High CBD photoperiod grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Got through the first year of growing with success! Four harvested auto flowers with a total of around 65 grams. Obviously not glamorous, but considering that the last gardening I’ve done resulted in very dead basil plants, I’ll take this as a “W.”

I’m thinking about doing a high CBD strain next year, but the seed bank I have “loyalty points” with only has photoperiod plants.

I will be growing outdoors in VA in a spot that doesn’t get a great deal of sunlight. Is a photoperiod plant not appropriate for me as a new grower and with a spot that gets shaded in the afternoons/evenings?

enjoy that harvest!

you could get by with an early finisher photoperiod , like a c99

but yeah , you will have your work cut out for you in the outdoor growing are that you described

Hey folks,

Got through the first year of growing with success! Four harvested auto flowers with a total of around 65 grams. Obviously not glamorous, but considering that the last gardening I’ve done resulted in very dead basil plants, I’ll take this as a “W.”

I’m thinking about doing a high CBD strain next year, but the seed bank I have “loyalty points” with only has photoperiod plants.

I will be growing outdoors in VA in a spot that doesn’t get a great deal of sunlight. Is a photoperiod plant not appropriate for me as a new grower and with a spot that gets shaded in the afternoons/evenings?
I am growing some plants in my backyard which is surrounded by 40-60 ft tall trees. I get a lot of shade. It is getting worse as the earth tilts us towards fall and the sun is getting lower and lower in the sky. My plants are doing ok. I have had better plants in the yard but I planted too late on 2 and in one case, I have 6 plants in a gallon pot(don’t ask). You won’t get the massive plants or buds you see folks on here grow where they have good sun but it can be done.

I tried a high CBD plant about 5 years ago. The name escapes me but I think it was 5% CBD and 5% THC. It wasn’t any better for pain and inflammation than my higher THC plants for me anyway. And no buzz at all. But you should give it a try anyway. Your experience may be better.

Look at subgirls grow journals for an idea of when to put your plants out(and yes, start them inside like you would tomatoes). She had plants go into flower then reveg on her because of the photoperiod change. I think she settled on June 15th being the date she would try next year. She is in VA as well so that would give you a better idea than my plants(I am in Massachusetts). Good luck.

I am growing some plants in my backyard which is surrounded by 40-60 ft tall trees. I get a lot of shade. It is getting worse as the earth tilts us towards fall and the sun is getting lower and lower in the sky. My plants are doing ok. I have had better plants in the yard but I planted too late on 2 and in one case, I have 6 plants in a gallon pot(don’t ask). You won’t get the massive plants or buds you see folks on here grow where they have good sun but it can be done.

I tried a high CBD plant about 5 years ago. The name escapes me but I think it was 5% CBD and 5% THC. It wasn’t any better for pain and inflammation than my higher THC plants for me anyway. And no buzz at all. But you should give it a try anyway. Your experience may be better.

Look at subgirls grow journals for an idea of when to put your plants out(and yes, start them inside like you would tomatoes). She had plants go into flower then reveg on her because of the photoperiod change. I think she settled on June 15th being the date she would try next year. She is in VA as well so that would give you a better idea than my plants(I am in Massachusetts). Good luck.
It was CBD Crew Nordle.

Latest posts

Back