Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's missing is a little Chevy S-10 with that 350 bored 40 over -- 3/4 cam with all that polished and balanced **** y'all do -- U got to have tunes ?--It also will need A.C. and cruise control along with a pretty purple metal flake paint job-- bigass tires
and a blower !

Edit :-- Making my Christmas list !
Sound like trouble to me...I like my 10 year old Toyota w/5spd and a 4/banger and tunes...it don’t attract attention and it just turn over 100k bout 800 ago...I’ll keep’im till he turns round again...should take a lot longer this time as I don’t go far in most cases...

My new tablet arrived today. Had to have it delivered to work cause no one home to sign. Was way to excited. Going to set it up this weekend and start surfing ‍♀️
Got the all clear from the eye surgeon yesterday but still gotta wait a few weeks to get a script for readers. Dollar Store ones in the mean time.
Have to say you all sound like scientists with all your talk about COQR or whatever it was. Totally lost me! I just put my clones in the dirt and babysit like an old hen. Some food and then switch to some ultra bloom. I’d never be able to grow inside. Way to technically challenged for that. Hope you all had a good day and everyone gets a “Get out of Jail Free” card.
Cheers!

Yes U could Cinister !-- Putting clones in dirt and doing the mother hen thing doesn't really matter whether U inside or outside ?-- We hang U some LEDs and get out your way --
Inside lots of us veg with lights on 24/7 -- So day and night don't really count-- They get to desired size U flip the lights to 12/12 -- desired size ?--- that has a lot to do with how much head room U got for your lights -- I'm just guessing but I would say most probably veg a shaped plant up to 18-24 inches then flip to bloom -- some lolipop them-- others may SCROG -- My "perverted" method - ( started to fix that spelling but decided it was proper !)-- is a 4 part bloom rotation of 60 day finishers -- Every 2 weeks 25% of bloom is moved in - after 2 months 25 % of bloom is ready for harvest and new plants from veg -- Every 2 weeks ! -- What I been doing here is growing me a harem -- I don't keep mother plants - just what I call clone lines - cloning from clones -- Is there a system for when I run what ?-- No!- When it's time to move a new group to bloom whatever is bloom ready goes - One the reasons I like my fast finishing indicas is because they don't stretch so much - They'll pretty much double in size !--

Lots of ways to do it -- Umbra turns over that garage 5 times a year !-- Not sure what Nov and Hollow Point are doing but if they haven't already they'll find a groove that fits them !-- There's no one size fits all !-

Last edited by a moderator:
Growing inside is not as hard as you might think Cinister1. Honestly, what it takes is a modest investment into equipment. Well, maybe modest for some, expensive for another? 650 on Amazon would get you right to start. And it's fun!

Heard on the radio that it was Man cook Day. I'm the only 1 who does so not much different than any other night. It's not so much what I cook, it's how I cook, lol. 1 can of Lobster bisque, 1 can lump crabmeat, 1 can bay shrimp and a couple of Pillsbury frozen milk biscuits with some old bay and cheddar cheese on top. Take 15 minutes or so. Done

My kind of meal Umbra. I found oysters in the store the other day, thought I was in heaven. They were bad. I was in tears.
Made muffins, betcha can't guess what's in 'em
20191107_211914.jpg

Throw a couple more biscuits for me in there Umbra !--
Nice article Nov -- They just don't believe in stuff like that round here !
-- $650 start up cost ?-
- My aero boxes cost about $50 each to build - each box about half square meter/yard -with 34 possible grow holes- they just bigass aero cloners -- until U start adding nutes then they become an aeroponic grow system -- I use them over and over again cycle after cycle-- 1,000 watts of light above 2 boxes for a 1 square yard grow in an environment controlled room - one room for veg --one for a 4 part bloom -build it up one square yard at a time - Still need supplies -- nute concentrates and I need RO water --add 25% ?-- On a square yard grow -- ---I'm not up to $650 yet ?-I grow in the open --No tent -No carbon filters or dehumidifiers and stuff ---nothing but fans - Just bare bones growing -- So many ways to do it though !

