Hoj Klip and Heir Hand Pipe review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_Dub

Reaction score
I’m usually a water pipe smoker. I absolutely love my Heir waterpipe (my favorite) and Session water pipe (2nd favorite), but I decided this year to get a small hand pipe for my grow room and for travel. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and settled on two highly rated pipes for my Christmas gift. I have a very strong preference here based on my experience and I thought I’d share. I will be comparing the Heir hand pipe and the Hoj Klip my old Journey magnetic pipes.

339DB977-6BCF-4855-BEBA-2E937768BB9D.jpeg

My “go to” pipe has been the old fashioned Journey magnetic pipes. I love those pipes because they don’t require screens and they clean quickly. They come in different sizes and materials, but I still like the Journey 2 best despite the smaller bowl. One would expect that both of these new pipes are better than the $50 Journey pipe, but I don’t agree. Journeys are not the smoothest toke, so I saw room for improvement.

F6549A72-F7A6-498E-B48F-4864D30A4203.jpeg

The Heir hand pipe is a follow up to the Heir water pipe….I absolutely love the Heir water pipe, so I decided to try their hand pipe. The hand pipe includes a replaceable 9mm charcoal filter to remove tar. It’s a beautiful piece of craftsmanship with fine finishing details, but the amount of suction required to draw a hit is very uncomfortable. It really takes a lot of effort for each draw, and the filters clog after 3-5 tokes. It’s truly like trying to suck a golf ball thru a garden hose. So while it’s a beautiful pipe with a clean hit, it’s not a pleasant experience IMO. I would choose the Journey 2 pipe over this pipe given the choice. I will try it without filters today, but that’s not how it’s designed to be used.

50025987-6323-464A-9664-CC40E38B9502.jpeg

The Hoj Klip really interested me since it’s a magnetic pipe like my Journey. It’s a larger size that separates lengthwise and connects entirely with magnets. It has very interesting bumps on the inside that are designed to cool the smoke (much like the metal Genius pipe….which I own and dislike). It uses special screens that are easy to clean and reusable. The draw is easy and smooth, and it’s easy to take a cotton ball with alcohol and wipe down the inside for a fresh session. This pipe is a huge upgrade from my Journey pipes.

BA044B11-A8F8-4F45-AEF3-9A165A3F0907.jpeg

If anyone has any questions on either, I’d be glad to answer. If i had to choose again, I would go with the Hoj Klip hands-down…..or go back to the Heir water pipe.

Latest posts

Back