Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad's old John Deere had a front scoop on it and the flywheel or whatever that was called was tiny and I could not even move it. Dad was the only one that could start it. I learned to drive on that monster. So tall. I just googled and i didn't see any like his. not old enough.

They offered him dang near anything he wanted but he was an old school farmer that wasn't gonna do anything different.
He wouldn't even change his clocks for daylight savings.
You work for him you work on George Fox time. lol
That old tractor still had the steel wheels.

They offered him dang near anything he wanted but he was an old school farmer that wasn't gonna do anything different.

I like your Dad :).

Dad's old John Deere had a front scoop on it and the flywheel or whatever that was called was tiny and I could not even move it. Dad was the only one that could start it. I learned to drive on that monster. So tall. I just googled and i didn't see any like his. not old enough.
Like this
I will delete later if file is too large
antique_1939_john_deere_h_two_cylinder_gas_tractor_pto_fenders_hand_start_3_lgw.jpg

That is a hand start wheel used in place of a crank
See that green solid wheel on the back side of tractor under the steering /seat area

Last edited:
My Ford 2n came with steel wheels Rubber was used for the war effort most tractors wheels were steel during the war

That is pretty close Stiggy, was there a smaller starter wheel? You just made me remember the steering wheel was rubber and really little.

I remember some fool bought one of those bicycle wheel JD's back in the day.Tractor killed him a month later. WV hills don't get along with them tricycle front ends

That's how Doc Watson's son Merle died. He was plowing a steep hillside and the tractor rolled on top of him crushing him.
Good morning OFC

Should have some Doc Watson up, maybe when he recorded with NDGB. Just sayin;)

Morning OFC cloudy with a chance of sunshine here...
As a teenager I worked on a hog farm only tractors that we had were international harvesters. All were a lot newer than the ones you are talking .. and if you ask me they were pieces of s#×> ...we seemed to always be working on them .....
O well still farming, girls are getting close to harvest :) puffin on some Blackjack and loving it ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back