holiday cheer contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
morning folks, been out with the boys this morning, in the 50's and a bit chilly for my liking...seems Ivan is becoming a keen watch dog, he's at the fence ragging on something...
Morn Boo
You told the story here before I think?
Just how did you discover your liver was sick?
Did Dutch find it before you even knew you needed to see a doctor.
I have heard stories of pets letting the owner know before they even knew they had a problem.
I have seen Cancer dogs that actually sniff out cancer on a person's body.
I was wondering is this what Dutchie did with you.
dunno how he knew roster, mebbe after living with Linda while she was dying with it, mebbe he knew the scent...about a year after she passed he came up on the bed, pulled down the covers, and began to lick my liver...didn't feel any direct symptoms, I just felt kinds sick...he discovered it very early on so surgery was a great option...I'm scarred all over so what's another 16" of lines on the belly...dogs know things we just can't fathom...

morning folks, been out with the boys this morning, in the 50's and a bit chilly for my liking...seems Ivan is becoming a keen watch dog, he's at the fence ragging on something...

dunno how he knew roster, mebbe after living with Linda while she was dying with it, mebbe he knew the scent...about a year after she passed he came up on the bed, pulled down the covers, and began to lick my liver...didn't feel any direct symptoms, I just felt kinds sick...he discovered it very early on so surgery was a great option...I'm scarred all over so what's another 16" of lines on the belly...dogs know things we just can't fathom...
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/news/meet-americas-cancer-sniffing-canines/

It was meant to be , was not your time man.
Dutch was sent for a reason, how else would I have gotten to meet you.
Glad you are still here

FB_IMG_1662679825534.jpg

Mine too

How’s our boys tail this morning. Did he get a rewrap yesterday?
They re-wrapped the tail late last night after making me wait over two hours, and before we could get in to have dinner, the sleeve that they put around his tail fell off. I called them up and I was none too happy… the guy that was wearing his man bun told me I was welcome to come back and have it redone for the third time in a day. being that the trip is almost an 80 mile round-trip I decided against it and did it myself. We will have it looked at by the doctor tomorrow and see where we go from there but the tail looks very good. I am burning through diesel fuel like it’s free it seems. I don’t want to put Ivan in the convertible with his tail as exposed as it is.

You got that stretchy tape you can use in a pinch while you wait if he wags it off?
Yup, sports wrap tape,,,I use it on myself on a regular basis, the skin on the backs of my arms damn near sheds so that and no stick gauze pads are on the shelf waiting…

Yup, sports wrap tape,,,I use it on myself on a regular basis, the skin on the backs of my arms damn near sheds so that and no stick gauze pads are on the shelf waiting…
Perfect. Gotta be hard tho trying to control that puppy wag

There’s no controlling that tail now that the big bandages off. Ivan is a very happy puppy and that tail is just spinning around like a fishing pole going back-and-forth. He has a very serious social aggression issue. Last night at the vets office he was more out of control than any dog that I’ve ever had in my entire life. Getting a dog that had no socialization for four months is like dealing with a handicapped child. Ivan will do fine but it’s going to take work to straighten him out.

There’s no controlling that tail now that the big bandages off. Ivan is a very happy puppy and that tail is just spinning around like a fishing pole going back-and-forth. He has a very serious social aggression issue. Last night at the vets office he was more out of control than any dog that I’ve ever had in my entire life. Getting a dog that had no socialization for four months is like dealing with a handicapped child. Ivan will do fine but it’s going to take work to straighten him out.
Maybe he hates those people who keep on changing his bandages. He doesn’t know them and they hurt him every time he sees them. I understand his aggression.

Got any friends with large dogs that can work with you? I worked with a guy once who had an aggressive dog. My dog also large (rott/pit mix) didn’t respond to his dogs aggressive behavior and didn’t care much about other dogs one way or the other, even liked the cats. My dog Rambeau was a very social dog too but folks were always scared of him Because of his looks. We had several walk sessions together (on leash with minimum contact) then eventually, we were able to let them have contact. he brought his dog over to play with my dog Rambeau for play dates until his dog was able to go to the dog park for further training with other dogs. Even if you found someone with a dog that was willing to take a few walks on leash with you, this would get ivan use to being around other dogs and when to control himself. He will naturally know when (not) to control himself for protection of himself or his family or weaker being. He is just young and needs to know the difference. Rambeau is long gone now but was one of the best dogs I ever had the pleasure spending part of my life with.

Got any friends with large dogs that can work with you? I worked with a guy once who had an aggressive dog. My dog also large (rott/pit mix) didn’t respond to his dogs aggressive behavior and didn’t care much about other dogs one way or the other, even liked the cats. My dog Rambeau was a very social dog too but folks were always scared of him Because of his looks. We had several walk sessions together (on leash with minimum contact) then eventually, we were able to let them have contact. he brought his dog over to play with my dog Rambeau for play dates until his dog was able to go to the dog park for further training with other dogs. Even if you found someone with a dog that was willing to take a few walks on leash with you, this would get ivan use to being around other dogs and when to control himself. He will naturally know when (not) to control himself for protection of himself or his family or weaker being. He is just young and needs to know the difference. Rambeau is long gone now but was one of the best dogs I ever had the pleasure spending part of my life with.
That was one lucky puppy to be loved by you :)

I could understand if that’s the problem but his aggression is towards every other animal in the building. I think he’s just frustrated that he can’t get near them to play with them and he shows it as anger or maybe it’s just how I see it… Ivan gets so excited and throws himself on Dutch who has become very tempered beast. I just need to get Ivan out more in a social setting, but I’m afraid to with his hip the way it is. I can just see him popping it out of socket being the frenetic little puppy that he is.

Latest posts

Back