 x 4. I went with idea of 2 Mar Hydro SP 3000. Killer in 4 x 4, use one in 2 x 4, so follows my "plan" for whatever that is worth,

Bubba

The spider farmer is a good light, just 1000 models usually only pull around 100 watts. I think the S-F 1000 pulls a bit more. Me? I would add to the sider farmer 1000 by getting more of them. Three in a 2 x 4 would work a treat. I tried this once (have plenty of others in LED and HPS that would have worked, but I wanted to try three Phlizon 1000 (about a 100 watt panel as well, using Samsung 301 and the nice red ones too) so I gave them a try, just to see. (were on sale a amazon, reg. 119 for 79) in a 4 x 2 tent, where a could use the 3, instead of having to buy 3 more for the 4 x 4.

Worked well in fact! Arrays of lights work an advantage. Obviously you are putting more watts on the grow. Also, the array gives other advantages that a through par test will reveal. Advantages in the distribution and penetration areas. Plus, if one dies, your not out until replacement comes. I also like 4 x4, so I try to buy lights that will work in both.

I really wanted to do the experiment in 4 x 4, but I figured it would take 6 of the Phlizon for what I wanted. 6 was more than I wanted to invest in this experiment...after all I already own lights that would do the job well, and had rather add another M-H SP-3000, but I had to know what these small panels would do in array. Putting 3 in a 4 x 2 was basically the same thing.

Having all those will help later, extra lights for veg, mothers, etc. I keep looking at the HLG R spec 600. Regularly 899, on sale (discontinued/replaced?) for 699. Like it, but could ONLY use in 4 x 4 but what a light in 4 x 4. I went with idea of 2 Mar Hydro SP 3000. Killer in 4 x 4, use one in 2 x 4, so follows my "plan" for whatever that is worth,

Bubba
It is going to be hard matching the Spider Farmer for what it cost. Sure, there are way more expensive lights, but I wasn't trying to grow this many plants. I don't have a tent either. I wonder if that puts me at a disadvantage because I am missing the reflective sides. The Gorilla Cookies I am growing is a sativa dominant plant and it is getting taller than the others. I really just want some good buds.

The Phlizons look interesting. You can fold some of them which might be a great advantage.

I always hang some lights on the sides if I'm growing in an open room.

I have a couple of those clamp on lights with bulbs. Those are good for seedlings too.

Nice strains list. The gorilla cookies is a monster like I had a 5gal last grow auger all over the fan leaves lol and gelato I have been meaning to do so I will look forward to seeing ur babys. I haven't used the spider farm but have read heard its a good light like. I think hight of light is important with the led. As effects uptake and if to.close not can....but it WILL stunt ur growth I have done a side by side full grow before wish still had old phone. I've seen alot on utube runnin a ts1000 similar spec light to urs in a 4x4 and tbh the guy dine amazingly so u have the tech just enjoy having fun haha sorry I missed this comment yesterday btw I wasn't being rude.

Nice strains list. The gorilla cookies is a monster like I had a 5gal last grow auger all over the fan leaves lol and gelato I have been meaning to do so I will look forward to seeing ur babys. I haven't used the spider farm but have read heard its a good light like. I think hight of light is important with the led. As effects uptake and if to.close not can....but it WILL stunt ur growth I have done a side by side full grow before wish still had old phone. I've seen alot on utube runnin a ts1000 similar spec light to urs in a 4x4 and tbh the guy dine amazingly so u have the tech just enjoy having fun haha sorry I missed this comment yesterday btw I wasn't being rude.

The gorilla cookies is getting tall. That makes it hard to grow anything else under the same light. It is suppose to be high in THC. I didn't buy enough seeds though. Maybe next time I will grow the photoperiod strain.

I am using 4 / 200 watt Timber LED's in 3500 and for the first time 6 / 100 watt Timber Daisies in 1750 far red to help in flowering. At least in my way of thinking they will help. Just switched 'em to 12/12 today. All in my 5X9 Gorilla tent. Have Apollo 13, Bruce Banner, Dr. Grinspoon, Gas Monkey, Vietnam Black and 1 freebie auto Gorilla Glue.

