Hillary Clinton Just Gave An Underwhelming Response to A Question About MMJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From attn.com

Hillary Clinton Just Gave An Underwhelming Response to A Question About MMJ

GTY_hillary_clinton_mm_150713_16x9_992.jpg

Democratic presidential contender former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fielded a question from a medical marijuana patient during Wednesday night's New Hampshire town hall, hosted by CNN, and her response was...a little lackluster.

Clinton said that marijuana should be rescheduled from a Schedule 1 to a Schedule 2 drug, and she called for more research.

"We should be learning what works and doesn't work," she said.

This isn't the first time Clinton has dodged the legal weed question by calling for more medical literature. As ATTN: has reported extensively, there is a substantial body of legitimate medical research on marijuana and its benefits for a wide variety of conditions from cancer to ADHD and anxiety disorders.

Clinton has said she supports legalized medical marijuana and states experimenting with recreational legalization in the past, but she has been hesitant to fully endorse federal legalization.

"I want to accelerate this," Clinton asserted. "I want to get that research up and going as quickly as possible."

She then proceeded to address New Hampshire's drug overdose problem, pivoting to the issue of opioid addiction.

While she didn't exactly make the false equivalency between marijuana legalization and opioid addiction, frequently cited by conservative politicians, it was dismaying to some that she would mention marijuana — which has had virtually no overdoses — in the same statement as the serious opioid epidemic.

Clinton's primary opponent, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders has been an outspoken advocate for medical marijuana and the decriminalization of recreational marijuana. Sanders even introduced a bill to end the federal marijuana prohibition, in November 2015.

The fact that there are more overdoses than car crashes in the state of New Hampshire is a startling statistic and one worth addressing. Equipping police officers with naloxone to reverse overdoses, as Clinton suggested, may be a good idea. It just doesn't have anything to do with whether or not someone will be able to get medical marijuana to treat seizures.

http://www.attn.com/stories/5678/hillary-clinton-medical-marijuana-dem-town-hall

is it just the view from where i sit, or has it never been more obvious who's going to be your next pres?
i really hope i'm wrong, but it seems so blatantly setup to be Clinton Vs political name, with Clinton obviously winning.
a shuddering thought to me.

I'd like to see
Bernie Sanders vrs. Donald political name for president...

I wouldnt vote for Hillary if my life depended on it..
just you tube the clintons and look at the docs. with all th epeopl ethat have died or went to prison that was ***. with the Clintons..
that is not even talking about Monica, or Hillary forgetting our people in the embassy, or her Email..
imo that women should be in Prison, not running for president

is it just the view from where i sit, or has it never been more obvious who's going to be your next pres?
i really hope i'm wrong, but it seems so blatantly setup to be Clinton Vs political name, with Clinton obviously winning.
a shuddering thought to me.

You have a very clear mind, my friend. LOL

Hilary is simply the next in line for the most politically correct person to be president. We had a black. Now, we need a female.

Doesn't really matter who is President, anyway. I spent 17 years in Washington with most of it going back and forth between the Hill and The Pentagon. Believe me when I tell you, the Pres has less influence on how this country is run that you would ever believe. Our position of President is beginning to closely mirror that of a Monarch with Parliament (our House and Senate) running the country, and the single leader having less and less to say (other than on TV).

So, it doesn't really matter if she wins (other than the fun the TV news will have with her for 4 years). Plus, the American people love to HATE their President. (Thanks again to the news media). So, she should provide plenty of fuel to amuse and anger the American people for at least one term.

Besides..... she is sooooooooooo hot. Wow Baby Va Va Voom.

:) ;)

She answerd that question just like she answers all of them,,,Politically. .
Another words she doesnt give a crap.

True that. I want a leader that tells me the truth. Hillery wouldn't know the truth from a hole in the ground.

Latest posts

Back