Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umbra last time light came up -- I had a question and got high and forgot-- Let me see if I remember right -- OK I know light can be bent ?-- So if it was bent around in a circle ?-- How long would it take to catch up to itself ?

U probably wouldn't like them -- This is the vegetarian kind !--
20190109_153038.jpg
Just saying !

I ran across my plans for My "Wet Heat" engine the other day -- Who know I have room for a grow and a little fab shop maybe I build it ?-- Simple little thing !-- Based on the Bliss Leavit Mark 7 steam torpedo power plant-- It was a closed system-- turn it on and it ran at constant speed until it hit it's target or ran out of fuel -- Fuel -air -and water were injected into a combustion pot and ignited -- The resulting steam pressure was used to turn the propeller -- cycle was repeated -- The rudder on a one ton test torpedo malfunctioned and the torpedo leaped over 40 feet out the water-- set a record for a torpedo to leap the highest out the water that stood for decades !--
Turn it from a closed system-- to an open system with controls and such --It got no real moving parts -- Use that steam to turn a jet impeller--
Strap it to a personal watercraft -- Find someone who ain't afraid to stand on it and see what it do ? -- I understand the mechanics but the needed computer control system is beyond me -- Maybe one day ?-- Such a craft should also be able to dive ? -- It's proven tech it just needs an upgrade ?

Find someone who ain't afraid to stand on it and see what it do ? -- I understand the mechanics but the needed computer control system is beyond me -- Maybe one day ?-- Such a craft should also be able to dive ? -- It's proven t

Hey Keef, if i didnt live so far away I'd test it for you. I say go for it bro, if you build it they will come.;)

That was to be my swan song -- I had planned that when I retired I would get me a little Shop and tinker away -- Build it just to please me !-- I grew up around a fab shop then made my living doing R&D for concrete machine companies as a young man -- Worked my way right out of a job -built them a machine then set thier shop up to mass produce it -- They didn't need me anymore -- I got an engineering bonus and a pink slip in the same envelope - - That's when I went back in the army and learned to scrub for surgery -- I swore I'd never build for anyone else except myself in the future !-- Then of course I fell and that dream died -- I never have built much since --but I kept it up in my mind -- I was quite satisfied in myself with Wet Heat -- The head injured mind ?-- U ever heard of something called "The Baghdad Battery" ?--If 2 dissimilar metals like steel and copper are immersed in a mild acid like fruit juice /wine or a slight saline solution like sea water a current flows between them -about 2-3 volts -low amp --
I sat up in the middle of the night one night long ago seeing in my mind the current flowing from a positive inner button to an outer negative ring around it -- Thousands of them covering the whole outer hull of the boat -- A boat that never needed fuel -- It's hull reacts to sea water providing electrical power !-- Did I ever tell U I dream big ?

That was to be my swan song -- I had planned that when I retired I would get me a little Shop and tinker away -- Build it just to please me !-- I grew up around a fab shop then made my living doing R&D for concrete machine companies as a young man -- Worked my way right out of a job -built them a machine then set thier shop up to mass produce it -- They didn't need me anymore -- I got an engineering bonus and a pink slip in the same envelope - - That's when I went back in the army and learned to scrub for surgery -- I swore I'd never build for anyone else except myself in the future !-- Then of course I fell and that dream died -- I never have built much since --but I kept it up in my mind -- I was quite satisfied in myself with Wet Heat -- The head injured mind ?-- U ever heard of something called "The Baghdad Battery" ?--If 2 dissimilar metals like steel and copper are immersed in a mild acid like fruit juice /wine or a slight saline solution like sea water a current flows between them -about 2-3 volts -low amp --
I sat up in the middle of the night one night long ago seeing in my mind the current flowing from a positive inner button to an outer negative ring around it -- Thousands of them covering the whole outer hull of the boat -- A boat that never needed fuel -- It's hull reacts to sea water providing electrical power !-- Did I ever tell U I dream big ?

Sounds like a very workable project. Giver !

I never thought you were giving me a hard time,,,,we cooler then a fan

My latest mind project is a work in progress -- The biggest thing in R&D is clearly identifying the problem then U can work on solving it -- I found a problem needs solving !-- Might be 50- 90 miles of wild beach between me and Mexico-- Not a house one on the Bay or island in that whole distance -- No roads -- No electric -- No fresh water -- U look around the world there lots of places where there is water but no drinking water -- Like back in the swamp -- U don't want to drink that !-- Anyway I can't do anything about roads but what about a "Utilities"-- Unit -- Standard size shipping containers that would use solar -- wind and maybe even Solar steam to make power and distill what's available into fresh drinking water -- It gets complicated !

Anyway I can't do anything about roads but what about a "Utilities"-- Unit -- Standard size shipping containers that would use solar -- wind and maybe even Solar steam to make power and distill what's available into fresh drinking water -- It gets complicated !

A splendid idea bro, absolutely no reason it wouldnt work. Brilliant mind there;)

Umbra last time light came up -- I had a question and got high and forgot-- Let me see if I remember right -- OK I know light can be bent ?-- So if it was bent around in a circle ?-- How long would it take to catch up to itself ?

Light is photons. Even if you could have a medium with decreasingly gradient index(which is the only way light could increase in speed), the photon cannot be in two places at once. Interesting thought experiment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back