Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Burnin1 send me one them nuggets like U gonna find !

Umbra can hydroponics be organic ?-- Oxygenated swamp water is bout as organic as U can get ?-- Just a splash of EM1 and a tiny bit of nutes as they bloom !-- Swamp Water Aeroponics !--
Tolt the realtor -- Loose the hounds !

Me Treasure Chest!
20200414_132200.jpg

Hey Burnin1 send me one them nuggets like U gonna find !

Umbra can hydroponics be organic ?-- Oxygenated swamp water is bout as organic as U can get ?-- Just a splash of EM1 and a tiny bit of nutes as they bloom !-- Swamp Water Aeroponics !--
Tolt the realtor -- Loose the hounds !
The USDA says yes there is an organic hydroponic certification that they give.

Aquaponics would be with the fish. Hamster Lewis has a good thread stickied on it!

Edits: actually, that's not stickied. It's a link to a Facebook group that then gets you in a mailing list with a bunch of info.
It's still cool stuff. I think it comes from Down Under.

Last edited:
Well what ever it will be no one can truly say at this point...but there will be changes...that is an easy one. Folks bought so many garden veggie transplants this past weekend they have run out in this area. Bonnie has restocked mostly but they are about 7 days post germination...and they want full price for these sprouts! I am continuing to drop new garden selections...long green beans today...looking for Japanese cucumber seeds next...work day was pleasant...learned a new trick...usually the tech guy shows it 20 questions time or fix all my problems time...show up in mask and gloves...then cough weakly a few times...they all scatter to back of house!...Fire it up popsicles...its about to go down.

images (14).jpg

Wait !-- OK !- I'm in !-- Put a celery heart in an aero basket once and dropped it in a grow hole beside the Thyme -- Oragano - Basil and Rosemary I cloned off the produce isle!
It rooted and grew !
Better be dead --dead when I get a hold of it or I might just grow me some ?
Looking at a pineapple right now -- don't look dead to me ?

I need some country people and them that know how to build **** give me some feed back ?-- Back in the thicket power could be a problem sometimes !-- If a fellow was to take one them above ground propane tanks and emptied it removed the fittings and all -- Put it over a fire pit -- filled it with water - Put a steam line coming out of it -- What kind of a device would he use to make that steam turn auto alternators ?-- Something like an air motor from a pneumatic drill ?-- I got a feeling power outages might get common !-- Ain't no body fixing da **** !-

Edit I guess what I'm trying to figure out is can an alternator produce enough power when ran thru an Auto battery and inverted to A.C. to run a LED ? Cause I know some ways to turn an alternator !

Last edited by a moderator:
You going off the Grid?
Not necessary to grow weed in Texas Bro. Country boys dont get busted for growing weed,,they get busted for talking to much.
You been growing with no problems,, so i get needing backup electricity,,but hopefully you wont need it except for emergency. Why not a cheap generator?

Had a generator after Katrina -- Lasted about 2 hours -- Never ran again -- In post Katrina people spent thier days chasing gas for thier generators -- I ran a fan --a radio and a lamp off my car battery for 2 weeks thru a cheap inverter --Run one car down jump it off the other then switch to the other car - let #1 recharge !-

Even hooked up a cheap small tv to it once and climbed on the roof to hook it up to an old antenna-- Then we sat and cried as we watched what had/was happening in New Orleans -- Last we heard NO had dodged the bullet -- Guess not ? -- Never seen leaves blowed off trees like that before !-- Same state of shock coming to the whole country !

Edit -- People laugh when I say the 2 bags of ice I scored about day 9 or 10 was the most important score of my life !-- If U woulda been there U would understand !
That was my turning point- I knew we were coming out the swamp on our own 2 feet !-- I was in pretty bad shape ! - Best dam glass of ice water ever !

Katrina left a lasting impression on me about being able to make power !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back