Keefs right, you could get bye on less than 650. If you stay in soil you can skip the meters if you're going organic. They're good to have though. Dry amendments are cheaper than bottle nutes.
Id get my water tested. That's usually a free service through your home improvement store.
My figure included genetics too.
All you need to really get started is lights and fans. You probably have everything else. You can build a room or but a tent later ☺️

I'm have to get up early tommorrow-- Stinky and Lesso been getting in some fine trolling -- This morning I was thumb typing my assoff and when I hit post-- it said thread unavailable -- I knew THG had beat me to it again and deleted them !--
bowfa diet ?- That's rich ! --

The genetics alone could break U Nov -- I got lucky when a lot of seed were passing thru my hands for awhile there -- To protect identities --I was repackaging the seed and sending them back out to other members -- I was keeping me a share of many too !-- It was a cool gig while it lasted !-- I told U !- I'm a seed hustler Cuz !-- Everything I got now came from here or descended from stuff I got here !--For instance -- That AK Thang !
( AK47-x- BBSL )- x- ( BPU-X-B.B)-- U can't buy those seed !
Who knows what it will be ?-- I would say blueberry but BBSL is another dominate terp profile -- Instead of following the pack -- I kinda went my own way --I'm looking for sparks in that AK Thang !-- Something that is different from either parent !
I can't be chasing the flavor of the week !-- So I just take the best genetics I can lay hands on--- breed some and leave some alone - Keep what works -- bring something in -- let something go --

Edit :-- and dream of exclusive control of a highly desirable plant !

My first indoor grow was in a closet too. In my mom's house trailer. It was the 2nd bedroom s closet over the built in dresser. Cubby hole room. Like 4x2x4 maybe? I hung a shop light in there. Center some beautiful bag seed in MG. Took em outside and lost em. Second run brought ants. A serious line of ants in through the back door lol. They was marching to the weed.

The genetics could definitely break you. But there's like levels to the pricing, ya know? Different breeders offer different pricing on basically the same thing or at least the same name. There's always pick n mix. That's what I did the first time I bought some. Attitudes pick n mix. Stealth shipping will kill the seed budget too. I always forget to plan for that. But I feel it's necessary.

A closet works great. You just gotta supply air.

Last edited:
Good Morning OFC....First grows huh....well mine was outdoors when I was still living on the farm...dropped a couple bag seed...we are talking 1982...got 2 females....had no ideal what was going on. They were stolen after about 6 weeks of flower....they did not even cut or pull them up....took the time to strip each limb bare and leave plants standing. I was livid of course....lesson learned! Next adventure was in 2012...30 years later.Moved indoor for stealth...made plenty of mistakes.... learned a lot since then, but still have a lot to learn.Keeping the hobby fun helps! Technology has come a long way and looks even better for the future. Nov cornbread is down home cooking...cannot go wrong with it...History note*...Early frontiersmen would carry fine ground corn meal....when you were in dangerous Indian territory and could not risk a cooking fire (white men all ways builds fire too large) ...drop a handful of the corn meal in a vessel of water...let it sit a minute and then drink it down. It could sustain you for days if needed and was the original "hair loss preventive". Smoking some fruity pebbles this morning...breakfast fruit it is!...Peace ya'll

download (1).jpg

Last edited:
Morning OFC !-- Cold and just getting daylight !-- Got caps in my belly and my beer bottle bong got a fresh bowl of Sour Dubb -- Waiting for the nephew to get out of jail --
I been trying to do the math about how much he could have been holding when he got popped -- I don't think he had but a couple joints ?-- I know soon !
Nov -- I lined up a dozen little girls from different varieties and turned Waldo my Black Berry Snow Lotus boy loose on them -- Don't breed like that -- There's some I haven't even grown yet !-- Soon as I can get set up I'm gonna probably give a bunch of seed away to make room for some other stuff -- I got a 5 c.c syringe full of blueberry Chocolate seed and I got a girl I'm cloning -- That's 2 of Umbra's I just crossed them -- (GDP-x- BPU)-x-BOC -- Also got about that many seed for what started as Rose's "Nurse Larry" ( Clone only Medicine Woman with a Larry OG dad) -- Waldo -(BBSL) got all up on that -- then later - Umbra's BPU-X-B.B fathered seed on that -- It don't have a name but I got plenty seed -- Anyway I need to package some up like I used to and send them out to make room for some new stuff --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back