Aye aye guys got photo today
20210608_104825.jpg
cant get over the size so far

Looking nice my friend.
LETS LET IT BE KNOWN ..ILGM ,I LOVE GROWING MARIJUANA seed company sells BOGUS SEEDS TRING TO PASS ON HERMI GENETICS AS AUTOFLOWERS ...60K CROP WASTED DUE TO FLAKEY SEED COMPANY. MY ADVICE DO NOT BUY THIER SEEDS ..THEY ARE NOT WHAT U THINK THE SEEDS ARE MIXED STRAINS AND TERRIBLE GENETICS..PASS IT ON ...gangagirl has 34 yrs expierence

Attachments

• image000000 - 2021-06-08T084622.456.jpg
    image000000 - 2021-06-08T084622.456.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
  • image000000 - 2021-06-08T084743.173.jpg
    image000000 - 2021-06-08T084743.173.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 8
Skywalker og you and my new 6x5 with new 480w led lm301h 3000k and 5000k
20210608_152826.jpg
20210608_143004.jpg

Bubba

Mate ur 100% in what ur saying about having light overlap. I run 2 mar ts3000 on a mover in a 5x10 and I'm about 80% at 29" above canopy and having amazing results. I also run a ts1000 in a 4x4 (will upgrade next week to a 240w on a mover FOR MY BRANCHS ILL NEVER GROW WITHOUT ONE AGAIN) NO joke the branches get mega thick i think having the two.mars a 1m apart in a 3m long tent and then the lights move 1m sit for 120 seconds then move back there are no dark spots then that opens to.the ts1000 and then opens into my 5x5 with a 480w light but will be spliting it in half and adding I a 120w 3500k 301h with 60w uv and ir added then bolting that in middle which will.give me 660w then somethin similar in 4x4 all lights over lapping on movers

Ebay light mover +2m 8mm thread bar and my lights in 5x5 and 4x4 both move using same mover. Idea y not the mover only adds yeild and bulk for 10ws guys. There not a supplement or training or light that can add yield like a mover for.that watts grow smart guys

Ebay light mover +2m 8mm thread bar and my lights in 5x5 and 4x4 both move using same mover. Idea y not the mover only adds yeild and bulk for 10ws guys. There not a supplement or training or light that can add yield like a mover for.that watts grow smart guys

And I in no way think.i have a clue at what I'm.doin I'm just an engineer at heart ❤ lol

Skywalker og you and my new 6x5 with new 480w led lm301h 3000k and 5000kView attachment 273889View attachment 273891

Mate ur 100% in what ur saying about having light overlap. I run 2 mar ts3000 on a mover in a 5x10 and I'm about 80% at 29" above canopy and having amazing results. I also run a ts1000 in a 4x4 (will upgrade next week to a 240w on a mover FOR MY BRANCHS ILL NEVER GROW WITHOUT ONE AGAIN) NO joke the branches get mega thick i think having the two.mars a 1m apart in a 3m long tent and then the lights move 1m sit for 120 seconds then move back there are no dark spots then that opens to.the ts1000 and then opens into my 5x5 with a 480w light but will be spliting it in half and adding I a 120w 3500k 301h with 60w uv and ir added then bolting that in middle which will.give me 660w then somethin similar in 4x4 all lights over lapping on movers
There is a good example of the benefits of an array over on cocoforcannabis site. They do a very in depth (well, compared to some) par test of the lights they review. Have a look at their review of the Mars Hydro SP3000. They show its par measurements at various heights in a 2 x 4 tent. Then, they do the same in a 4 x 4 and add another of the SP 3000. The par test comparison is of utility in demonstrating the superiority of the two lights in the 4 x 4 compared to one in the 2 x 4. At first blush I would think, ok even steven, twice the room, twice the light, same thing larger floor plan. But no, there were improvements all the way around. The measurements at different heights of all these setups shows the improvements in both distribution and penetration.

