Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ofc...sorry bout all that cold weather y’all are havin...not much happening weather wise here in NCal...weird, my weather app shows one snowy day, this coming Sunday with many sunshiny days on both ends...I doubt the truth of that....ride in style there Barny...

Mornin' OFC! It's a beautiful, sunny and dry day here on the Western Slope! In a word, Magnificent! and um ... My ladies are beginning to (pardon the expression) STANK(!) over here. I took down the light curtain about an hour after they woke up; that sweet aroma becoming apparent when I opened the door. mm-mm GOOD!
Lookin' Good, there Barney! Hang in there ....

I see the Dow down another 800 points and got 2 more hours ?

25lbs -- Salt
25lbs -- Sugar
25 lbs -- Flour
25 lbs --corn meal
25lbs -- Rice
25 lbs -- beans
Big bag bread yeast
5 gallons - oil of choice
Raid the spice isle !-
Big slab - Salt pork (belly )
Big bag loose tea
Big- big bag coffee
Am I forgetting something ?
Big Propane tank full ?
They sell dried veggies/fruit at the big box store ?
We gonna need a bigger basket ?

Just making a list !

Edit :-- Other Keef -- Just cause we can make fire with a bow drill don't mean we have to do it !-- - U better have enough lighters / matches ?- I don't care !- Put it on the list !

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dow is bi-polar and spooks easily. It is also curmudgeonly dumb. Each market has its own personality. The most conservative generally are the ones who buy the Dow. I don't have much agreement or in common with Dow buyers.

U right but that ain't why I try to keep up with the indexes !-- Rich man's company lose money in the market ?-- Rich man gonna want his money back !- Learned about plumbing from my little brother !- **** run down hill !- Whatever that company make or produce ? - The price just went up for me and U !--Lost 2,500 points this week -- The others lost in proportion -- There will be few goods imported -- Things grind to a halt or almost --life don't go on as usual-- maybe months !-- Most our medicine made in China ?-- I'm not screaming gloom and doom-- it will pass !
But be easier if U were prepared ?

Edit :-- The oracles don't see a way forward that don't go thru the darkness !

As I 'splaned earlier, I've been off on vacation and have been working hard on catching up on the drudge while doing my best to ignore the market and covid19. So it came as a total surprise when I checked my little budlets and found them wearing a lot of orange! A quick trip into town for a maget finder and I found that a lot of those little tri-thingies were in fact cloudy. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I think it's harvest time...

gday OFC , 3rd day of rain here , bring back summer , so called expert on TV this morning sed every body will eventually get corona due to lack of full travel bans , something to look forward to , better start on the bucket list ,have a great day

Afternoon Farmers....Been a splendid day here...lots of Sun and business is crisp. Got the 4:20 pipe burning....ya'll have a blast of Candy Cream....it will smooth the ruff edges off...I need it ...made 22 typo's just now!

images (2).png

Its Always best to have a back up plan for food, water and shelter just in case but those who live in big cities will probably be the worst hit. Out here in the stix it won't get that bad. We can take the zombies out at a distance. :)

Billy-- Welcome to the OFC !-- How did I miss U ?-- I get high sometimes !

Crocket - I never know whether to say good morning or good night !- I'm have to start using G'day instead ?-- Got down to freezing last night for probably less than an a hour !- That's cold to me !-- In South East Texas we don't get this cold that often !-- It's not So much about getting the Carona -I probably survive it - There's no goods being shipped world wide -- Stock Market is crashing !--Don't go to work ?- How people gonna keep the power on and pay bills ?-- The economic impact is what's gonna hurt !

Edit -- I know what Black Triangle -x- London Bridge means but wonder what -
NL #5-x- ECSD-x- Grape Ape - x- London Bridges mean ?-The ECSD part anyway ?- Is that just the long way of saying -- Dank da dank -dank ?

I got dirt under my finger nails Nick !- It won't hurt for U to get a little wet !- Same nute formula that work in RDWC will work in any water farming technique!- I DWC some tomatoes and peppers one time in used nute water !- They liked it !- Then They got totally out of control !- So I kilt them !-- Already found out what I set out to learn anyway !

Edit -- Nick that looks a lot like what I been calling recirculating drip and drain ?- Didn't know it had a name ?-- Cool !--

Had the door to the trailer open today with the doggie door up !-- Tree rat ( squirrel) was tempting Jet !- He got up on his launch platform - I convinced him if he jumped I was gonna beat hisass !-- He thought about it a minute !- He ain't scared !--Lucky for me the squirrel went away !- - Anytime I spank him - He bleeds me with those needle teeth !- I don't want that anymore than him !- It be like petting the blade on a running chainsaw !-

Gloman's patented "Hand Sanitizer" -- Is fruity whiskey scented !-- and flavored !-
It's a duel purpose product !- It also serves as a nerve tonic !- In small oral doses !- Best sipped to retard virus getting to U thru your mouth !-

Good luck nick, I tried that and failed...I do have a bit of success doing water in coco chips but that is drip and drain where the roots are in the chips instead of the water...don’t know why I couldn’t get the dwc thing workin...coulda just been the nutes I was using at the time but I fried’m...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back