Hold the fort..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
gonna be outta town for a week or so. (No www access :(.)
Seems there are several covey of quail in AZ, that are begging my dog 'n I to give 'em a go.
C yas when I return

..:cool: His very first "Scaled Quail"!!
We had a great time. :D Box 'n half of shells and only 9 birds. They ain't easy :eek:

But what a challenge.

i missed this post.nice lookin bird dog . did you find any peyote . and dont feel bad about the shell deal . when i go rabitt huntin ill ussually bring at least 2 or 3 boxes and leave either empty handed on shells and maybe 2 or 3 rabitts . last fri when we went we jumped 20 rabitts and came home with 5 but that was a good day lol. i didnt even get to pull trigger myself . i just enjoy listening to my blue tick beagles run . grousse huntin fun too i still havent hit one of those suckers yet im ussually rabitt hunting in the briar patch when i see em and then they scare the shit out of me and i only have time to point and shoot . but anyways im glad you had good time you are worthy of it .

skunk said:
i missed this post.nice lookin bird dog . did you find any peyote . and dont feel bad about the shell deal . when i go rabitt huntin ill ussually bring at least 2 or 3 boxes and leave either empty handed on shells and maybe 2 or 3 rabitts . last fri when we went we jumped 20 rabitts and came home with 5 but that was a good day lol. i didnt even get to pull trigger myself . i just enjoy listening to my blue tick beagles run . grousse huntin fun too i still havent hit one of those suckers yet im ussually rabitt hunting in the briar patch when i see em and then they scare the shit out of me and i only have time to point and shoot . but anyways im glad you had good time you are worthy of it .

i have a blue tick :)

skunk..thats why shotgun shells are so cheap ;)..so pple like you 'n I can afford to hunt
00000003.gif
Never hunted w/ beagles, but have been running hounds for about 15 yrs. on coon and cougar. Nothing like settin' in the swamp on a warm summer nite, listening to your dog working out a ringtail..."Strike my dog"......"TREEEED!!!

bbc.."Bluetick" ehh...do ya' hunt him?

Every time I went hunting for ringtail pheasant. Damn things would wait until I was right up on 'em and they would take off and sound like a flippin helicoptor take off. Scare the living shit out of me and make me jump ten feet. My pops on the other hand would nail 'em in the first shot.

I'll stick to deer, boar, turkey, and squirrel. Freakin boars are mean as hell, but fun to hunt.

Hick said:
skunk..thats why shotgun shells are so cheap ;)..so pple like you 'n I can afford to hunt
00000003.gif
Never hunted w/ beagles, but have been running hounds for about 15 yrs. on coon and cougar. Nothing like settin' in the swamp on a warm summer nite, listening to your dog working out a ringtail..."Strike my dog"......"TREEEED!!!

Yeah I used to, until the hunting camp we went to was shut down for some reason.

Hick said:
00000003.gif

you hit that on the nose about shells lol. i tried to coon hunt with someone when i was a kid but when i steped out of the truck and the man turned the hounds loose they trucked me. i was on top crying like a baby his dogs was almost jumping to the top after me . that was the last time i went . but anyways what is fun about rabitt huntin is when you or your beagles jump a rabitt the beagles will chase them and if the rabitt doesnt hole up he will surely run a circle back where he started . and mutt grouss are the same way you can almost step on them here in the winter time .i think if 1 got tangled in the brush while trying to fly i might have enough time to settle down and shoot my first 1 . my son got 2 in 1 shot last year in early fall he is only 11 i tryed to tell him how fortunate he was and he told me yea right dad you just cant hunt as good as i can . i did mention to him that he was lucky i was doubling him on the four wheeler and that he was on the handle bars. lol . i believe it was mating season for them they was fighting in the middle of a fourwheeler trail. i do know this much about them when we went back to camp ive never cooked grouss before so i just fire up the smoker . wrapped the bird in aluminum foil (after plucking) put alot of butter in with it and left to go hunting again came back 4 hours later and that was the best tenderest bird i have ever ate.

Latest posts

Back