Holy Grail strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenThumbPicasso

Reaction score
Hey all! So, I'm starting to plan my winter grow. I'll have cuts of most of what is growing now but I'd like to expand my horizons and even if I have to pay top dollar, I'd like to grow a trophy strain.
I grow for pain relief so that is a trait at the top of my list. Flavor is important but not imperative. I've grown for many years but one thing I've never been able to shake is clumsy hands and an a little rough treatment. That puts somewhat tough up their also lol. I like to supercrop and maybe get into scrog so one that benefits from that is a plus.
I've done lots of reading on some top strains but before I decide, I wanted to personalize it and make a thread.
Thanks for any input.

I guess I should add. My source of pain is herniated disks in back/neck. 3 knee surges each leg and 25 years of riding bmx dirt and halfpipes. Lots of wrecks. Lol

I have had 5 back surgeries to repair blown disks, and I now suffer with continuous low back and nerve damage pain. I ffound the Larry OG Kush to be one off the best for my pain. It worked best ffor me when I made hash with it and eat the hash like a pill. I get long lasting and very thorough pain relief without knocking me out or tripping me out. Its a pretty fairly hearty plant that is pretty forgiving and does great with scrog. It is a bear to clone though.

One of the heartiest and best producing plants that I have ever seen is Blueberry Punch. It is a cross of BB and Romulon. I swear it can stand up to everything short of a lawn mower, and I won't swear that it wouldn't survive that too. It is one of a few strains that will grow buds right out of the center of the leaves. It eats like a horse though.

Gotta agree with Hush. Larry OG has been my top smoke for quite a while now. If you let it go between 10-11 weeks it is quite Narcotic like in its high. 9-10 weeks and it's a more manageable middle high. It is a PITA to clone at times.

Thanks. Larry og is one of those I have been checking out. The only thing that has kept me from looking more is the flower time. I've just never flowered that long lol. If I don't find another, I'm sure I wouldn't regret the extra patience. I like that it's great for making hash. The strains I keep ATM are outstanding for that and I love my dabs. I've grown romulan before. I really enjoyed the smoke. And yep, it can take a beating for sure. I had all kinds of troubles that grow.

HASHBERRY - the more hashplant leaning phenos I had were a knock down drag out hard stone. basically whole body numbing. first time I ever toked some HB it reminded me the first time I hit some real true OG. before all way done takin that full toke inhaling it was lkiek soemoen pulled a soft fluffy warm and cozy hood over my head and ffuzzy head to toe feelin.

After blowing out both knees, taring my bicep, and busting up both shoulders this 57 year old is feeling the pain from his motocross years.

I've since taken up fishing.

I am not smoking weed for pain meds....I'm still taking Vicodin for that, but it's good to know there's a good strain for pain like Larry OG.

Zip, I just may have to pick up some Hashberry. I like Nurse Larry a lot, but I do want to have 2 night-time strains. I have some Larry OG going now, but I think I want to take that about in the middle (not too early or not too late) to have a nice late afternoon evening buzz where you can still do things, but you are not going to want to go out and rototill. Well that is if I get a female. I have grown over 10 Larry OG and always ended up with boys.

Hash berry sounds nice. After doing some reading, I think one of my crosses are pretty similar. Very narcotic knock you you down stuff. You can taste the berry well after finishing the sesh. Even the hash had that sweet berry flavor.
This is my two crosses. I've kept them for many years. Outstanding for pain, just time to add to my keepers
1395861546646_zpsuu155z58.jpg

NCM_0434_zps5yvz63mo.jpg

FYI on the HB ive grown in past years tho. same wit a buddy of mine. we both had light sensitivity issues. just be gentle wit them as fara s when ya try bumpin up light levels or droppin lights closer. do slowly n gradual;ly. more slow and gradual than usually do wit most average strains, spite the fact tho that she can sit dang near a foot lower under the lights than the rest she'll still yield as tho she right up top even wit others IME.
first time I grew her it was MAD. I thru fits like a lil girl raging over wth was goin on why all her leaves kept getting the bleach look thinkin it was more a def or something other than light isues so a lot of frustration til after came to conclusion that spoite wat the strain description and others say bout the HB the mandalas HB ive grown twice and a friend several times that she is definitely light sensitive.

FYI on the HB ive grown in past years tho. same wit a buddy of mine. we both had light sensitivity issues. just be gentle wit them as fara s when ya try bumpin up light levels or droppin lights closer. do slowly n gradual;ly. more slow and gradual than usually do wit most average strains, spite the fact tho that she can sit dang near a foot lower under the lights than the rest she'll still yield as tho she right up top even wit others IME.
first time I grew her it was MAD. I thru fits like a lil girl raging over wth was goin on why all her leaves kept getting the bleach look thinkin it was more a def or something other than light isues so a lot of frustration til after came to conclusion that spoite wat the strain description and others say bout the HB the mandalas HB ive grown twice and a friend several times that she is definitely light sensitive.
Thankyou. I have had a couple in the past that took me forever to figure out *** was going on...lol. Found out they were very touchy. The more I read on it, I'm really liking it. It will be added to my next grow. Thanks again for the heads up.

its not? *** ? LOL

but yeah. u know how now an then us growers always seem to have a straggler in the corner somewhere which we sorta ignore or ay least attention to for whatever reason and turns out the elss u do or care for it the better she seems to get...? well the hash berry is one them strains like that. easy to kill her wit kindness but if ur not oen them meticulous and anal growers like I am then should be easy. hit me up somehow if ya ever drop some HB id like to follow along to a GJ if ya do one in future?
i'll try go thru and dig up some pix of some past HB grows and some from my boys as well if ya like to see first hand the looks of things by when I say shes sorta fussy (the symptoms of too much love) LOL so u know what up for sure.

I too never found much gorw info on the HB prior to growin it either. just a few smoke report reviews was all mostly. hence why im putting this out. the more info out there the better I guess. last time I checked tho the attitude is outta the mandalas HB as of lately. not sure if can get anywhere else or not tho. have to look round maybe.

I'll place my order in June so I can get them started for my next round. I'll pm ya once I start a thread for it. Lol, I've had a few ladies spend their grow in the corner...I used to be very OCD with my grows, but have gotten a little more laid back. Looking forward to popping some Hberry gear. So with the hb, I'll also have a blue venom, spoetnik and rocklock. These three, I've been sitting on since winter and am interested to see how they turn out.

I love the rocklock!!! Great strain fills in late in bloom reminds me of a og. The pheno I got was tall and I had to top and lst the heck out of it. I loved the high as well.

That is some pretty buds you have up there in your hand. Very pretty.

I grew Hashberry and I liked it. I thought it kinda just grew herself. Very easy plant. And I love the taste.

Fun stuff looking for the right strain... Good luck in your search. I am sorry about all the pain...that is a lot of surgery's for one body... If we had known we were gonna live to be this old, we would have taken better care, perhaps...probably not.

did u have probs with any light sensitivity with ur HB compared to other strains u've grown , rosebud.? how was ur M to F ratios? and oh my, .. the taste... MMMMMMMM

grows itself.... tahts a beter way to sum up wat I try int to say by killin her wit kindness . if ya just let her do her thing she wil practically grow herself . but anytime I tried to open up all kungfu zip style gowin on her she'd always pur my arse in check tellin em to just leave em alone already LOL..

Latest posts

Back