Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I can promise U is I ain't trimming that much weed!-- I'm plan as if I'll end up on the river -- Got to do some cloning later anyway - 34 White Indica clones should be a good place to start ? -- Got a kayak and access to a 10 flatbottom boat - I can pick up a trolling motor or small outboard at the pawn shop !-- Gloman - So I run sugar shine all summer ?-- I can't afford everclear by the gallon ! - but --I can make it for cheap ! -- About stills I saw something the other day didn't make sense to me -- He was running thru two seperate thump kegs - -Vapor going thru one then the other !-- Why do such a thing ?

Gloman, on the SF-1000, you have to unscrew the driver as the potentiometer is on the under side and covered with a little plug....One says V adjust and one says I adjust....important to only adjust the one that says I adjust!!! The voltage needs to be 24v and is set at the factory...

Thanks yall! Sounds like a hassel.
I don't think Ill mess with it yet then.
Keef
The extra "thump" kegs or "gin baskets"are often used to infuse fruit flavors into the vapor. Also more water vapor condenses out of the vapor so you get higher proofs.

I'm pretend that went right over my head -- when I'm looking at mason jar thump kegs --I'm not necessarily thinking lab equipment -- but that's exactly what it is !
Fractional distillation- I think vertical -- but --
Them 2 mason jars are a linear fractional distillation device for sure !
!-- I'm be making ethanol for extractions so I'm thinking straight up sugar liqour ! - and might as well use a still to recover ethenol from RSO or most of it anyway !

I see while watching a couple videos about it that there are some differences in this model...the ones I have seen on the tube show only a single adjustment where mine has both a current and a voltage adjust...I haven’t changed mine either...if I want a reduce light, I usually just raise it up...good luck gman...

Thanks yall! Sounds like a hassel.
I don't think Ill mess with it yet then.
Keef
The extra "thump" kegs or "gin baskets"are often used to infuse fruit flavors into the vapor. Also more water vapor condenses out of the vapor so you get higher proofs.
I just cut up some fruit and put it in the mason jar, then fill with 190, then temper it down a might to 120 to 140

3 each in the cloner
Lemon
SD-x- BBSL
"V"-- ( golden ticket-x BOC)

I'll take NL and PH tomorrow !
One more to show - Purple Mimosa - pretty sure she's a girl !- just need overwhelming evidence before I clone her !-- That's it for the mudhole !--

5lbs fruit couple pounds of sugar-- my yeast --ferment in the grow room till it is dry-- put it in the freezer overnight -- stab a hole in that frozen 5 gallon bucket of ice next day and pour out my fruit brandy - I 'll do that to my sugar liqour then distill the condensed alcohol in the mash -- bigger return per run !

Other Keef pushing the envelope with that boy !-- Oh he close !-- Do U feel lucky Punk ?-- -- 1 more day and he go back to veg ! -- (WI-x- BBSL)-x- (SD-x-BBSL)-- Mudhole weed !-- It will be able to hold it's own - probably something to be proud of too !-- Gonna be a Big Pink Hammer !-- The pink will be there-- probably common among the seed -- I'll find it !

Thanks 2RE
I'm gonna leave it alone. Was thinking about using it part time in veg box but I think Ill just get another light for it.

Distilling alcohol is encouraged as alternate fuel in some states and perfectly legal (for personal use) while other states will lock you up for even owning unregistered still components.
Its all about the Benjamin's!

Texas ?-- Let me guess ?-- So that means I should make a still look like something it's not ?-- Then put it right out there in front of God and everybody !-- This gonna take some thought !-- Make it look like a junk car ? -- It can be done !--Maybe an old truck with a big tank built into the bed ?- They used to use it to transport some kind of fluid around at the oil field-- I'm restore it one day !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal !-- My eye still sticky and not focusing well !- - Padre-- I guess U gonna need another light !-- veg and bloom and we'll get U to cloning and a continuous grow !

Oh definitely. I'm thinking T5 might be least expensive for veg or flower? What do you guys think

Texas ?-- Let me guess ?-- So that means I should make a still look like something it's not ?-- Then put it right out there in front of God and everybody !-- This gonna take some thought !-- Make it look like a junk car ? -- It can be done !--Maybe an old truck with a big tank built into the bed ?- They used to use it to transport some kind of fluid around at the oil field-- I'm restore it one day !

Sounds like you got all figured out.

Ok, at the risk of letting everyone know I'm a total moron sometimes, how do you dim the sf1000? Is there a special dimmer for led's?

If it's like the Mars, the driver it has a little hole on top covered by a little plastic plug.
Put a thin flathead screwdriver (type for glasses), in the hole and turn it to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back