Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of the morning OFC. (bong hit) Keef, sure glad that rain has left TX. Did, you get it bad? It was an aggravating day yesterday. Today, seems it's going to be the same. Got to get out of this frame of mine. Time to meditate. Still, haven't try to take pictures with cell phone camera. Working on that today. Burn1, I like your little pictures you post.:cool: RE, your picture of mj looks yummy. The alligator leaves are pretty. Having those alligator leaves mean the plant is healthy, right? My, seedling have the alligator leafs. Need, coffee and a bowl. Then, water the little devils.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keef, I have well water, but it's tapped into a nice spring. Tj was told it was one of the best spring water around. Been, meaning to get it tested. What happens if you boil the water before using? I know it done not take out the mineral when you boil it. But, it does get rid of the bacteria, and bugs. I can't buy distilled because I don't want the attention. I guess, I could go to different stores that would help me. Thinking of saving for one of those filter watering filters for ROS. That's in the future. Time to go outside before it gets to hot. (bolt)

Hello Fellow gardeners. It is a great day to have a great day!

giphy.gif

Good morning y'all!
I'm going to be harvesting these 2 GT X BOC X BBSL soon and I need some pointers on drying and curing.
I've been afraid of over drying in the past and ended up getting mold in the jars.
Does anybody here use those bovida humidity packs?
How dry should the buds be before jarring them?

G'day folks. Keef its still raining cats an dogs here. We could do with less. I can see why you was flooded. Glo, in the short, I hate Bovida packs. In the lil more detailed, here's what I do. I hang em on the stem but rough trimmed. I do my best to maintain humidity at roughly 50% and in the summer at 75-76 degrees that usually takes about 5-6 days. Then I cut it off the stems and put it in plastic bins to "sweat". I open the bins about 2-3 times a day until the buds are nice and crisp. Then you can jar em right on up.

You will have a tough time getting fresh bud into a jar in under a month if you plan on storing it for any length of time. And every time I ever used a bovida pack on my nice jar cured bud, it turned nice crisp buds into these spongey mushy things I hated.

My opinion is only mine but I think bovida packs are good for making brickweed looks better then it is.

Awright OFC! Cleaned up all my messes from yesterday’s bizness and it’s Friday afternoon...I’m high and I’m off....

It’s about 98 degrees out there in the garden...notice I said “out there” and out there, I ain’t...I’m thinkin that may be a contributing factor to the small stature of my plants...it’s been nearing this temp now for several weeks...I go thru the garden in the afternoon, just to make sure nothing is weeping but I’m inside soon after...

Gloman about drying-- Humidity in my grow room runs about 47-50 % all da time since I got no exposed water -- So when I harvest I trim green then hang the plant from my light rack !-- After about a week or so when they feel dry ( but I know they not )-- I trim the bud off the stalk and put the bud loosely in a jar !-- Without a lid !-- I turn the jar upside down and dump them in an empty jar every day or 2 at first -- More often early then less often as they dry more -- When I think they dry I put a lid on and burp them once in awhile but always look for any moisture on the glass of the jar and turn them by dumping them in another jar so what was on the bottom is now at the top !-- I have any doubt I take the lid back off for a few days !-- Did any of that make any sense ?--I been running low on weed but ran across a chunk of hash and it is good hash !
Ness --well water will work great use it right out the tap !-- Don't worry about bacteria might be in it -- It's plenty clean !-- I add thousands of kinds of beneficial bacteria to my boxes !-- There lots of kinds of water pharming but U either run a live reservoir or a chemical reservoir !-- Mine is alive with good bugs !-- You'll do just fine out the tap !

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have my girl from these yet !-- Don't say nothing !-- I got a head injury !-- Why not ?- The rune stones and the tarot cards both say -- DO IT !-- Who am I to doubt the oracles?
20180622_202526.jpg

Was it Gloman said he wanted to set up a place to do some breeding ?-- Cuz dat sheet will give U headaches !-- I kinda got several different things going on at the same time -- I ain't no breeder - -- All I know bout breeding comes from 2 years of high school FFA !
Bet they never woulda thunk I'd remember what hybrid vigor meant but I do !
Anyway -- I got a problem !-- I want a fine lemon !--
I got seed to 3 lemons -- Squish-x- Oregon Lemon-- Which I bred to BlackBerry Snow Lotus-- And I got this triple lemon sprouting right now !--
That is good hash !
Wait I got S-x-OL bred to B.B. King too !--
Anyway just because I cut a girl out the herd don't mean they all like her !-- So U gotta be willing to smoke a lot of weed and and maybe go thru several girls from each cross to find what U looking for !-- I'm a cloner so I'm looking for that one plant !-- Got no way to test except the pipe !-- Got to rely on what it do to me !-- Like an Easter egg hunt and some them eggs are gold !-Except to me ? -- It ain't the golden eggs I want !-- I want the goose that lay them golden eggs !
- Surrender to the Madness !--
It's the luck of the draw but when U find what U looking for she still got to be alive to clone !-- If she is ?- An angel get it's wings !--

And another thing !-- Screw some boveda packs !- It's about time someone invent a strip U put in a jar that tells U the humidity in the jar all the time !-- No more guessing !-- Maybe some kind of color changing sheet like a thermometer except for humidity !

Morning O.F.C. -- It's dark !-- When the old body says get up ?-- Just do it !-- Umbra I can see a use for those but they way to expensive and they won't fit on a turkey bag !-- Another thing ?-- Sometimes it's best not to know much about some things!-- Might be a few people ordering them some lids this morning !
Wake and Bake-- Let's do this day !-- Yesterday I didn't do nothing !--( that I'll ever be able to take credit for !)
Still dark out there !

Good morning OFC. Thank you, Keef, that helps. Wake and Bake it is. I took pictures of the small crop on cell, now I got to learn how to post them. I'm looking up the manual for the camera today. Rose, good morning, you got your coffee and bowl going yet. (joint, pass, pass)

Thursday, when I went to take a test to get into DUI class. I met some of the people, and I'm telling you, They were straight up forward on being gay. And, this one lady talk about smoking pot. I think it was entrapment. I didn't say nothing. And, to top it off the person who ran the DUI school, also works at my clinic, I go to and they test my urine. Come to think of it. They have tested my urine twice and I know it test +. I sure am not looking forward to any trouble. I do use mj for sleep, but I don't think that is enough to get a MML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back