Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an item I found years ago scrounging around Silver City Idaho...Silver City was a ghost town in the late 50’s...don’t know what it’s like now...my dad was into gems and minerals and my mother liked collecting old bottles and such which is why we were there looking around while on vacation...I’ve been carrying this around ever since...don’t have an idea about what model it is but fun to think about and make up stories about how it got here and what it ha$ been used for...
D95FCC21-B55D-433D-8E83-9C41C5F65AFD.jpeg

Last edited:
My sister lives in central Oregon and is currently going thru chemotherapy for cancer recently removed...So this whole thing is not good for her since her immune system has been crashed by that treatment...Her husband recently went out for cleaning and disinfectant products and found mostly empty stores, Wally World and Safeway...So while talking to the store personnel he was overheard by a woman and her daughter who said they had extra of things at home to spare and would gladly share...he offered to pay but they wouldn’t accept it...nice to find people willing to help others in need...Also good to highlight kindness when it happens...

Went outside to watch clouds move west or north to collide. They are moving fast and that ugly green shade. Tornados are close. They are past our house but north of us is in the crosshairs. The weather was unseasonably warm suddenly around 1-2. The Weather team showed flags flying in different directions and standing straight out.

Mother Nature.

Good Morning OFC...We had a lite shower last night about 11:30...it was fast moving and was less than a tenth of rain. Those Schofields were copied by a few countries(Spain Mexico and Italy to start) and 44,000 were made for Russia...not to mention it has been produced as reproductions as well. The pic 2re has is a pinned version...actual gun he has is screwed version...diff manufacturer most likely...the Belgium made one would have been top of the line. The US Army knew them as Model 3's...Schofield designed it to be reloaded by a Calvary Man while in full gallop. Nick could that be a Colt Navy .36 reproduction.."Jose Wales" gun?...ever notice the lack of discharging BP guns in Westerns...they lead you to believe you loaded the thing on Monday and it was good all week...most discharged their guns daily to load fresh charges...BP and a bit of moisture would get you killed in a flash. I do not have any old firearms...my BiL does the old stuff...he is a 1911 expert...he does know his old weapons. I do have a couple Model 11's Remington's with family ties..one is sporting and the other is a 1938 shore patrol offering...20 inch barrel...these old shotgun look like Browning's..long story on a Patent is why they look like Browning's. Guess it is off for resupply...seeing a lot more folks wearing mask and gloves here now...heavy on the women side...men gotta be tough I guess. $.89 per gallon...now that is something not seen in decades other than promotions...guess we will be seeing lots of new things in the future...Enjoy your day...Peace ya'll.

Last edited:
Since we are doing guns lol...could not find a pic of an Mod 11 Rem SP online...that is how rare they are getting...sooo I drug mine out...the Stainless Mini Thirty with Archangel stock is for size reference. The Mod 11 was a Sheriff Office gun and probably sold from Navy as surplus...cannot disclose how I came to own it !. That is original recoil pad on the Rem...they made things to last back then.

IMG_20200329_051213817_27.jpg IMG_20200329_051141910_27.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning all.

Yesterday's rain had the worms on the street for air. The ground has thawed. The earliest buds on trees are forming. Everyone is well. All the buildings are still standing after the winds. Spring temperatures highs are up to the fifties. I was able to take a hike in short sleeve shirt yesterday.

I cut down a runt plant yesterday. Too many plants, not enough light to go around. It has some nice buds so not a total loss. It's pair will get the same in a few more days. I want to test more amber trichromes. There were no seeds, so Herm left it alone. The clones are going to want some room and more light soon.

I have one closet cleaned and seeded a Humboldt Blue Dream fem. I have some new high quality (MP) seeds of unknown gender that will be planted today. Then if all goes well, more seeds.

Thank U much. Stay well everyone.

Morning OFC! Good history lesson HP. I'll be honest, most of my knowledge of those old early pistols comes from TV, movies and books! Old westerns and civil war flicks. The frame on that thing just didn't resemble a Schofield to me, but, I don't know much and it's a picture. Concerning 1911's, they are no longer the service pistol. We've gone to Glock! I think that happened last summer.

Back to weed from me for now. All my seedlings are up and about! Even the Pink Lady apple trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back