Arrays are nice that you can swap them around into smaller spaces, i.e. mothers, clones, veg, etc. If using them all and one conks out, you still have enough to get by until replacement. Plus, as already said above, use them to help on the sides, especially if no tent. Tents do improve your light situation, just get enough tent. Make sure it is tall enough. Some tents, Gorilla offers this I know "expander" kits you can add to the height, a darn good idea.

Bubba

Really interesting i will have to have a look. I may end up putting and other ts3000 in my 5x10 haha see how that does on the over of course although I will run this grow as is to see what the two are like on mover compared to two static in a 4x4 be interesting to see. Altho I'm running different genetics this run before when I had static ts3000 and two 315w cdm I had 26x 3 gal 3x 5gal and a 10gal autos in that tent lol now only can fit 21 and they have only started flower well some about five are still in veg.

Most surprisingly the seedstockers sticky fingers i run again for a (laugh) have all turned out to be monsters. The last time I ran it the plant was short and looked like one massive big bud about size of a 2ltr coke bottle but was airy as hell and when ya no one isn't goin to dense up.there no point ya just run risk of let it run to long so really wasn't hopeful but these ones are something else. I run all organic. But I mix peat moss compost 60ltr bags eco thrive (uk company) coco mix 50ltr in with house and garden bat mix 50ltr and mix in 70/30 life cycle and charge with cheap bine mix blood mix. I use vit c in my water tank just one I use myself crushed up. Black strap and eco thrive tea. A little fish mix in veg when make up my tea feed once a week and water the rest don't ph altho the 240ltr water tank keeps creepin up to 7.8-8 (no idea any ideas how I can't stabilis it better been?????HELP ?? .been Knockin it down to 6.5ish then water like that as a back up if dry a little to much find it helps in flower if ya get a greedy one. Then when do training week three I feed batmix top up life cycle and charge ect been working so far.. I did buy some stuff from UK called Dr forest I got a mixture of stuff to try so will up date when arrives. Should be fun. Goin to run with my full colour flower tent and do a review n that all.off my own bat not paid. Will pick a new one next time. I just want learn as much as I can. I love it. Have already grow probably about 40-50 auto strains mixed from about 10 companys and for nutes tbh bar batmix which I have always loved I tried a hesi starter pack then jumped eco thrive and few other bits and bobs but really not a clue less is more and I've never had a bother really temps been high and low and humidity up.Nd down until got my tech up and really just try make easy as I can. Budget has wow I don't even like think what I spent so far but tbh its what I like.spend my time and money on. I love gardening and grow own. Feel like I earn it. Sorry I just smoked one and went on a mad chat hahhaha sorry guys peace

Hi everyone I hope you are all having a great weekend. Just thought I'd put pictures up of my garden I done first training ( 95% of them are super cropped and lst) at week 3 then adjusted week . Snapped top of one lol but she grand think she liked a bit of rough didn't slow her down any (glueberry og 5gal) and also week 4 done some removed under growth branch's leaves bud sites i didn't like not a heavy one as the training and light movers are great. Normally I would need to remover all big leaves as they block light but if I tuck them and the mover...it just makes a difference light moves hits bud sites under leaf and by time leave moves to.meet the light its moving again long in short. I still have 3 still veg so should get big. All.look healthy happy one day temps got high and one or two leaves crispy heat stress but all sorted now. Going get tent and filter stand me thinks be better. The skywalker og looks amazing back right and lemon pie auto is a big girl goin give then a little 2-8-4 and a dandelion and michroriza tea here got some frass and black strap they been drinking up haha 2ltrs water a day and they are drying evenly with the soil coco peat moss mix I did so hopefully. I don't know what I'm at but they look OK

Attachments

• 20210613_085151.jpg
    20210613_085151.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back