Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I been thinking about the feminized seed thing.
Can anyone explain the difference in a morphed female pollinating herself, producing all female seeds and a plant that has been treated with chems to morph so you can produce female seeds?
Natural or chemical induced, morph is morph. Right?
I have done the self pollinating thing with male flowers on a female plant and produced all female seed, so I do know it works that way.

Morning O.F.C.!--
Gloman -- There's a difference-- What U talking about makes hermies -- Sooner or later they will pop some male flowers -- Selfing makes true females !-- U don't have to understand it -- That's just the way it is !

Good morning OFC. hitting on this pipe. Sipping coffee. Been raining yesterday and this morning. It just might be a lazy day.

Here's the recipe for canna balm I been looking for.
This came from Bill at the old site.

Attachments

• 1202180820.jpg
    1202180820.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 16
lol.
Keef you know I can't just let that go. I gotta know why!
I don't understand how a natural morph and a forced morph are different when it comes to genes.

XX is female and YY is male -- Hermie is XY -- It can be more X or more Y but it will always be XY -- Selfing there is no Y so all seed are XX -- Does that make any sense ?

That ain't enough for U is it Gloman ?-- DNA is the blueprint of a lifeform -- It resembles a ladder that is twisted -- When regular cells reproduce the DNA splits down the middle of the ladder and each half reproduces itself -- From the one cells U get 2 that are exactly alike -- In sexual reproduction half the dad's ladder and half of mom's ladder combine to produce a new ladder -- One of the rungs on that ladder determines sex -- That's where the X and Y come in-- When they combine U get XX--YY --and XY -- Then U get into dominate and recessive stuff -- That's where we get into how the terps and everything else are determined --

Ok so say fem is xx male is yy.
Xx pollinated by morph xy give xxxy genes which is fem dominate no matter how ya look at it.
What I want to know is why does a natural morph produce more morphs and a forced morph don't?
I guess Ill have to talk to the creator for that.
From what I see selfing is just a new name for morphing.
Read: The marijuana growers guide deluxe edition. Ed Rosenthal included a section on morphs and fem seed.

I'm seeing a small bug problem starting!
I tried to get a picture but my camera won't pick up the fine details.
Just a few leaves have what looks like a sucked out tiny circle on the serrated edge. I found 1 what looks like a mite. These girlz are only a few weeks away from harvest.
Can somebody recommend a treatment that won't affect the finished product?
I don't want poisons in my weed and I don't want to mess up the taste. ???????
The Safer Brand and Mighty Wash work, I could also suggest a cold pressed neem oil as a alternative. Granted this is just a suggestion, I don't like outdoor grows as I'm a inside type of guy. The reason being that we are killing bee's already at a alarming rate. These products all have potential hazard to that. Plus, its so much easier to control a environment indoors for the type of plant you are growing. I am a all organic grower and have a bumper tomato crop going at the moment. Winter does not cheat me out of veggies. :)

GW - I'm with U on inside growing -- I'm a water pharmer but I run a live res -- They say I can't call it organic because the Cal/Mag I use is not organic -- I'm fine with that !-- What I'm working on now is what to do with the 50 gallons or so of used nute water I'll have every 2 weeks -- I do some brewing so I'm thinking of some blueberry bushes -- I make a mean concentrated blueberry wine -- I just think I'm have more nute water than a few blueberry bushes can take --
Not sure what I'm do with it all but I have grown veggies inside in DWC using used nute water and they loved it !
I just hate sending it down the drain !

Good morning everyone just thought you guys might like this little video pretty good I’m about halfway through it so far reefer madness to .0 with David Suzuki
http://youtu.be/Ko-BSaNhncg

Last edited:
I'm have to watch that later Bud -- Yard ain't mowing itself -
Does Dr. David still deny making UBC Chemo ?-- I believe him -- I don't think he did !-- I think it was a wild eyed lab tech who had enough sense to remain anonymous-- That colchicine they used is carcinogenic-- I'm using a safer mutagenic but it's still a dangerous chemical ! -- I need the feminized seed like we was just talking about !-- With odds of 1 in 1,000 of success -- I wanna be sure it's a girl !-- What am I looking for ?-- I'm not trying to reproduce UBC -- Polyploidy is the new Frontier-- We don't know enough about it to say what will be there and what will not !
I'm go see !

Good morning all, long time no see.
My wifi is very sketchy, hopefully this will end soon. makes me nuts.
How are all of you good people doing today?
It is cloudy and dark and looks like rain. I hear Christmas is coming. That means i need to get busy.
Smoking some satori a friend sent me. so wonderful, haven't had any in years. a nice sativa from mandala seeds. I need to go look at their new seeds I just love them.
I hope you and everyone's dogs are healthy and doing well. Missed you guys.

Morning OFC, Same weather here Umbra, Burrrr...
Never could figure out how those fem. seeds work ..But they sure save you a lot of time and hassle sexing. And they work..
Smoking on some Blue Dream this morning
Hope that your day is going well! :)
Hi Rose miss you too......

I hate that lawnmower !-- Mowing is done now I got a weed eater to put together -- My other one drowned -- It's gonna hit 80 here today !
Hey Rose I knew U wasn't around to keep an eye on me so I was mostly good !
I got some pain headed my way from that mower -- Take me some more caps early -- I got 2-3 maybe 4 hours before the pain come !--Hopefully I get get the weed eater work done before then ?

I was skeptical of those feminized seed at first Cane -- Like Gloman -- I was sure they were just glorified hermies -- They not !-- U right about saving time

I was in the medical field for 20 years -- When I first saw this meme I thought something don't look right -- I'm slow so it took me awhile to understand what I was seeing -- I posted this a page or 2 back and wanted to explain it since it took me awhile to get it !
The brother in this pic got ear buds in his nose like an O2 canula and a phone charging cord taped to his hand like an IV !-I give him an A++ for creativity!--
photo0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back