HID and NUTRIENT HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Diablo Verde

Reaction score
Does anybody know of any place in the central/north florida region (or a reliable online source) for HID lights? I have 4 plants still in veg growing with 3 28" flours and 2 120w Phillips plant bulbs. I want to use that set up for veg and get some HID for flowering. My plants are about 2-3 weeks away from flowering so I wanna get the lights as soon as I can. Also, I need to get better nutrients but cant find anything near me. Does anybody know where I can get Advanced Nutrients or something comparable/better online? Thanks for any help you can give me.

El Diablo Verde said:
Does anybody know of any place in the central/north florida region (or a reliable online source) for HID lights? I have 4 plants still in veg growing with 3 28" flours and 2 120w Phillips plant bulbs. I want to use that set up for veg and get some HID for flowering. My plants are about 2-3 weeks away from flowering so I wanna get the lights as soon as I can. Also, I need to get better nutrients but cant find anything near me. Does anybody know where I can get Advanced Nutrients or something comparable/better online? Thanks for any help you can give me.
I would suggest HPS for your flowering. You can get them at Home Depot, but not the right ones for plants. You need a remote ballest and a plant friendly reflector. There are tons of them available online. Do a Google on "Marijuana+HPS" without the quotes. Look through the resulting links and pick the one you like.

For nutrients, I suggest "General Hydroponics". Fair price and the "Floro" three part nutrients work great.

I'm using soil and thats a hydro company. Do they also make soil ferts? Or does anybody know what the best soil fert company would be. I found a place to get Advanced Nutrients but I wanted to ask the masters if they had any other (organic) suggestions. My plants have done great on just 10-15-10 plant food during the veg but I def want the highest quality nutrients throughout and I want to make sure the next cycle of plants in my veg room get better nutrients to help them flourish. Thanks

Also, I have a plant thats becoming rootbound. I'm going to transfer it into another pot today and have worm castings and draining sand wondered if I could use them in a mix by themselves or if I also have to add something to them. I know the castings are great fert, so i figured it would jump start it if goes straight into the castings. I also have rooting solution and wondered if I should use it when I transfer the plant to help it take hold. Thanks again

I like the "Age Old" products, 100% certified organic and no foul odors, for my dirt grows.

the castings and sand are fine as amendmants, but not as a stand-alone medium. The rooting solution (Olivias..??) should be fine to use, but would read the recommendations on the label.

I'll check out those nutrients. The rooting hormones are Schultz brand (powder). I was just going to mix a little in water and prewater the new soil in the pot with it to stimulate root growth. Thanks

Seeds contain everything they need for the first 12--14 days of their life as plants.
Any nutrients added before that has a better chance of harming them than doing any good.
When you start feeding, go easy at first--like 1/3 recommended strength, then increase it to 1/2 the next time.
General purpose fertilizers are often too strong to use full strength at any time.

I was talking about using a rooting solution to transplant a rootbound plant. I was going to prewater the soil in the new pot with a rooting solution. I don't ever fert until the 2nd or 3rd week after I plant(transplant clones I wait about a week and a half until I add anything at all except water) - later

Latest posts

Back