Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were planning on running from Katrina by the time the ex got home from work took 3 hours for a 45 minute trip --
The highway was at a standstill -- Face Katrina on the road in a car or ride it out at home were our options -- We made the right decision !-- That aid truck with the ice was the 1st thing to make it into the hood after the storm -- U couldn't see the road because of the trees across it -- We were cutting our way out the hood when they got to us !

We gutted, dried, and rebuilt two houses with a little Honda camping gen. Then it was also our camping electrical source while camping in the back of the truck in the backyard. That's when I learned about preps.

Since then, I purchased a second gen and a harness to hook up for 220v. And soundproofing.

And moved to high ground.

Yo keef!
Get you a nice gas carburated generator. Stock pile gas and make ethanol. 85%alcohol 15%gas. Just a little adjusting on the carb and you're gold.
15gal gas, 85gal ethanol=100gal fuel. Charge a lot of batteries and run a lot of light on 100 gal.

Sound like a plan Gloman !-- Fuel mean power --
Dax -- I built my version of the Baghdad Battery outta PVC-- A copper coil and a steel bolt in a slightly acidic or alkaline solution - such as sea water or grape juice were positive and negative at about 3 volts low amps !-- Built 24 of them hooked up in series and consecutively to produce a 12 volt trickle charger !-- made more than a trickle !

Edit - Baghdad Battery was found in the Baghdad area and was 2,000 years old !
It's not really a battery it needs no charging !

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm high - high - Why not ?-- a current runs between the steel /iron and copper /brass -- So a ring of one with a button of the other in the center - brass ring /steel button -- would produce a current when submerged in salt water -- Thousands of rings and buttons on the bottom of a boat hull connected properly would produce power for said boat !-- Electric Boat need no fuel !

Edit -Told U I had some idiot / savant traits - Boat that makes It's own power ?- Cube the size of a fridge would power a house ?- I have no right to know these things !

On a test of the Bliss -Leavit Mark 7 a rudder got stuck and the one ton torpedo leaped over 40 feet out the water -- I'm double the power and put it on a light water craft - one that goes under -on - or above the water -- Still don't have a name or design for such a craft !--
Something like a fish that flies ?

Smokin some good sheeeet tonite!
wow.jpg

Internal combustion engine got this thing U can't get around - Power cost U weight !- That does not apply to a steam generator !-- I want 500 foot pounds of torque outta something weigh half as much as it should with an internal combustion engine !-- That steam generator ?-- Wet Heat --got no moving parts !

Plum Crazy ?-- I knew it was something like that !

Don't hurt my feelings none !-- Got a traumatic brain injury -- I celebrate my crazy !-- Plum Crazy ? --- I can see that in gold letters on the side of a purple Chevy S-10 !

I clocked out at 330p and it is 1130p and I'm not getting an on call stipend and guess what, I've JUST finished walking my most trusted second shift tech through a process development on parts that have to be mailed out tomorrow for destructive testing and we have to pass or very bad things will happen, except this is literally THE FIRST TIME WE'VE RUN IT.
Done. Gonna go curl up on my heated rock now and catch some zzz.
depositphotos_8195360-stock-photo-sleeping-iguana.jpg

Actual selfie

Last edited:
It would be something built mostly to piss people off - blueprinted engine - matching pistols -- rods and all -- polished ports -- Maybe bored out little bit ?-- That's all for the canic to figure out !- I just be mostly standing on it !-- Probably work better as a trick car if it was something that didn't look so good ?-- but the peacock got to shake his tail feathers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back