Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see if I can get my fat finder on that little button -- I need a bigger device !

I was able to open my PMs-- I guess I could go back in and see what kinda hate mail been coming my way lately but I'm just not interested !-- Been nursing this pipe and got kinda high !
I made some more friends being a troll again this morning -- Like slapping a hornets nest !-- But U don't get stung !-- They got pretty pissed off !

Mane the tail end of this storm is pushing thru tonight -- I can't complain too bad everyone north and east of me gonna catch it !-- We gonna only get a few sprinkles but everywhere else gonna get ripped a new one !--

I know there aren't many sailors on here but do you guys know what "sea legs" are? Here lately I have been doing a lot of driving and I noticed after a long drive, the earth seems like it moves under me, sometimes for hours. One night I thought my house was gonna go into the river! I got home last night and I'm still woozy.

Yeah did Philly to Miami in 20 hours. Stopped to get gas and was waiting for car to stop moving

Having been a commercial fisherman for 30 yrs,then OTR for 2,I'd say you definitely have a case of sea legs.I got it bad (go figure) the first couple of months after being in the seat 9.5 to 10 hours a day truck driving.Never bothered me on the water,just on land,ahhh but I always valued the open sea,above hard dry land.

I used to do a lot of road trips and it never bothered me like this. Getting old really sucks. I hate to say it but I may have some Harleys for sale one of these days.

What did ya fish for mike? I chased shrimp in Australia, crabs and oysters in Maryland and Rockfish all over the east coast and Chesapeake. Rough life but it has a certain "Rustic Charm" to it.

I had a 32 footer,I used for shrimping in the summer,and oysters in the winter.A 24 footer for crabbing and pound netting.Spent most of my time in the coastal sounds.Spent a year in Maine lobster fishing.

Don’t know if I qualify so much as a sailor as I’ve only sailed in fresh water but this is my boat...built her my own self over about 2 or 3 years and have sailed her for about that many...Wish I could get my kids interested because I’d like one of them to take care of her when I’m done...and that’s coming right up I think...
Oh, and I sometimes do get sea legs after I come ashore...and O.F....my first case of vertigo was after spending many hours at the tiller...
F1064AF8-B1E4-4CF2-88F6-0CE89C191ADE.jpeg

I had to stop riding motorcycles after the third crash...it just wasn’t in my cards, though I loved doing it, I just could seem to keep the rubber side down...
Now days, my RV’s are motorhomes and sailboats...

That's some mad skills,2re she looks good.If it sways back and forth on water,you are a sailor.And quite a carpenter too.Did you make the sails as well?

Last edited:
Rain is supposed to start here in Carolina after noon,then chances all week,looks like the monsoon season is upon us.

Nice 2re. I had a wooden egg harbor back in the day. Always wanted to try sailing but just never actually got to it.

that is impressive 2re. we are in the midst of an ice storm here in central mass. spoda turn to rain but it has been cold so the ground is turning the rain into black ice. rather have snow or rain. ice is bad. this is what we had happen 10 years ago...
DSC02515.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back