high at work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRONIC_COVERED_HASH

Reaction score
Late at night, a small crew of gray-souled technicians quietly scatter throughout your workspace. With small chemical wands, they swab phone cradles, keyboards, faucets, and doorknobs, tag and bag the evidence, then head to the lab, where they test for trace amounts of a variety of drugs. Not surprisingly, marijuana is discovered in the test results.

While the presence of an illicit substance on a desktop proves nothing by itself, your company still uses the positive results as an excuse to institute a random drug-testing program. Though management has urine-tested employees for years, this new form of drug-screening will certainly be regarded by employees as more invasive.

It gets worse: Within weeks, a biometric eye scanner replaces the time clock. This machine not only fulfills the old timecard function, it hooks into state-of-art pupillometry software that indicates impairment in eight different drug categories, including depressants, stimulants, opiates, inhalants, and, of course, marijuana.

Employees who occupy the workspace where trace amounts of pot were first discovered will also be required to submit a two-inch hair sample for further analysis. A small lock of hair provides a window into a subject’s private life for the last three months. In the 21st century, eyes will tell if you’re stoned at work and hair will reveal if you’re getting high at home.

I seen this at hightimes.com This just sucks

it hooks into state-of-art pupillometry software that indicates impairment in eight different drug categories, including depressants, stimulants, opiates, inhalants, and, of course, marijuana.

That is a violation of privacy, there are laws in place to make sure that someone on certain drugs (prescribed or not) cannot lose there job because of it. Its utter bullshit and violation of workplace rights. I would be in an uproar if they had that where I worked.

Very interesting, because you are right...it is invasive to people's privacy if the company has any knowledge of any prescriptions their employees are on. Also, any company can implement a random drug policy for no reason, but there are rules for them to follow, like put everyone on an even playing field like tell them that they are starting this program and everyone has two months to clean up and then everyone gets pre-employment tested then start the randoms. This way everyone gets a fair and fresh start.

My question is that the eye scan thing, does it show marijuana if you are currently high or even when there are traces from the night before when you were on your own time? :cool:

Latest posts

Back