Home Depot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
I noticed my Home Depot now has a "Premium Growing Section" which features nutes and soil you would normally find in a grow shop.

Has anyone else seen this?

I wonder if this will be a trend with other mainstream retail garden centers.....

Good for them, that is needed in a lot of states without grow shops. Good to hear.

Sorry guys I think I was wrong. It may have been Lowes in Modesto. :oops:

All of those big time garden centers look alike to me. lol

My local HD has a brand called Black Magic...soil, cloth pots, veg and bloom nutes...I’ve never tried them so I know nothing but they look just like something you’d find in a grow shop...

My HD does not carry much. If Lowe's is doing that, they are smart. Even though we have a grow shop, they really don't carry nearly everything needed for totally organic grows. I still buy a lot of stuff online.

I keep asking them (HD & the like) where the “indica clones” are, also checking Costco (lol). Guess that’s stil a ways out.

Ha Ha I hope I see the day we can pick up clones at our local garden center.

Until then it's these guys for me.

https://darkheartnursery.com/
DHN_WordMark_Heart_Color-300x194.jpg

I have never used the Black Magic brand featured in Home Depot's premium grow section.

236567469-coco.jpg

Good to know they carry cloth pots as well as other items.

I have some clones in the seedling tent that are in a Miracle grow mix that was marked for raised bed gardens. No nutes listed on bag, no feeding for up to six months marked on bag, so I decided to put some clones into it.
It was also marked as organic as opposed to premium or specialty mixes as all the other MG products were listed. This was at Lowe's.

I added vermiculite since the mix had none and flushed the mix with proper ph water and let drain for a few days. ( Paranoid about MG )

So far they are at 48 hours and no unusual colors or reactions than any other clone repotting to larger pots. I will let everyone know how this works out. It would be nice to have this as a starter/ grow medium since all the seed starter mixes now have 6 months of nutes in them at least in my area.

BTW loving my LED light, and loving my summer electric bill again. (well as much as one can love that.)

Iams

I don’t believe that is what he said...more like if your using coco, your most likely growing cannabis...

lets hope so. I been growing a long time with great results in mixed soils

Yes I believe he was referring to the new premium soil brand at home depot. Confirming it is used for cannabis.

What? your saying I am not a cannabis grower because I make my own soil with out coco...that is Narrow minded
I have been on this site for some time and I have been growing cannabis even longer. You took my comments completely wrong and assumed I meant something that I never said or implied. You might want to think before you speak, and show a little respect to other growers here.

I have been on this site for some time and I have been growing cannabis even longer. You took my comments completely wrong and assumed I meant something that I never said or implied. You might want to think before you speak, and show a little respect to other growers here.
I read the same comment, and understood what was being conveyed, no need for any umbrage at all.
Suggest that before getting excited, new members especially feel their way and re-read any comments before engaging their ego’s.

HD here has had it for a couple of years, they also have piles of drip irrigation supplies that were never before stocked in such large quantity. Alaska fish fertilizer is up to $20/gal and I won't pay that price. It was $16 last year and 11 bucks the year before IIRC. I grow in the ground and thank God for compost.

Latest posts

Back