Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mom used to volunteer at a Thrift Store. I bought some cool stuff there. I once bought two boxes of baseball cards and I don't even collect them. It was a great deal he he

I saw "Paint Your Wagon" on the big screen on my B-day in my youth. I don't really watch musicals, but I have always liked that one.

I am with you Rose. Amazon is where I do most of my shopping. Besides there are no stores close by where I live.

I am still putting off making bubble hash. I had better get going on that one of these days. I would almost pay someone to do that for me... ugh

Time for me to take a few tokes and watch some TV.

th

That movie came out the year I graduated high school, 1969...watching it tonight makes me think, as fun as it is, they could’a done with a few less and shorter tunes...Still funny but it moves along slowly...
Maybe that’s just a hazard of the times...funnier if you enjoy a fattie while it’s starting...

Good Morning OFC!
Well it happened. We got about 1 1/2" of snow over night.
I DO remember when I liked the snow but I was young and apparently quite stupid back then. lol
I was gonna harvest a turkey out of our flock this year but I'm not sure I want to go thru all that for a bird. Maybe Ill just buy one ready to cook. :)

Good morning!

There is a flock of 16 wild turkeys that roost in the trees behind my house at night. My cat tried to stalk them once and they chased her off. She does not want anything to do with them now and avoids them. ha ha
I am with you Gloman. It is easy to buy a turkey and they can relatively inexpensive this time of year. I think the turkeys roost here at night because I have never bothered them.

Attachments

• turkeys.JPG
    turkeys.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 16
Morning OFC...Cold and darkness outside..
I'm with ya glowman use too love the snow, still do long as it stays in the mountains..
Yep I would buy the turkey lot of work to kill and dress one.
Wake and bake my friends smokin on some Dutch Treat this morning.

Nice flock Burnin1.
Here is a Tom for your girls
Turkey's have sure made a great comeback
20160523_084256.jpg

Nice flock burnin1
lol. Ours like to walk in front of the house too. My aunt feeds them every day with bread and wild bird seed. Then they roost in the pine trees.
My dogs are scared of them. lol
Funniest thing ya ever seen. Turkey chasing a dog. ROTFL

Good morning, that is a beautiful Tom, Cane wow, and he knows it. Burning first time i saw turkeys in the trees i bout died. Ya know it is dusk and you are just minding your own business and look up and these giant fat birds are sitting up there?
It froze here last night. winter is coming.

Ah yea, i remember the wild turkeys well. They’ll also roost on your hay stack, crap on everything then the cows wont eat it.
25 yrs ago some locations were so bad fish and game would fence hay yards to protect some farmers winter feed.
Farmers had a different approach. Personally i didnt care for them too much cause the wild ones are all dark meat and generally pretty stringy. Every couple years id take a few to keep the population in check. My favorite method was when theyd come thru the yard, id let them get down along the river then turn a hound loose. Hed run them all to the trees where theyd stay till the dog left. This gave me time to walk down there and i simply shot them in the butt, not much to eat on that end! Id take 4 which was what i could carry and then we left them alone for a while.
P.s Always bought the thanksgiving bird!

Last edited:
Another smoky day in the never ending fire state...may as well smoke a doob...this fire started a couple days ago and was 1000 acres when I first heard about it, now it’s over 70000 acres...the beautiful town of Paradise, Ca is gone or so I hear...
We’re looking at another dry year as well at least so far...ain’t no global warming though...

Oh no RE, i am so worried about this years fire season. I guess all seasons are fire seasons now. yeah, good thing there is no climate change.

I popped a few beans last week...a few BBxValentine and several other freebies that I had in my sack...today I installed the last of them in solo cups and will give’m some time before moving them into 3 gallon smarties...Thats about all I can fit into my space...I’m using coco chips and a top down flood and drain...It worked pretty well last year so I’m doing the same drill this time...Using MegaCrop dry nutes pumped in from a reservoir under the cabinet...Wish me luck and with any luck, I’ll post some pics in due time...

Good morning from the frozen Midwest yall!
17* freakin degrees this morn.
I still have hoses to roll up out there so I'm hoping it warms up some.
I have young men comming tonight to try to hunt out some coyotes. We have a pretty large pack running the creek this year.
Too many and they start getting close to the house where our little dogs are.

I just joined here awhile ago and have no idea about the old farts club. I am 52 and disabled because my body is falling apart from many years of abusing it I guess. Why don't you just name the old farts club to "Glad I'm Still On the Green Side of the Grass Club"? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back