Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home grown potato soup and 2pcs. toast.
I do love all the fresh ripe produce this time of year, but honestly, I've had enuff veggies for a while. I need some red meat! Grunt Grunt Howel!:)

Keef
My peach wine took off again. I added that gal of water and its bubbling like crazy again.
May have to make brandy out of it. Peoria has a brew supply that carries the flavorings too.
Why couldn't a guy make sugar wine and add flavorings?

I don't know Gloman ! -Sugar shine is the easiest to make !--Water- sugar and yeast -- Then cook it off !-- - I think Boones Farms and Mad Dog be made from sugar liqour Then some wine is just flavored grape wine - I haven't made any grape wine because that's what everybody else does !--
Easiest way to make fruit wine is with a juice concentrate -- I perfer real fruit but I like to use a sweet fruit concentrate to sweeten it !-- Add one more layer of fruit flavor too !-- Help balance out that alcohol bite !-- A little lemon juice ( or citric acid ) helps the fruit flavor pop too !

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose an enterprising person with a set of flavorings could run up a tank of sugar shine -- Then mix it up to order ?-- 100 proof !--gallon of whiskey -- gallon of gin-- gallon of rum-- gallon of Vodka--gallon of Green Dragon -- They sell all those flavorings !-- Except for that last one ?

I'm have to find me a couple bottles of that fruit punch concentrate like the used to sell ! -- Hawaiian Punch and Delaware Punch ?-- I never fermented any of that yet !

Served with a Deep Steak ?-- I finally figured it out !-- I think a deep steak is a center cut of aged Prime Rib about 2 inches thick !-- On the rare side with that dip made from the drippings !-- I could go for a deep steak right about now !-- Hold the baked potato !

Knock off the horns, wipe it's rear end, pass it over a hot fire and serve that beast up.
A fork and sharp knife and maybe a little A-1. I'd be a happy camper!

One day I want a smoker big enough to do whole hog !-- I never cooked a whole hog before but I bet I could ?-- Turn that skin right into cracklins as it cook !
Gloman ask why I was interested in 100 lbs miniature cows ?-- If a whole hog will fit on the pit then I reacon I'll be doing whole cow one day ?
Told Rose I was gonna get me some chickens when I get settled !--I think she thought maybe it was some zen thing communing with the chickens or something !-- I had some Brahma chickens in mind then I found out about Jersey Giants were bigger !--

Keef what dahell are U gonna do with 25 lb chickens ?- -- Zen on the pit!---- Big --Bac Bac !-- Legs big as a turkey !-- I can burn some bird !

Smoked n drank dinner this evening...but we’ll eat on the morrow...fer sure

Good morning y'all.
Well, I stripped most of the tomatos and picked all the squash. Next the rest of the Lima beans then wait on the watermelons and I'm Done.
It was a good year and I got to give lots of food to those who needed it. To me, That's what makes it all worthwhile. However, next year not so much.:eek:

Good morning OFC. Weather has cooled quite a bit. Glad son in NC is inland. He said they are getting plenty of rain and wind but no flooding yet.

Good morning OFC
good-day-16.gif

Morning O.F.C.!-- Still storming off and on --tropical disturbance bringing lots of rain !-- I'm good !-- Got no reason to go out in it !-- I saw those people in NC and SC planning a hurricane party !-- My guess is it wasn't near as much fun as they expected !-- If they survived it there won't be no more hurricane parties !-- A hurricane is some serious sheet ain't no time to party !-- I see they still fishing them out the flooded areas this morning !-- The Cajun Navy already at it !-- Since Katrina they show up during every hurricane and haul people in off they roof or whatever !--

More coffee and another toke or 2 ?--
I been thru my share of hurricanes and each time I learned more about what makes it easier!-- Generators are a false hope -- You'll run out won't be able to get more gas !-- Disposable batteries are the same way -- U need stuff that can be recharged !-- Also have 2 of everything U can !-- 12 volt marine batteries and a 12 volt solar panel to charge it !-- got to have jumper cables !- If U run down the 12 marine batteries U can haul them out to the car and recharge them off the car battery !--DC/AC power inverter turns the 12 bolt battery power into 110 AC household power !-- It is a reliable power source !-- Got to have a gas grill and an extra tank of propane !--Couple cases of Meals Ready to Eat (MREs)--canned and box food are a must !-- MREs come with a chemical heater that will heat your food !-- If U don't have access to clean water U in trouble !-- U got to have a water purification kit or know how to purify it !-- An ax !-- A radio -a fan or 2 - it can get hot !-- The cell towers usually go down so U can't call for help or anything else !--That's why U got that sawed off pump 12 gauge !-- U can have anything anything U want but U better not take it from me!---A night vision device would come in handy -- The phone has a flashlight that'll come in handy !-
Your freezer will begin to thaw after a couple days -- Time to start smoking meat !-- Old Stoners always got a lighter around but everyone needs to be able to make fire one way or another !--

Manafort flipped and will cooperate ! -- Damm !-They getting awful close to the 1st family !-- Best thing he can do is make a deal and quit before they come for Junior and the rest !

Whoo Hoo!
I just learned Illinois recinded the background checks.
Now I can get a medical card from the state I live in!
Its still illegal to grow but its a step in the right direction.

I hate U Cuz !-- Not really -- I'm just jealous !-- My time is coming soon !--They Probably do something in Texas right after the 1st of the year !-- I would most certainly would want a card but I also want a small commercial grow !--
Not sure how I'm get there yet but I'm working on it !-- There's lots of towns and cities in Texas and running the grow end of a weed pharmacy in a modest town as one of several pharmacies would be a win for me !-- I don't know how to go part way so I aimed big !-- State wide the people in the pro legal weed movement and organizations knows about Keef and the OFC !-- Cause I dropped the dime !-- So when someone gets serious about putting a weed business together and ask if these people know they can find experienced growers ?-- They'll know about me !-- I'm toxic right now because U get busted U may be banned from the legal weed business when it happens !-- The best way to show your connection to the weed world and credibility would be to link yourself to it thru a partner with those connections !-- For instance -- Pain management doctors !--Get paid to write the recommendation /script or whatever then send U to thier pharmacy to buy the weed !-- Doctors ain't dumb and they greedy so of course they dream of something like that !-- Getting paid on both ends !--They'll come to me sooner or later !- Soon as one of them gets up the nerve to make contact thru the OFC !
I'm grow a bunch of dank !-- I'll take it from seed to retail packaged product !-- The weed must flow !

Yard guy showed up today finally. It wuz starting to look like a hayfield around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back