high ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question EM, (sorry to hijack thread), I need to get a pH meter soon (first grow so I don't have one yet). When you say tri-meter, do you mean the ones with two prongs that don't use batteries? If so, can you use one of those for all the plants, or do you need one per plant.

Douchermann said:
Question EM, (sorry to hijack thread), I need to get a pH meter soon (first grow so I don't have one yet). When you say tri-meter, do you mean the ones with two prongs that don't use batteries? If so, can you use one of those for all the plants, or do you need one per plant.

No...never seen anything like that...tri-meter is just a generic term I used for a remote ppm/ph meter...not a pen...actual tri-meters do EC too I believe. Pic of mine from my journal...Hanna Grocheck combo meter. Hear good things about Truncheon too.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11871&d=1162628728

im still having a problem with my ph being to low, right now the runoff is at 6.0 and the soil is 7.3, i added lime, about 1.5tbs per gallon and have been flushing with tap water(ph 8.1-8.5 adjusted to 6.5 and it doesnt seem to be changing the ph. am i doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with my soil, or water. im using lemon juice to lower ph and baking soda to raise

Your soil could just ****. In my other thread I posted how my soil sucked, so I switched over to miracle grow. Within a 24 hour period the plants made a visible recovery.

Interesting link there Hick, thanks. I have heard others say lime on top will do nothing, but I have used this method on a "hot mix" and I actually saw immediate ph correction...a full point from runoff.
...and thank you. (makeing a mental note on "top dressing"..;) I use the dolomite exclusively, even with FFOF with oyster shells. Have always added 1 tsp p/gal for soil, since discovering it's mg/ca properties. And have yet to have the mg defficiency. PH always remains within the acceptable range. I still check the ph of anything added/watered into the soil.

Dankels00 said:
im still having a problem with my ph being to low, right now the runoff is at 6.0 and the soil is 7.3, i added lime, about 1.5tbs per gallon and have been flushing with tap water(ph 8.1-8.5 adjusted to 6.5 and it doesnt seem to be changing the ph. am i doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with my soil, or water. im using lemon juice to lower ph and baking soda to raise
I think it was touched on in another thread...I've heard lemon juice/vinegar only temporarily lower the ph.
I don't believe bakeing soda is an approriate "fix" either.
7+ soil and 8+ water..why in the world would you want to raise the ph anywhere?..
Is your tap water filtered, by chance?
you know, with that pen just quitting like that...is it poxxible that all of those numbers are incorrect. It's tuff to "troubleshoot" a problem, if you're working with incorrect information.

hey hick, im not sure what to do about about ph except for lemon juice, i cant find any ph up or down at any of the garden shops around here. no my tap water isnt filter and i think ph died because water got behind the display and ive tested it before with strips and it was around the same so i think thats ok. is there anyway i can use around the house for a better fix?

This brings up an interesting thought I had a while ago. You know how farmers spray anhydrous ammonia into the ground (thats pure ammonia, water free). Well what if one were to water their plant with a very very dilute solution of ammonia. It would correct the pH (since ammonia is basic) and add nitrogen.

Dankels00 said:
hey hick, im not sure what to do about about ph except for lemon juice, i cant find any ph up or down at any of the garden shops around here. no my tap water isnt filter and i think ph died because water got behind the display and ive tested it before with strips and it was around the same so i think thats ok. is there anyway i can use around the house for a better fix?
\

If u can't find ph up or down at a farming place.... go to a pool or spa supply place... they'll have it.

Latest posts

Back