Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need new lights anyway -- White LEDs ?-- I was thinking King 1,000 watt - Nick been having good luck with a Mars Hydro -- My Mars Hydro 300 are just too old -- I got 5 need to be fixed or repurposed -- One chip go out it take out the whole curcuit -- 4 circuits per light board---I'm getting new lights but -- after that I'm start building some from these parts and pieces -- I like what RE been doing -- 1,000 watts per square meter will be enough - Price for lights go up sharply above that --
Maybe some with COBB chips ?

I just want to say that growing inside in dirt is a pain!-- Everytime I water I get a RH spike that stays high for awhile -- No wonder U guys run dehumidifiers -- I'm going back to water !--- that's one problem I won't have to deal with !

Who makes white LEDs ?
I think a couple people on here use the new Mars Hydro white LED’s and like them. They are in the same price range as the King Plus units. I have a bone to pick with Mars Hydro though because I contacted them about testing their white LED’s and stupidly gave them my email address. I think they sold the address(tons of junk mail immediately after signing up and it continues over a year later) and didn’t get back to me on being a tester. 2 strikes...

Thanks OF !-- I need to do some research !-- I want good cheap LEDs - I got No problem with white -- Whatever works !-- I could do dirt but it would mean adding a dehumidifier-- I'm leaning toward drip and drain with clay balls in the base -- It would probably be easier in good dirt - but that would mean a shovel -- Too much work for me !-- It's gonna be harder in ways with water but physically it fits me better -- It won't hurt me as bad with the bad neck and all !-- My currency is pain and I'm a tight wad about how I spend my pain !--

Nephew came home at lunch and hurt my feelings !-- He had an engine and a pair of headers in the back of his truck -- I said good !-- Bout time U started building me a car -- Your truck get all slippery when U stand on it !-- I mean it looks like it would get slippery anyway - I wouldn't know ?-- Big ole tires ! -- U need some dam weight in that back end !-Maybe a railroad iron bumper ?--Get all that power to the ground !-- Turns out that big ole 350 with headers is not for me-- and-- No he ain't building U a car !-- That hurt my feelings !-Not yet anyway ?-- Oh we gonna be boring and weighing /measuring and balancing---I got something In mind !-- with a blower !--- I don't have to have NOX but the brother might need a blower ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Keef you could get some garden hose and a drill pump to move water for you. You got a power drill right? I'm almost positive they make them in food grade material if you prefer that, too.

Nov - I got plenty pumps -- I had one in each of about 12 aero boxes !-- PVC manifold sitting on top of it with micro sprayers shooting straight up -15 minutes on - 15 off - spray the roots and it falls back down for another trip --
I'm leaning toward room length drip and drain trays --4 of them-- as in 4 part rotation !-- so 4 pumps !-( in bloom )- Veg a whole nother animal !-- Hopefully I'll have better service soon and post some pics ?

I'm thinking small time commercial and I perfer clones - these seed plants are a pain but a nessassary pain -- I learnt a lot about a continuous grow - made mistakes too - There's lots of ways to do a continuous grow -- Umbra turns that garage over 5 times a year -- That is way too much trimming for me !-- I could go to something like move some stuff to bloom once a month ?-- I like my 4 part rotation of 60 day finishers in bloom -- it just fits me -- Only thing is it all centers on veg keeping up -- If veg can't keep up the rotation crumbles --Long as it runs there's maybe a long day of trimming once every 2 weeks -- This is how a cripple mind that hates to trim deals with **** !-- I'm need a trim team !

Nov-- I use a 396 gallon per hour filtered pump -- The filter is the key -- Without one --my microsprayers get plugged up !-- I do like to clone in aero !-- I'm a little lit but it goes something like this ? -- fresh cut goes into cloner -- 2 weeks I got roots -- let it veg for a month or so - dealers choice ? -depends on what size plant U want-- bigger -? - veg longer !-- then off to a 2 month bloom cycle--- So roughly what I clone today will be ready to harvest in ?--- 5 and a half months ?- call it 6 ?--( 2 weeks to dry )
Could U look and tell me what is gonna be the flavor of the week 6 months from now ?-- Make it 7 months !-- I'm sorry but it got to age some ?-- 2 weeks later we do it all over again ! -- Harvest 25% of bloom every 2 weeks !-- Rose's family trim festival got me thinking !-- What excuse can I use to get people to come trim my weed ?--

Last edited by a moderator:
U know what sounds good ?-- A big piece of grilled smoked sausage smothered in carmelized onions and peppers on a crusty chunk of french bread ?-- French bread ?-- Oh let's get all french quarter on them ?-- a split open half loaf of those baguettes smeared heavily - with Romalaude dressing then piled high with fried crawfish tails -- crowned with some shredded lettuce and tomato ?-and a little bit more dressing -- The shrimp ones work too - ( except with tartar sauce)-- ( U know about pina colada tartar sauce ?)--U need to learn about it !--- U got to mash a po-boy all together to get a bite !--Some Live Blues should be playing any moment now ?- Hold my pipe !-- I do like a Crawfish Po-Boy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back