Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I have been known to brush the exterior of the bags and spray them in the shower to clean them off but I worry I am killing my micro herd with the treated water. I try to clean the outside then pour a couple of gallons of water I have had sitting out for a few days thru the soil(or maybe the green lite is media and not soil). I am confused today. More so than usual...

Nick, did you get home alright? All the schools and roads are closed here with 6 inches more snow headed our way today.

So you all know what is going on. Dutch Princess is Stiggy's stalker. I have banned him 3 times and I am not much interested in playing their games so I am hoping they will tire of this and stop it.
Sorry Rose. I don’t understand people who aren’t happy unless others are unhappy. I pretty much quit Facebook for just that reason...

Me too. I have been known to brush the exterior of the bags and spray them in the shower to clean them off but I worry I am killing my micro herd with the treated water. I try to clean the outside then pour a couple of gallons of water I have had sitting out for a few days thru the soil(or maybe the green lite is media and not soil). I am confused today. More so than usual...
Whoops
I forgot to say I do Coco and after 2 runs it gets thrown in the garden outside, tat swhen I wash the bags
I believe the green is algae From being wet most of the time, mine sit in runoff until the plant uptakes the runoff water
I could be wrong

Home sick so did my taxes. LOL. If you own rental real estate you will do well. Gee surprise, surprise.
I own a 4 family with 3 other people. I have had it for a decade and have not made a single dime off of it. Started out being the good landlord. I would rush right over to fix whatever the tenants broke day or night. Then I noticed they seemed to get a kick out of watching me try to make things right and they’d call over the smallest thing. The last straw was when I had to unclog a toilet one of the dirtbags pooped in minutes before I got there. It was clogged with his beard trimmer. Wound up getting a property manager to deal with the tenants. They all sent us letters saying how they liked it better before the property manager took over. Bummer. Before I owned my house, I always took care of the small stuff where I was renting. Never really bothered the landlord unless it was something beyond me or was going to cost big money. All of the tenants I have in my rental are 2nd and 3rdgeneration section 8 renters so they have probably never thought about taking care of their living areas. So if I get a little break this year(probably won’t though), I will be happy. I will never buy rental property again. Oh and I am being sued this year by someone who clsims they slipped and fell on the property. This was after he was arrested earlier in the day for domestic abuse.

I own a 4 family with 3 other people. I have had it for a decade and have not made a single dime off of it. Started out being the good landlord. I would rush right over to fix whatever the tenants broke day or night. Then I noticed they seemed to get a kick out of watching me try to make things right and they’d call over the smallest thing. The last straw was when I had to unclog a toilet one of the dirtbags pooped in minutes before I got there. It was clogged with his beard trimmer. Wound up getting a property manager to deal with the tenants. They all sent us letters saying how they liked it better before the property manager took over. Bummer. Before I owned my house, I always took care of the small stuff where I was renting. Never really bothered the landlord unless it was something beyond me or was going to cost big money. All of the tenants I have in my rental are 2nd and 3rdgeneration section 8 renters so they have probably never thought about taking care of their living areas. So if I get a little break this year(probably won’t though), I will be happy. I will never buy rental property again. Oh and I am being sued this year by someone who clsims they slipped and fell on the property. This was after he was arrested earlier in the day for domestic abuse.

My last tenant ripped all the trims off ( pine ) and tore out the ash cabinets to burn for firewood. I guess it kept him warm while he rebuilt an old 1987 Honda motor bike in the living room on my solid oak floors. Gawd luv em eh ?

My last tenant ripped all the trims off ( pine ) and tore out the ash cabinets to burn for firewood. I guess it kept him warm while he rebuilt an old 1987 Honda motor bike in the living room on my solid oak floors. Gawd luv em eh ?
The guy who dropped his beard trimmer in the toilet used a BB gun to shoot out the windows and speckle finish the walls when he moved out. I say moved out but it was more like he just dumped all his garbagey possessions off the 3rd story into the back yard smashing wood, glass and plastic so I would get to pick it up. He then asked for a recommendation and his cleaning deposit back so he could rent another place. Yea right...

OMG,it is a wonder you didn't shoot him OF. I managed a rental for ten years for a friend. only had one bad renter and they were the ones who had a recommendation from a mayor close by. go figure. they were selling amway too.

I get that stuff too. But I live 3,000 miles away so that is not going to happen. My last tenant tried to slip a couple things thru and it did not go well for them. I hauled them into Court and then they had to pay legal fees too. Tenant wanted me to move some boxes of spare tiles in the basement. I printed out a copy of landlords legal requirements for my state. When her daughter flushed a stuff animal down the toilet, she got the plumber's bill for $2500. They had to remove part of the ceiling then they had to replace the sheetrock and paint it.

Hey Stiggy, not much yet ;) ... I'll have to go check on them in a bit... how's things your way ?
Im doing OK
The leg was better today, I was able to walk my dog at te park
He took a giant dump, bendin over to pick it up was the hard part LOL
I hate when others don't pick up after their pups and step in it.
I mean come on people .
I popped them 2 seeds in soil may grow them out and put them outdoors

I get that stuff too. But I live 3,000 miles away so that is not going to happen. My last tenant tried to slip a couple things thru and it did not go well for them. I hauled them into Court and then they had to pay legal fees too. Tenant wanted me to move some boxes of spare tiles in the basement. I printed out a copy of landlords legal requirements for my state. When her daughter flushed a stuff animal down the toilet, she got the plumber's bill for $2500. They had to remove part of the ceiling then they had to replace the sheetrock and paint it.

You're a real bear. Tenants have all the rights here. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back