High Ph issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Follow THG's method and you will have fewer problems...Anytime you add nutes it needs to sit and buffer...same thing with PH up or down....so it has to sit...when I rush the process I sometimes pay with deficiencies showing up.

The FIRST thing you should do, before adding this or that, is make sure your pH testing is correct. You mention using "strips". What brand are they? IMO the only strips worth using are Macherey-Nagel - they cost about $12-$15 a box of 100. I've tried using cheaper strips and they are miles out. What read as 7 on the M-N strips read "somewhere around" 9 on the cheap strips.
If you've got M-N strips I would use them as the basis rather than the meter, until you verify the meter as accurate.
Use a known pH calibration solution and test that using an M-N strip and the meter. You should get the same reading. If not . . . it's the meter at fault.

I must be doing something wrong. My Ph just keeps going up. I keep adding acid. She is growing like never before tho. I just thought the pH would stay at a level. I do let my water sit over nite now (first time this week). I also filter it now. PH out of the tap is 7.8.

its just a stab but wanted to ask - are you using cold tap water only? nothing through the hot water heater, right?

Did you calibrate your meter as Leafminer suggested?
Also did you rinse your hydroton well before use?

calibrated meter it is fine. Did not rinse hydroton , but they have had ater poured over tem and were sitting in the water dang near completely submerged in my early days 4 wks ago. So altho I didn't rinse initially, they have effectively been, due to my lack of knowledge.

mix in lime with the hydroponic solution??

I`m a soil man myself, but that should buffer/stabilize any ph?...Not gospel though:)

I believe it was THG that pointed out food products are unstable and not a good choice!

finally stabilized ph with all your help. In 4 days my plants have grown 5 to 10 times bigger. Bushy as all get out. I am absolutely stunned what a diff pH has made. Even starting to get skunky smell. I luv youse guys.

Garden lime.....

Glad to hear it worked out for ya brother, here`s to some dank bud come harvest man!:48: and of course...Green Mojo!

Latest posts

Back