Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biff
I use 1 king 1500w along with a king 1200w and a sf1000.
All in a 5x8 enclosure. I may pick up a couple 4' strips for the edges
You want to be sure you have plenty of light.

Thanks Gloman, When they come out of the 3x3 I'll have another 1500W plus three 300W lights in the 4x6. Hope that does it otherwise I can buy more Lumens (I know how to do that!).

Afternoon ofc. It's 40* today and sunny. Seen a dude on a crotch rocket gettin it on the shoreway. He crazy.
Hi Biff. I'm using King lighting too. I have two 1500's in a 5x5. I feel like I could use almost twice as much light. But they do the job pretty darn well. Your harvest may not be that heavy. But you can work on that and figure it out. That's where I'm at with them, trying to get the most out of them.

Been hauling water !- U know I hate hauling water ?-- Done about all I can do to this chaos of a grow !-
I missed 4:20 !- Got some catching up to do !- Umbra out there breaking trail with his electric peanut butter sandwich!- - I'll do best I can to keep up !-
Between drizzles in the mudhole !- Wind starting to pick up some !- My broken face say we got a storm coming ! -

Ride it Umbra !- Ain't like U can stop it now !- U gotta make the buzzer !--

Booker T and the MGs !- Green Onions !- Always helps me slide into the groove when and edible dose is kicking in !

Me ?-- I got problems!- Got the sticky - icky on my finger and rubbed my eye !- I know better than this !- It's like fire !
Am I gonna die ?-- Feels like I might !- It won't stop !--

Afternoon ofc. It's 40* today and sunny. Seen a dude on a crotch rocket gettin it on the shoreway. He crazy.
Hi Biff. I'm using King lighting too. I have two 1500's in a 5x5. I feel like I could use almost twice as much light. But they do the job pretty darn well. Your harvest may not be that heavy. But you can work on that and figure it out. That's where I'm at with them, trying to get the most out of them.

40s sounds wonderful to me, haven't seen that for months. It did get to 20 something today after -6 last night. I'd complain but if it warms up, it snows...

Dam Biff !- I can't do that kinda cold anymore !-- Down here by Houston - I got the door open and swatting the occasional mosquito!- - 71 degrees here - Overcast with heavy rain coming !-- I think we in full on spring here!--I already put a few plants outside planning more -- I want me some hash this fall and it's not like I can run down to the weed store and buy some !-- The ducks are starting to form up for a trip north !

Lesso, i hope your the cute black guy. lol... the scary guy at the end?

So how's the peeps? Sun been shining for two days @50 degrees. Rosebud is happy again. I pruned about 5 roses yesterday in the back yard. I raked and weeded and smoked pot the whole time and it was big fun, i gotta say.

So we are down to two weeks for the na kids. They are having a big party when they leave. I told her we wouldn't go to that but would go to their year anniversary at na. She said we had to go. so I guess we will. I am excited for them to get to go home. She has kids and they are cute and miss her although i don't know if they ever lived together. The man's mom and I talked for the first time. i told her he was a southern gentleman that was raised well. She cried, i don't think anyone has ever told her anything good about him. thats the news from lake wobegone where all the mom's are stoned.

Heat wave! A couple degrees above freezing. A few tall blades of grass are barely peeking out from the snow melt. Sprig is cubbing!

I brought out a loupe to look at a frosty bud of my first baby. White and icy . This is the first time I have ever had a chance to see this. I could make a habit out of this. Addicting.. not that I have any problems cause I can quit looking any time. I'll prove it too in a few minutes.

I still have a month until chop. Ides of March. The second and third are coming too. An April fool, and a tax due day, too. Eventually I'm timing my next plant to smoothly slide in the rotation. Here's a question. Seeds seem to be delayed a few weeks compared to taking clones. Right or wrong or it's complicated and maybe? I'm switching to 6 to 8 week strains if that factors in.

Lesso, are you the bell ringer?

Last edited:
Dax -- Maybe it's just me but seed plants seem to take longer to kick into bloom than clones do ?- I like my clones !
Good luck getting that rotation set up - Goodness knows it took me several tries to get it to work !- My biggest problem was I was sucking too many clones out too small a veg space too fast !- Get your veg built up !-- U can always shove another one in bloom if it gets ahead of U !-- I gotta find my loop !-- This big magnifier just ain't enough -

Ride of the Valkaries- Scene from Apocalypse Now !- Suzie Q got this stared this morning !

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't know but I might be able to douse a map and find U ?- or close enough ! - but --Close only counts in hand grenades - horse shoes and storms !-- U can't trust a dam storm !- U think U in the clear then it starts chunking tornados at U !-
What was I saying ?- Dam weed !- I had something on my mind - not anymore !

Good morning old fart and new old farts...hey biff welcome aboard...
Hmmm, I seem to do this more often than not...forget to hit the send button, so here is my morning greeting and mayhaps good night all in one, we’ll have to see...
Glad you got out in the sun Rose!!! I did too, turned over my compost pile and pulled a few weeds...all while smoking a few weeds...I remember my dad working around the garden and house when he was old, wearing a back support that was attached to a pair of suspenders...I’m not wearing the suspenders but I have the back support on and it feels good...giving me a bit of relief from the back pain and letting me get a little bit of work done...taking it slow just the same...Mid sixties here in NCal...Still got a month or so before the sun gets high enough to see into my back yard garden but it’s ready to go when that happens...well, I’m gonna try and remember to hit the send button now and I may just go to bed...we see...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back