home depot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marywanna

Reaction score
alright i went to home depot and they had a 7in. long cfl that was 100 watts which lets out like 10,000 lumens and 6,000 photo lumens...my question is what are those photo lumens and do i want the other kind of lumens or the photo lumens..

A plant only uses light of a certain type. The light that isn't used by plants is eliminated by some scientists and the measure of plant-usable light is referred to in other ways. The term "Plant Growth Lumens" is discussed on this page:

"What we aquatic plant growers need is a true plant-growth lumen (PGL). Here is how to calculate one."
CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE ARTICLE

This may be what you've seen with a different name. Photon light is another partially correct name.

Let us know what that word is.

Good luck to you!

"All light intensities on this page are in photons per second (Einsteins), not watts, as the activity of chlorophyll depends on the number of photons absorbed, not their energy."

Hahahaha, I love it when they talk dirty.

Marywanna said:
alright i went to home depot and they had a 7in. long cfl that was 100 watts which lets out like 10,000 lumens and 6,000 photo lumens...my question is what are those photo lumens and do i want the other kind of lumens or the photo lumens..

I started my quest at home depot as well. Dont buy anything from there! If you did, take it back! I got a very nice 175w Metal Halide rather inexpensively. Find a local hydroponics store, if there isnt one around, they are all over the net, just google for it. If you need to know what to get, these guys will tell ya, they have helped me mucho!

I started out just like you, and i am telling you dont make some of the mistakes i made, do it right the first time....i am now paying for a mistake i made because i didnt do it right the first time!

Greeny!

Stoney Bud said:
Let us know what that word is.

I'm think'n its short for photomerty

could be wrong but here's a link that explains that some

as for the light i say go for it.... seen some real nice bud produced with em

main thing is your grow'n ;)

grow on

Latest posts

Back